PDA

View Full Version : Preview Video Clip

displayfireworks1
08-16-2014, 12:52 PM
This is an unlisted video preview of a future video. This is a display I did for Kellners Fireworks and was able to bring on a person I helped get his ATF license.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD6aTU2AZrQ

displayfireworks1
08-16-2014, 06:34 PM
Here is the video of the entire display. Posting mainly for Rick as this is his first professional display. There was music in the video it triggered copyright hits. When this happens they add commercials in the video and it may not play on cell phone internet. There is not much I can do short of removing the music.
Unlisted video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAxTGI_zsTE
This next video is public. If you watch some of my videos, we can not take for granted that everyone knows how to fuse 1.3 finales. Some newly ATF licensed individuals may not have the opportunity to work on professional displays. From time to time I add videos in about fusing etc. On this video if the finale is larger I would consider fast fusing more rows in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2jXy4KZURE

PyroManiacs
08-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Nicely done!

algrant1
08-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Hi Dave nice show but I have a safety concern with your finale racks.
You have no spacing between the racks and you use one strap to hold then all together. God forbid if you have a blowout in one of the tubes. It could destroy other mortars and/or racks and could cut that strap. Then the shells could be flying in all directions.

This is just a thought.

PyroManiacs
08-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Andy, if you look close you can see they are using the rebar and eyelet screws every couple racks. Although I do believe every rack should be that way, especially for the finale setup..

algrant1
08-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Ok i did not see the rebar just the straps. But there is still no spacing between racks

Adam PA Artist
08-18-2014, 12:15 PM
No salutes in the finale ? Nice ending tho i like the intensity towards the end.

displayfireworks1
08-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Spacing between racks? My experience has been that finale racks are placed one next to the other.

xRay
08-18-2014, 08:23 PM
That's one thing I do not like about YouTube, if you add music, they put ads in

PGH_Pyro
08-19-2014, 01:05 PM
never been spaces between any racks in finale section on any show i've worked on .

SCPyrotechnician
08-19-2014, 05:31 PM
We always have spacing between our racks, whether it be finale or the main body of the show. It's the most logical thing to do, in my opinion.

SCPyrotechnician
08-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Here's a great picture that illustrates how we space our racks

http://www.tristatehomepage.com/media/lib/190/4/6/9/46936b3e-699a-45bb-848f-834d53df5aeb/Story.jpg

displayfireworks1
08-19-2014, 06:55 PM
If you look at the racks near the top of the picture , it looks like the finale packed tight and covered with foil.
On electronic or computerized displays, I have seen the finale racks positioned apart for ease of placement to the corresponding connection on the side rail. Every hand fired display I saw set up the finale racks are one next to the other tight. If something blows apart it may be better if the racks are tight. Can we hear from some other people with an opinion on this.
Here is another one to think about, back in the day I when I was on a FireOne crew doing this large pyro-musicals , the lead shooter would have us foil the finale. After a few years I told him I thought it was totally unnecessary to foil the finale on a computerized display. My rationale was each string of the finale is independently connected to the rail. If part of the finale accidently ignites you are only going to loose one row of 10 shells or row of 6 fours or whatever. On a computerized display the finale is not quick matched together. He still directed us to foil the finale. Then on one display the plant forgot to load the foil. He said Dave you are going to get your wish, we are shooting the display with no foil on the finale. It was on a barge so everything was tight. The display went off without a problem. On electronic displays we seem to use foil more for weather protection as opposed to stray sparks. Pyro sometimes is stuck in the thought of "This is the way we always done it".

Marine pyro
08-19-2014, 07:35 PM
I think the finale went as planned and it looked awesome I mean after all was said and done it was ended with a willow effect.

PyroManiacs
08-19-2014, 07:41 PM
I have only seen spacing in finale racks when the finale is in fan effect. \\ || //

Cool pic by the way, SCPyro!