PDA

View Full Version : Interview was awesome

Melp
09-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Thanks Dave

I had my interview this morning everything went great. She said that I should receive my license by october 1 she was going to process it right away.
My Magazine was approved so I have a type 4 magazine all set. She said one of the biggest offenses that they run into is daily logs not being correct or people not returning fireworks to their contingency storage the night that they shoot. I told her that was exactly why I wanted one so if something didn't fire I could store it, or get my product a day or two early. She also reminded me that if I use invoices as a log some companies don't date the invoice and thats a problem.
Its such a small world the guy I was going to shoot the race with she was on her way to his place next.
Altogether It was exactly like your dvd thanks again Dave!!!:cool:

displayfireworks1
09-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Thank you for purchasing my ATF/DVD package and letting us know how your interview went. Please let us know when the blue envelope arrives.
WHO IS NEXT
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

joewad
09-09-2014, 09:13 PM
kudos to Dave for providing video, kudpo to Melp fpor achieving this milestone!

Marine pyro
09-10-2014, 05:33 AM
I think when I attempt to get mine I'm going to see if the NHPA will let me use them as contingency storage or if the fireworks distribution center will let me. The only problem arises with that the distribution center I believe only stores 1.4 so they probably won't be a credible storage facility for 1.3 product.

Pyro Nation
09-10-2014, 05:59 AM
Marine, If you are getting ATF and by your location in New York... here ya go... YOU WILL ONLY BE SHOOTING OFF ITEMS IN PA, Get Contingency from Zach @ IPI or another 1.3 dealer here in PA....Tell ATF you will only be using this in PA

MIpyro
09-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Good to hear Melp...Glad to see another Michiganer getting his license. Make sure to check out the local pyro clubs and get involved. It is a lot of fun and you get to shoot 4-5 times a year too and learn to make shells and rockets.

PyroJoeNEPA
09-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Welcome to "Club 54". :-)

Melp
09-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Mipyro

can you give me names to any of the clubs I live in Grand rapids

MIpyro
09-11-2014, 11:51 AM
sent you private message

CTPYRO
09-11-2014, 01:07 PM
I will be getting contingency through the NHPA as my letter is on it's way... The storage has to be within 100 miles of where you shoot so this is perfect for club events in NH.....

Marine pyro
09-13-2014, 12:04 AM
CT I live in up State CT and beleive that I'm within the 100 mile distance. Pyroliffic I do not live in New York I live in CT.

CTPYRO
09-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Just keep in mind if you plan on going through with the application for the 54... the hartford CT branch for the ATF will want to know where you plan on storing 1.3 ( you need storage when applying for the 54 license ) and they also require that you have 10 shoots using display fireworks. Although this is a federal license and to purchase 1.3 this is a requirement from the state. CT is pretty much a nanny state and there are only a few people with the 54 but they shoot for display companies. I just got my contingency letter from the NHPA and I have the required shoots from the display company I work with as well so I will be sending in the app soon.

Scott

CTPYRO
09-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Keep in mind though that this was the information I got from the state a few years back before I joined the NHPA and before I started working for Bay. I didn't understand why I needed 10 shoots but maybe they ( the state ) thought my intentions for getting the 54 were to fire shows in CT which wasn't the case. But the sticking point was storage because I really wasn't prepared enough where as I am now along with experiance using 1.3