PDA

View Full Version : This guy needs an ATF license and a Cobra Firing System

displayfireworks1
09-07-2014, 04:56 PM
This guy needs an ATF license and a Cobra Firing System. When your fuse gets this long you need an ATF license. I believe he is from Florida.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AsQK16eWoo

PyroManiacs
09-07-2014, 09:24 PM
This setup is just awesome... the amount of work put into it, the timing, the layout and the detail of everything. Marvelous!

Basically a one fuse display. I cant wait to take on a task like this

MIpyro
09-07-2014, 10:11 PM
The past 2 years, the guy I shoot with on the 4th does this...we basically call it sky puke and for some reason audience likes it but I can't stand it because its like "yeaaaaa, its just all smoke and color and can't see anything!" lol! we did 3 rows basically the length of the street, probably a hundred feet or more long and quick fused everything, lit one end and let it go..basically shoots in about 5 minutes..not fun at all. But this is an amazing set up and I like how he has it all timed and spaced out.

Pyro Nation
09-07-2014, 10:13 PM
WOW he spent some money on that and some serious time for setup

MIpyro
09-07-2014, 10:26 PM
where is the video for the show? This has to be epic!

N3OQO
09-08-2014, 06:31 AM
View it on Utube and then go to his page, the show is excellent!!! I began using a fuse technique like this this year, timing repeater boards with fuse, but adding a 12 cue firing system, and I am very please with the results.

PyroJoeNEPA
09-08-2014, 08:27 AM
He put together a great show with a LOT of very nice product, but, boy, I was getting tired just from looking at all the fusing he had done!!! BUY A COBRA!!!!! :-)
He did have some very nice mounting boards for his slices, comets, etc. A lot of work went into that show. +9.5 for prep & effort!

Northern Sky
09-08-2014, 09:55 AM
That's how it all starts. It looks like he has advanced stages of the "Pyro-blood Syndrome".

The show was well done and not as much of a sky puke as expected. Still could be better though.

I'd love to get him out to see what could be done with his budget for a pyromusical. He would have a whole new experience after seeing Pyrofest, PGI or another large format display.

Some people like to do it like this and will not entertain changing their techniques.

It is their way and how they like to do it.

NWPA
09-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Taking hobbyist to a whole new level. Really, really nice. Beautiful property to boot.

displayfireworks1
09-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Over the years there have a few people that were long fusing it or just lighting everything by hand. I initially had a hard time converting them to electrical firing.
My friend Joe in Muse PA comes to mind, first video is hand lighting then electrical firing in second video.
old Joe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfJ2G94tJgQ
New JoeShow start at 14:00 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIO7cwlUSb4

displayfireworks1
09-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Here is the guy from Florida long fuse display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-uSpcG78ZM

PyroManiacs
09-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Weird, that screen cap in the second video "New Joe" kinda looks like you Dave, lol.

Bluebones
09-09-2014, 04:33 PM
I like his set pieces and mine/comet racks. Other that's that it's just a regular 1 fuse show. Don't see what the big deal is. Idk, thought most plp were capable of doing this.

PGH_Pyro
09-09-2014, 04:52 PM
nothing wrong with hand-lighting as it goes along , either .
i realize some people are intimidated by being so close as cakes / shells are popping off .

N3OQO
09-09-2014, 08:07 PM
I thought the man did an outstanding display. He put time and effort into a very good show...he loves the art of it and pleasing the crowd. Anyone can just throw stuff out in the backyard and just light it randomly. I've been a drummer all my life and played with pros and garage bands, it's basically the same thing. The garage band will make noise sometimes very good, but they lack the understanding of harmonies, multiple parts, timing and showmanship.

wizard7611
09-12-2014, 09:54 PM
ATF licenses can lead you into a lot of money spent.

displayfireworks1
09-12-2014, 10:17 PM
ATF licenses can lead you into money well spent. LOL

Dion
09-14-2014, 07:43 PM
I think he did a fantastic job. I think if he had a ATF 54 it would just make things more complicated for him because of the location. Plus all the legal bull that you have to go through to get the license plus a magazine ext. Don't get me wrong some 1.3 could spice up a show of this size but the 1.4 on the market today is good enough for smaller shows. I know one thing for sure and that's the fact that some ground stuff up closer to the crowd would be real nice, large fountains, wheels ext. Im old school I guess.

mguerra
09-15-2014, 12:10 PM
You can absolutely wow a crowd with nothing but 1.4G. That's a fact. But you can't get the complex effects of nice 1.3G shells. Or those serious kick ass 1.3G cakes, big mines and so on. So you can keep your crowd happy with consumer, but you as a pyrotechnician want something more... It is a bit of a pain in the ass to play in the 1.3G sandbox, but it's fun!

tinymagget
09-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Never thought a show could take to long. When all the 60 grams canisters were going up would have been nice if they were grouped together. By effect in flights of 5 then 15 or 20. pretty sure he had that many lol. That would take away from the finally. Speaking of that it would have been nice if condensed to about 40 seconds. Puke ok fine then! I can surely Appreciate the time spent putting that show on. He's probably working on the next one now. I am sure of one thing. He spent more for that show. Then I have in entire life! I bet the food at that party was great also. Good job. Be Safe, mike

Rick_In_Tampa
06-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Wow!! Now THAT'S a display!! I love the setup and attention to detail. The only thing I thought was odd, was that he appears to have everything taped down and not glued down. I could be wrong, but... With the number of cakes he's using and the angles he has them set at, if he's only using tape to hold them down, I can see a high potential to have something break loose and wreak havoc.

Other than that, I am extremely impressed! The man obviously has deep pockets to put on a home built show like that.

Bazerk
06-08-2016, 12:51 PM
He did do a great job, but there is some video magic in the Youtube version in that they cut out some dead space. Don't get me wrong, I am not detracting from what this man accomplishes with his technique and setup, but I am saying that a cobra will fix that particular problem for him. Not to mention the timing becoming perfect and a lot of time saved in fusing.

chriskrc
06-08-2016, 03:52 PM
He absolutely did a great job and watching the video of the entire show was awesome too.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-09-2016, 12:34 AM
He absolutely did a great job and watching the video of the entire show was awesome too.

Where was the video of the actual show? I didn't see that.

djsmurf
06-09-2016, 12:37 AM
Where was the video of the actual show? I didn't see that.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-09-2016, 12:45 AM

Much thanks!

Adam PA Artist
06-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Man thats just awesome this guys a real enthusiasts, people like him will keep this hobby alive!!!

Northern Sky
06-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Did you guys have watch all of that? I was bored to tears.

djsmurf
06-09-2016, 09:40 PM

I agree while the set-up is neat, watching it as well as the show is not very entertaining.

ilovecrackle
06-09-2016, 10:41 PM
Yeah, that was quite the setup. Most Impressive!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-10-2016, 12:13 AM

Yeah.. Didn't make it to the end either.