PDA

View Full Version : Display money

wizard7611
08-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Hi! I've been watching some shows where the money is handled by donations and is also used to make some profit (not a lot, just some). Has anyone ever done a show that is all held with donations? If so, how did you get people to donate money?
-Thanks!:cool:;)

PyroManiacs
08-04-2014, 02:33 AM
Set up some kind of community event with something like food vendors and music, like on your neighborhoods birthday or something to that effect. Tell the committee your intentions and have the community donate to hold the event which would include a fireworks display as well.

I live in a Federally owned private neighborhood of exactly 1000 homes where we actually have an events coordinator for things like this.

Last time we had fireworks was for our neighborhoods 50th Anniversary. Its been a long time since that, so now Im going to try to get a yearly donated fireworks event for all the families in the community.( I also have a friend that works for Live Nation to help with bands)

There are soo many kids and a lot of them dont get the chance to travel down to the city for the big displays, which I also work on. So, why not me... bring it to them?

You should also have a rewards system for different amounts donated.
Asking your local shops and stores to see if they could help with any donations is a good option too.

Just make sure you keep in mind that you have to hit a certain quota for the event to be able to take place, the event has to be paid for somehow.

In regards to collecting you cannot make any money if it is fully dontated, otherwise you are considered in commerce and have to follow all rules and regs pertaining to an in-commerce display, along with hazmat transportation.

PyroJoeNEPA
08-04-2014, 07:35 AM
I'm helping with a show in Sep that is completely donated--all product & labor. All money made via donations for the show is going directly to the Wounded Warrior Project. It is being coordinated by one of the local veterans organizations.