PDA

View Full Version : Fire Art open shoot October 25, 2014

displayfireworks1
09-30-2014, 06:37 PM
I just received an email officially announcing Fire Art is having an open shoot October 25, 2014. As it stands I am going to try to make it. I am hoping to talk to "Al" and see what he can tell me. If you live within a reasonable driving distance of Clearfield Pennsylvania we can help you get the documents you need to get the ATF license. If other pyrotalk members are going maybe we can buy some salutes and shoot them at the demo to get out pyro fix before New Years. Here is the information.
http://www.fireartcorp.com/pdf/OpenShootInvite.pdf
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/pa/PA_13745.gif
Right in the center of the state of Pennsylvania
http://usgwarchives.org/maps/pa/county/pausgs.jpg
October 25, 2014 6pm

Westpapyro
09-30-2014, 08:07 PM
If your coming out to the middle of Pa in Oct. A little tip.
Check out the color changing of the trees. Leaves are beautiful this time of year.
Also Elk Co. Just above Clearfield has a wonderful elk viewing center, very awesome!
I believe Al has only posted this on this Forum
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?3410-Fire-Art-Open-Shoot-10-25-2014
So let's not let him down, anybody else trying to make it out?

jknepp1954
10-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Leaves in central Pa by that time of year's generally mostly DOWN.
And the elk in Elk Co - just be careful that time of year and they are starting to go into rut - and they can be dangerous...

Fire Art
10-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know the office will be open all day and afterwards for purchases. Bring a chair and safety equipment for shooting. Food and refreshments will be served. Open shooting is from 6pm to 9pm, although we are trying to get that extended to 10pm. Shells up to 10" can be shot.

Area hotels are selling out quickly due to the Penn State/Ohio State game. Please give us a call or send me a pm or email so I can get an idea of headcount. Hope to see you there!

The physical address is:
13065 Old Erie Pike
Clearfield, PA 16830

Al Giordano
Fire Art LLC
(814) 765-5918 office
(814) 421-8766 cell
al@fireartcorp.com
www.fireartcorp.com

displayfireworks1
10-11-2014, 08:01 PM
I plan on attending the demo, if anyone coming can bring a few extra Cobra Modules that would be great. I have some canister artillery shells I purchased from Al and will be shooting them that night. The plan will be to bring my Pyroboom racks and wire up the shells for electrical firing. I have three modules but could use six to ten. I need at least three more. I will be putting the new non-regulated electric match to the test. I need help to wire up the shells. I will have some of the Awl devices to place the match directly into the lift of the canister shells. This is the technique I used in my video Advanced Backyard Fireworks that allows immediate firing of the shell. Bring your Cobra Modules and come and help me prepare this and wire it up. I have at least 144 shells. If you want to bring some racks we will add it in. If I get 10 Cobra Modules to go with racks we us them all. Then we will set all modules to number one. When I press number one shell from each module will be in the air, if I get ten modules , ten shells will be in the air with each button press. This is a labor intensive endeavor, I need help and it will be a great learning experience.

Northern Sky
10-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Westpapyro has a couple, I think 4 modules if he sees this request I am sure he will bring them.

As a quick note, I don't recommend wiring the consumer matches in series.

displayfireworks1
10-12-2014, 12:23 PM
I am going to wire one per shell and one on each number of the Cobra. We will also use traditional match. I am going to run other test on the new "Firewire" match. What has you experience been with them? If I can get enough racks and modules along with some help, I would like to do a shoot similar to the 244 salutes video I did at Kellners. Only placing on the match into the canister shell lift is more time consuming and labor intensive.
It looks like all the hotels in the area are booked except for the rat trap ones.
I never been to the FireArt Clearfield location, I purchased my last fireworks from them but had someone else pick them up. Must be a hell of a site if you can shoot up to 10 inch shells.

Westpapyro
10-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Dave, I went up past Clearfield this weekend, elk viewing. And I have a shoot in Brookville this weekend, not sure if I can make it out that way 3 weekends in a row? You are welcome to use my four mods if needed wether I go or not. Just pm or email me.

jknepp1954
10-13-2014, 07:13 AM
we may take a gander out that way - depending on... ;)
Not that far away....

displayfireworks1
10-13-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the offer on the modules, I will keep it in mind as the date approaches.

displayfireworks1
10-13-2014, 08:27 PM
I just released this video public. Word I getting is they want as many people as possible to make it. I am hoping some of the people I helped get an ATF license will show up. It is rare to have an open shoot like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL62O_nqRkE
I hear they sell a three inch canister shell that sound interesting. I never saw a three inch canister salute. Anyone up for splitting a case and we will blast them all that night? I believe there are 60 in a case.
From the video posted
Everyone watching my videos is welcome to attend a "Fireworks Open Shoot" in Clearfield Pennsylvania October 25, 2014 6pm to 9pm. Bring your Consumer 1.4 or Professional 1.3 fireworks and have a good time setting them off. For more information please visit the Fire Art website. Also if you plan on attending please RSVP. Contact person is "Al"
http://www.fireartcorp.com/
address
Fire Art Corp
13065 Old Erie Pike
Clearfield Pa. 16830
Al
Fire Art LLC
(814) 765-5918 office
(814) 421-8766 cell
al@fireartcorp.com
Please be sure to RSVP if you plan on attending. I will see you there.

PGH_Pyro
10-14-2014, 04:14 PM
damned Penn State football games ! they hog up the hotel rooms when Kneppy's has events, as well .

displayfireworks1
10-14-2014, 06:59 PM
I am looking over the Fire Art website. It has real time 1.3 inventory. I see they have cylinder salutes in 2 inch and 3 inch Lidu. I am trying to place an order on the website, I am having trouble retrieving my password. On these two and three inch salutes you can place a "A La Carte" (single shell) order. The price difference between single shell and case price is more than reasonable.
For example a 2 inch Cylinder salute
Case price each $1.66
Single shell order price $1.83
I am going to purchase some of each of these to check them out. I am new to this size cylinder salute, I want to check them out, I will let everyone know how they are.
I also see Fire Art is selling (currently sold out) something I keep saying there is a market for. That is a chain of 1.75 salute finale. I keep saying there is market for the 1.75 salute finale string. With the advanced fireworks user getting his ATF license , he still needs to put all those 1.75 mortar racks to use. He may not want to initially invest in new larger racks of three inch, plus he may still be on the same shoot site with limited clearance, hence the need for the 1.75 salute finale string. Price on these is actually only a little more than if they were single shells.
Word I getting on the two inch salutes are they are NOT like the Lynch Import ones, these are more of a European type. So, I need to check these out.
Here is the Fire Art website, you can arrange the 1.3 product by manufacture or type.
http://www.fireartcorp.com/Shop/Fireworks/Shell-Cylinder

MIpyro
10-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I am looking to get some from ACE next year when they become available because I am doing quick match 1.75 salutes in my finale this weekend, but I still have to connect the black powdered fuse to the quickmatch which takes time. But, to have them chained would be amazing and such a time saver!

Fire Art
10-16-2014, 02:53 PM
The chains go quickly for sure just for that reason. We also carry the 2" and 3" Lidu cylinder salutes in chains as well.

displayfireworks1
10-16-2014, 07:30 PM
I just purchased some 2 and 3 inch Lidu cylinder salutes on the Fire Art website. I believe this was my first true on line 1.3 purchase. If anyone wants to see what they look like, stop by and see me night of the shoot. Or better yet buy some 1.3 and show me something . LOL It looks like you can pay for your order with paypal also. Don't forget to RSVP Al if you are coming. I heard from some folks that are coming and bringing their Cobra's and racks. I have a case (144) canister artillery shells, I will shoot them all if people help me match them, we should have some brass Awls on site to use.

PGH_Pyro
10-16-2014, 10:01 PM
first world problems are precluding me from attending this open shoot .
i hope you will make a nice video of the occasion , Dave .

displayfireworks1
10-23-2014, 07:37 PM
If anyone wants them, I am giving away 20 to 30 fiberglass consumer mortars, these are the ones that are supplied with a canister artillery shells kit. You do not have to be a member of pyrotalk. If anyone wants them I will bring them to the Fire Art demo on Saturday. Free to a good home. I hate to just throw them away. Please email pyrotalk@gmail.com. If more than one person replies I will split them between the responders.
I will have at least 144 canister artillery shells, I heard from people bringing consumer racks and Cobra Mods. The plan will be to match as many as possible using the Awls, going directly into the lift. If you want to learn this or help please come over if you see me. I will also be purchasing the 2 and 3 inch cylinder salute shells, you can check those out also. I will have a two inch rack if you need it.
The weather looks like High 61 and Low 44. Slight chance of afternoon shower. I should be there close to 5pm. Looking forward to the event. Bring some cash because I heard there will be stuff for sale.
The physical address is:
13065 Old Erie Pike
Clearfield, PA 16830
Someone told me to look for the six garage doors.

Westpapyro
10-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Just a dirt road past those buildings. That garage is not them! Not the easiest to find but gps took me right to driveway the first time I went. I think Al will put out a sign?

Dave ask Al to introduce you to Brian, guy that shoots 12" fireballs (gas).
And try some of Al's famous balls (food), lol.

jknepp1954
10-24-2014, 09:09 AM
Henry and I "may" venture on over....not that far for us.

Fire Art
10-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Sorry Chuck, none of the Al's balls and weenies in special sauce for this one, will do for the spring demo. Sharon is cooking up all kinds of stuff though, plenty to eat. Weather looks to be in our favor, especially for this time of year!

Fire Art
10-24-2014, 12:52 PM
We threw an A-frame together for people that want to do crackers and will be getting the field ready in the morning. If anyone needs their own space set up for a mini show or special project just let us know and we will gladly set up racks or whatever. Have a couple other surprises planned. Most likely will get permit extended til 10 to allow me to demo some potential new product and accommodate any individual shows people put together.

We will have two campfires going too and plenty of hot dogs and marshmallows for toasting.

Remember to bring a chair and your safety equipment.

Northern Sky
10-24-2014, 03:06 PM
You are quite the party host Al.

PGH_Pyro
10-24-2014, 04:55 PM
the host with the most . :p
that does sound ideal .
throwing a good party / open shoot is an art and Fire Art will rise to the challenge... lol .

displayfireworks1
10-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Oh wow we are going to get fed also. LOL I was thinking whoever is coming we probably should bring some propane lights. I will bring my propane light. If necessary I can also bring my gasoline generator. I just need someone that has some lights to plug into it. Let me know if I should bring the generator. Al, I glad you suggested to bring a chair. for some reason I always seem to forget a chair.
Again if people are looking for something to do stop over to see me (white Chevy Truck with cap) we are going to match up some consumer artillery shells using the Awls, then placed into the Cobra mods. If you have something you want to show me, please bring it over. If you are looking to get an ATF license and live within a reasonable distance of Clearfield Pennsylvania stop over to see me or AL.
.. Oh I just realized I have some of those emergency hand held parachute rockets, [B]Al you think I can bring a few?
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/WBMhY_TJOFM/hqdefault.jpg
http://www.cumbriacrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/boat-parachute-signal-rocket.jpg

pyrohioman
10-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Oh wow we are going to get fed also. LOL I was thinking whoever is coming we probably should bring some propane lights. I will bring my propane light. If necessary I can also bring my gasoline generator. I just need someone that has some lights to plug into it. Let me know if I should bring the generator. Al, I glad you suggested to bring a chair. for some reason I always seem to forget a chair.
Again if people are looking for something to do stop over to see me (white Chevy Truck with cap) we are going to match up some consumer artillery shells using the Awls, then placed into the Cobra mods. If you have something you want to show me, please bring it over. If you are looking to get an ATF license and live within a reasonable distance of Clearfield Pennsylvania stop over to see me or AL.
.. Oh I just realized I have some of those emergency hand held parachute rockets, [B]Al you think I can bring a few?
http://www.cumbriacrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/boat-parachute-signal-rocket.jpg

O boy, I'll bring the fire extinguisher! LOL.

Westpapyro
10-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Al I had the pleasure of shooting off some of your 2.5" red and green salutes the other day, kick ass buddy! I think strings of 10 or 12. Those are a great Merry Christmas present!!!
Still not sure I can make it? Have fun!

Fire Art
10-25-2014, 07:51 AM
Doesn't hurt to bring them along Dave we can assess if we have a safe zone to light them in. Obviously don't want them coming down in the middle of a set up.

Fire Art
10-25-2014, 07:54 AM
Al I had the pleasure of shooting off some of your 2.5" red and green salutes the other day, kick ass buddy! I think strings of 10 or 12. Those are a great Merry Christmas present!!!
Still not sure I can make it? Have fun!

Pretty sure those were the 3" chains that went out last Saturday to our friend, and they do ROCK! 3CPC216 Only have one case left!!!!!

Fire Art
10-25-2014, 08:00 AM
Oh wow we are going to get fed also. LOL

Sharon, my assistant here, has been prepping and cooking all week. She is quite excited. Make sure you rave about her cooking, I need her in a good mood in the office.

Had to adjust the menu based on the large number of RSVPs. Its going to be beautiful today and a great time here. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

displayfireworks1
10-25-2014, 09:15 AM
That is great you received a nice response. I will load up the devices. We will see everyone later today. Everyone don't forget your eye and ear protection. See you later today.

jknepp1954
10-26-2014, 03:03 PM
Al - thanks so much for a great night of FUN! and great food - appreciate it.
and thanks for thinking of Henry....

PyroJoeNEPA
10-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Back from a GREAT time at the Fire Art open shoot. It was nice to see some old friends, and to meet some new ones. Always nice when you can connect a "screen name" with a face! The weather was nice & the shoot site was huge!!! Nice demo of some new product & Al outdid himself at the end of the night putting a 10" Yung Feng Nashiki Kamuro with rising red effects shell up in the air! Beautiful shell!! Thanks Al, for everything. You are a great host!

displayfireworks1
10-26-2014, 06:33 PM
I enjoyed the open shoot also. I hope Al and Fire Art make this a yearly thing. I was unable to shoot the emergency rocket parachute flares because of the windy conditions, I almost shot one but figured Al would kill me if I started a fire in the nearby woods. The site has great clearance. On our way to Clearfield pyrotalk Holmes (Scott) made me stop at a place that sells legal "Moonshine", we stopped and picked some up. Here is a link, it is right off of Route 80. I may have a little taste from time to time just to help with digestion. LOL
http://blackbirddistillery.com/Blackbird_Distillery/Home.html
http://www.visitpago.com/uploads/pics/Blackbird_Distillery_Moonshine_Flavors__1280x747_. jpg
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/06/29/39/07/blackbird-distillery.jpg
http://exploreclarion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/1069792_255584967956994_1772434340_n-1.jpg

jknepp1954
10-26-2014, 08:28 PM
hmmm - might have to drive out to that distillery! LOL

Westpapyro
10-26-2014, 09:20 PM
Got to taste some of this local shine last Saturday while in Brookeville after a shoot we had. Great local product. I had the lemon and apple pie....
Also I just bought some up in elk country two weekends ago for at home, different Pa company. Haven't opened any up yet!
Sorry I missed it Al.

PGH_Pyro
10-27-2014, 08:46 AM
i sometimes watch that silly "reality tv" show 'Moonshiners' . Tim & Tickle .
i dunno how much is fake/scripted but, it sure is entertaining .

Adam PA Artist
10-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Hello all well first off thanks to Al and Fire Art for allowing us to attend this open shoot and demo, i had a really nice time it was well worth it. And it better be after a 4 1/2 hour ride. lol Met some nice people and others i haven't seen i a while so that was cool and nice to meet you PyroJoe and good seeing you once again Displayfireworks1. Hoping to have some more pyro gatherings in the near future... Al thanks again for making my day never disappointed in you yet.

PGH_Pyro
10-28-2014, 11:36 AM
I couldn't get to this one but I pledge to definetly make the next one, hell or high water .

Fire Art
10-31-2014, 02:58 PM
Thanks to everyone that came and I am glad to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves. Sorry it came and went so quickly. Good to see some old friends and to make some new ones. We do an open shoot the day before our spring demo, its an all weekend affair. Keep an eye on the boards or our website for details or just give us a ring to say hi.