PDA

View Full Version : Hdpe tubing 2.5"-6"

OFPYRO
09-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Where close to northeast pa can you buy this tubing in longer lengths uncut. The prices of individual mortars plugged is getting crazy when you add in shipping. Any help would be appreciated!

Also would be interested in buying older racks if any are out there.

Thanks!

PyroJoeNEPA
09-18-2014, 12:11 PM
If you do some research you will find it is better to buy your mortars [unless you plan on making several hundred of each size]. HDPE comes in 20 foot "sticks" and smaller dia. is also available in rolls--stay away from the rolled sstuff--it doesn't truly straighten out. actor in the cost of the plugs, crown staples or screws for larger dia. tubes, time, etc. you might save half a buck a tube if you consider your time is free. There are several vendors here in PA that will deliver to a club shoot [another good reason to belong to a club!!!] and two places on the east side of PA that are within reasonable driving distance eliminating shipping costs.
Bottom line is--how many of what size can you afford to buy at once & does driving for a pickup outweigh the cost of shipping.
I've seen several guys calculate the cost of making their guns--only to conclude it wasn't worth the time & effort!
If you want info on where to get mortars & racks in NEPA send me a PM.
Hard to find used racks--they get sold very fast.

CTPYRO
09-18-2014, 01:08 PM
www.mortarrack.com - these guys are located off I-84 in Dingmansferry,PA... near Bloomingrove

joewad
09-18-2014, 01:59 PM
Similiar boat here, what about mortars and racks in the Indiana area that might eliminate the shipping costs for me if close enough for a road trip?

displayfireworks1
09-18-2014, 09:05 PM
There is no doubt the fireworks hobby can be expensive. I would suggest you check out one of my advertisers. Not only do they have a solid reputation they pretty much guarantee their prices. Last year during the winter months I helped them promote a free shipping sale on all their mortars and mortar racks. Many of my video subscribers took advantage of that sale. The winter months may be the best time to purchase these racks.
I can not guarantee pyroboom will have another winter sale, but I would be willing to bet they will. Save now then you will be ready when I make the announcement for them. Check out their site.
http://pyroboom.com/
http://pyroboom.com/images/products/6Shot_1.jpg

Dion
09-18-2014, 09:36 PM
There is no doubt the fireworks hobby can be expensive. I would suggest you check out one of my advertisers. Not only do they have a solid reputation they pretty much guarantee their prices. Last year during the winter months I helped them promote a free shipping sale on all their mortars and mortar racks. Many of my video subscribers took advantage of that sale. The winter months may be the best time to purchase these racks.
I can not guarantee pyroboom will have another winter sale, but I would be willing to bet they will. Save now then you will be ready when I make the announcement for them. Check out their site.
http://pyroboom.com/
http://pyroboom.com/images/products/6Shot_1.jpg

I recently picked up a few racks from Pyroboom and they are great. I will be picking up more during the winter months (Hope that sale does happen soon) and recommend them.

algrant1
09-19-2014, 03:41 PM
In eastern PA you have MortarRack.com. They have sales on Black Friday and a preseason sale in Jan/Feb.
In Central USA you can check out addyracks.com. They are based out of Joliet, Illinois. AddyRacks give you a discount if you buy quantity.
MortarRack and AddyRacks have up to 6" tubes.
To avoid shipping charges you can pick them up at both places.
PyroBoom has 1.75", 2", and 3" tubes.

I have purchased mortars at both places. I have not yet purchased any from PyroBoom.

displayfireworks1
09-19-2014, 07:00 PM
That list of people selling racks you listed, I would check on their reputation, at least one of the ones you mentioned increased the price on many people when it came time to deliver the racks at a shoot. Another one you listed does preorders, then may eventually get around to building them.
The feedback I receive on pyroboom is, solid reputation. you have to realize anyone with minor carpentry skills thinks they can get into the rack business by just undercutting everyone else, then when product and delivery comes around they change things.

tntrealty1
09-20-2014, 12:28 PM
This is a very cost driven hobby/sport/profession...Every year we have to rebuild racks that have lived there life-cycle though the 70-90 shows annually. So what we do is in the off months (September - March) we order HDPE pipe in 40' lengths, have it delivered via trailer truck to the shop and we have a few weekends of rack building. You begin to appreciate the money and labor that goes into making a display company function. Sorry this is a bit long-winded but the short of it is - if you are a hobbyist go with PYROBOOM or PLATTE RIVER etc. to supply your racks. If you're a start up display company expect to spend your first year or two's profit towards building up your equipment inventory.

wizard7611
09-20-2014, 11:13 PM
Don't listen to them! Always buy mortars from Russ Koeler at platteriverfireworks.com I believe this is the cheapest they get. I just ordered 32-3's, 24-4's, and 9-6's. Yes the shipping was expensive ($200), but the amount of tubes was unbelievable. Before, I ordered 40-3's and 30-4's from MortarRack.com. The service was absolutely terrible and the shipment was delayed a whole month! Not only that, the price was very out of hand.