PDA

View Full Version : A consumer shell opinion?

N3OQO
10-01-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm sketching out ideas for next years shows, and pondering shell options. I've got 76 mortars now in 4 racks and plan to increase that and possibly double it for next year. Cans are a must for the finale, but I'm thinking a rack of double, triple, and quad breaks in the mix. I'm sure there are a bunch of you out there that have done this. How have you put them in? I have a thousand ideas, looking for even more.

jknepp1954
10-01-2014, 06:50 PM
I personally use good quality doubles and triples for my finale racks - not cans. i save cans for the main body of show. I don't think quads would do much as they would be much smaller breaks.
But that is MY opinion - and everyone's would probably be different.

N3OQO
10-01-2014, 07:02 PM
I personally use good quality doubles and triples for my finale racks - not cans. i save cans for the main body of show. I don't think quads would do much as they would be much smaller breaks.
But that is MY opinion - and everyone's would probably be different.
Opinions and ideas are what I am looking for. Thanks!

PGH_Pyro
10-01-2014, 08:45 PM
i'd pepper the whole show intermittently with all of the above but i'd definetly put some salutes into the finale racks

mguerra
10-02-2014, 09:44 AM
No salutes. He said consumer.

pyrohioman
10-02-2014, 05:38 PM
It never hurts to put some smaller shells in your finale, they break a little lower and help fill the sky with a second level.( Helps to keep the finale a little neater also) Spread it out and give it levels

Fire Art
10-08-2014, 03:32 PM
I am a big fan of multi-level effects, so for me its usually filler ball shells below and cans up top. Fan it out so the shells are not breaking on top of each other if you have the racks to do this.

N3OQO
10-08-2014, 06:11 PM
I am a big fan of multi-level effects, so for me its usually filler ball shells below and cans up top. Fan it out so the shells are not breaking on top of each other if you have the racks to do this.

I have a couple 18 shot fan racks that I got this year and did the same thing the first time I used them. Threw the ball shells out on the angles, and the cans went straight up. My plan for next year is to add two more. One will be all roman candles for a layering effect as well. It's amazing how many folks think like me! ;)

PGH_Pyro
10-09-2014, 11:36 AM
this reminds me that I need to acquire more racks... gonna need a shed to store them .

MIpyro
10-09-2014, 04:17 PM
this reminds me that I need to acquire more racks... gonna need a shed to store them .

Yeah...I started building racks, 10 racks of 10 right now and I have someone building me 20 more, so I am going to have 300 tubes/30 racks of 1.91 hdpe. Might have to get a storage shed because I am not lugging those up and down my basement stairs all the time.