PDA

View Full Version : Collier preview video

displayfireworks1
08-24-2014, 07:41 PM
This is an unlisted preview video from Collier Sportsman Club fireworks display. Thanks to everyone that came to help out and donate product. I wanted to get out a short clip to post on the forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVVNjWkdJLA

PyroManiacs
08-24-2014, 08:55 PM
W O W, that Fireball!

displayfireworks1
08-24-2014, 09:47 PM
Little did that man that taught the gasoline fireball classes at the Pyrotechnic Guild International convention know what he started. LOL Scott is perfecting his technique on these. It is a very dramatic effect.
By the way, the price of large amounts of Cremora is dropping rapidly.

Holmes69
08-25-2014, 06:51 AM
Dave/Paul, I'm really sorry I singed your eyebrows. LOL

Adam PA Artist
08-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Had a really good time at the show i wanna thank Dave personally for inviting me, it was nice to help set up some of the shells with the electric match. I learned a few things from the guys who are more experienced. BTW the gasoline fireball was insane.. lol

Marine pyro
08-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Wow those fireballs are pretty amazing. Not sure if I would attempt doing them but I can't wait to see the full video from this year. I'm really looking forward to it

PyroManiacs
08-26-2014, 10:41 PM
By the way, the price of large amounts of Cremora is dropping rapidly.

Best source?

displayfireworks1
08-27-2014, 08:47 PM
I meant that as a joke about the Cremora. The reason is most people that do these flame effects use black powder and Cremora. I have a feeling this gasoline flame will catch on and be more popular. If you want to buy Cremora in bulk the best place is the PGI convention, the nice thing about the Cremora type is you can do it in a 5 gallon plastic bucket. You are going to need a metal dog food dish to direct the charge upward, people that do it without the dish seem to always blow the bucket apart. But I am with Holmes69 on this one, gasoline is the way to go. I told him next time we need to see what E85 fuel does. Then we need some advice from pyro-chemist on what material can be dissolved in gasoline to produce a color fireball.

PyroManiacs
08-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Gasoline then? I have access to plenty, lol.

I have been out of the loop of whats going on with special effect type things due to work.

Ill have to look into it more now.

mrfirework359
08-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Had A great time at the show!!! Learned a lot of cool stuff with some pretty cool people! Thanks again for the invite Displayfireworks1!!!

algrant1
08-28-2014, 11:57 PM
If you can find a place that sells 50# bags you might be able to get the expired bags they cant sell for free.