PDA

View Full Version : getting six or so cases of Red Rhnio suggestions anyone

martymower
09-26-2014, 03:46 PM
I am getting six or so cases of 1.4 from a red rhino hook up. I usually use about a third of a case of each kind that I have so I can build up a larger selection. My shoot sites are cramped and usually have to go mostly straight up. I still have plenty of maxed out shells, muscle car classics, hyper ll cakes and plenty of staff of ra comet candles as well as number 200 single shot tubes.
Was looking at cherry drop but can not tell how much it spreads from the u tube vids and also was wondering if the number 400 single shots were much better than the 200s as you get fewer in a case. Any other suggestions or info/advise would be great.
My main shows are on 4 acres with a lot of trees. After stuff clears the tree height spread is ok but must keep it tight down low. This is at a 2 day family New Years party where every one camps out and the audience is very close.

PGH_Pyro
09-26-2014, 04:36 PM
the bigger single tubes are always better and more worth the trouble, imo . although, it's just a can shell in there . you're paying extra for the tube and plastic base . kind've a scam, really .
i shot a couple of "red dragon" cakes which are same as cherry drop and it's wider than standard straight up cake but wasn't THAT wide ...

mguerra
09-26-2014, 07:14 PM
It's WAY cheaper to shoot shells out of a mortar rack than the 200 or 400 tubes. Of course you have to buy mortars and build racks, and buy shells wholesale. But if this is an ongoing hobby it's worth it.

martymower
09-26-2014, 08:31 PM
I have 60 guns in 6 racks to shoot cans out of. The maxed out is a rewrap of excals and comes with the same hdpe tubes so I could add another 20 or 30 guns if I use these. Usually do the cans all at the end with fast fuse. Racks are easy for me as I have lots of wood and tools. Usually make six or seven boards to fire for the body of the show. Just hot glue stuff down and fuse them with different speeds of visco on to various pieces of scrap plywood. Use some single shots on these boards as will as 200 gram and 500 gram cakes. I fire these with a cheap wireless system that I add a few cues to each year. Usually hand lite the main fuse for the racks as the last board dies down. Its not pro style but very, very, fun.
We are close so the shape of the breaks is not as important for me (its all right overhead) as much as lots of color. If cherry drop is not to wide I wii for sure try a case. Any other sugesstions that Red Rhnio carries would help as this is just my 3ed time getting cases.

martymower
09-27-2014, 07:16 PM
any one shot anything from Red Rhnios Full Blown line and was it good?

melott001
09-28-2014, 03:41 PM
if you like mortars try the RED Rhino Scorpion Tails they are awesome they are different colored comets check them out on you tube, also try their 200mg cake it is a 9-shot called ACES WILD goes about 75" high

wizard7611
09-28-2014, 11:35 PM
If I were you, I would just get HD shells. They've been my favorite shell for the past three years. I would say they sound louder and perform way better than Excalibur shells. Usually when you shoot them, they give out a loud thump from the mortar tube (surprisingly not knocking the tube over), stay in the sky for about two seconds, and perform a really nice boom. They just about remind me of 1.3 shells. Seeing BigFireworks improve these shells over the years makes me even happier.:cool:

martymower
09-29-2014, 11:02 AM
thanks melott001 and wizard7611 I will for sure get a case of scorpion tails and a case of aces wild. The staff of ra candles shoot a nice comet with a long tail. They are all one color and not as large as the ones in the vid you suggested. They are low noise and I often shoot one or two late at night when the urge hits and really like the comet effect.
I do not see HD shells in the red rhino catalog unless they have a rewrap with a different name but maybe I can find a kit to try at a stand. So far its cherry drop, scorpion tails, and aces wild. Still could use 3 or 4 more suggestions.

wizard7611
10-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Sorry to tell you this, but HD shells are manufactured by Bigfireworks. I don't necessarily like Red Rhino product since I can't really find any of it and I believe it's pretty pricey.

displayfireworks1
10-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Red Rhino is one of my advertisers on pyrotalk. They are somehow part of Jakes World Class. I do not see them for sale anywhere near Pittsburgh where I live.
Here is their warehouse, I always like the Red Rhino logo.
http://redrhinofireworks.com/media/wysiwyg/aerial.jpg
http://www.crazydebbiesfireworks.com/skin/frontend/crazydebbies/default/images/banner.png
Red Rhino is the company that beat Dominators hold on the NFA fireworks competition in 2012. I would love to get the full story but the NFA stopped having the yearly 1.4 , Class C or whatever they called it. If someone wants to email the story to pyrotalk@gmail.com I will be happy to tell it and never reveal the source.
Here is the story from 2012. Scott and the Cobra system were also in on this.
http://redrhinofireworks.com/media/wysiwyg/2012-CCComp.png
Using only Red Rhino Fireworks’ proprietary Full Blown Fireworks consumer and retails sales legal 1.4G Class C Display line product we were able to put together a show that was chosen to be awarded the 2012 Ed Schneitter Memorial Trophy at the recent 2012 NFA Expo on September 8th.

The show was choreographed by myself utilizing the Finale Software choreography program. The complete effect listing of my Full Blown Fireworks line is a standard inventory option of the Finale Software and using it simplified the process and allowed my vision to be seen as it was created.

Tim Reed, owner of Riverside Fireworks was the shoot team leader, which was comprised of his staff, including Mike Jones who helped ensure that the show was properly cued and all the right pieces were fired at their appointed times and cue placements. The sole firing system used was the Cobra Firing System, which fired the entire show. Scott Smith, the owner of COBRA Firing Systems was on-site to provide assistance during this large scale display.

Many thanks to Tim, Mike and Scott who insured that the show was properly cued, set up and fired perfectly. Their skill and assistance are deeply appreciated and without their help and hard work the choreographed product would just have been a dream, not a reality.

The greatest thing about the fireworks business is that we pyros come together at times of a single purpose. We work together for the common goal and the amount of sacrifice that pyrotechnicians put in to show productions is always astonishing. I was fortunate to be surrounded by good customers, good friends and a supportive family to bring this production to a reality. It is this cooperative teamwork that must be more prevalent in the fireworks industry, both for our own good as well as for the safety and entertainment of the public. It is for them that we all work tirelessly in our respective roles as fireworks industry professionals.

I am humbled by the experience and very proud of holding this trophy as testament to the hard work of those at my company and to those at other fireworks companies that came together during the NFA Expo week for a great purpose, to entertain a grandstand full of spectators while having a night of great fun.

In celebration, thanks and gratitude,

Stephen W. Houser - See more at: http://redrhinofireworks.com/blog/red-rhino-nfa-2012/#sthash.dHgE5QnJ.dpuf

Mike Extreme
10-04-2014, 12:42 AM
The full blown product is the bomb. But the cakes have either a shot of 3 or 4 at a time and at angles the 12 shot are the biggest of them and shot 3 at a time but remember they have a spread.