PDA

View Full Version : Summer Camp Fireworks & Setup Pics - July 24th, 2014

PyroManiacs
07-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Nice choreographed display we put on a for a kids summer camp.
Did this display with another PyroTalk member...Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np4R5veVEH8

PyroJoeNEPA
07-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Nice job. Kudos to you & Andy! How did you like using the Fire One system? It is nice to be able to sit back & watch it all go up, isn't it?

Adam PA Artist
07-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Nice '' show

PyroManiacs
07-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Joe.... I thoroughly enjoyed it, it also helped having a talented designer.

Fire-One was pretty sweet and quite easy to manage. That rack system was super-user-friendly as well.

It was good to finally be able to film a show this year, the other 3 that I worked on were all handfired, so I wasnt able to.

We have a couple more like this we will be doing soon, but are going to be larger than this one. I cant wait for those and of course I will have pics, walkthrough and show.

algrant1
07-27-2014, 11:40 PM
Thanks Joe!
I really like the FireOne system. If i had the money i would buy one. We shot 28 cakes and 440 2.5", 3" and 4" shells. There were about 1000 kids and staff which loved the show.

UniversalPyro
07-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Great show, i like the racks, i would like to get those. I see you have your shells pre-matched, is that standard on your shows for quicker setup?

mguerra
07-30-2014, 09:34 AM
Did you make or purchase those racks?

algrant1
07-30-2014, 03:46 PM
The motar racks are built by the company i work for. The aluminum was purchased somewhere else

PyroJoeNEPA
07-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Those are the selectable angle racks with the "H" brackets that were designed & sold commercially. There are several pro companies using them including the company I work with [Bixler Pyrotechnics Ashland PA].
Very nice to setup & tear down & extremely flexible in selecting angles.

UniversalPyro
07-30-2014, 08:07 PM
where to purchase the racks purchased from?

algrant1
07-31-2014, 02:34 AM
I do not know who sells them. Maybe Joe knows.

PyroJoeNEPA
08-01-2014, 10:09 PM
The "H" bracket system is not being sold anymore unfortunately. It was made [?]/sold by a pyro company [ATF] in KY & the owner recently died. The sons took over the business, dropping all the 1.3 display & sales end & only maintaining the 1.4g product sales area of the business.

Unfortunately, these rarely are found for sale & when they are, get bought up immediately by companies already using them.
I don't believe there is a design patent on them--some enterprising person with access to aluminum fabrication could fill a market need if they were to begin manufacture here in the USA.
I have heard that the original units were made in China for that company & shipped here but I honestly don't know. I've seen some of the units with the catch pin holes numbered by engraving in the aluminum and some that don't have the engraving. A mystery. I hope this helps.

PyroManiacs
08-01-2014, 11:06 PM
The sons took over the business, dropping all the 1.3 display & sales end & only maintaining the 1.4g product sales area of the business.

1.4G Product sales is where its at in the U.S.

On this industry, I have been researching and studying whenever I have time.... exactly what I want to be doing in the near future.

Of course still working on displays as well.

cfdtk1
08-03-2014, 08:13 AM
great set up and video. the company I work for also uses the fireone and it is awesome

displayfireworks1
08-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Nice display, next time you do this try to get more daytime setup. I enjoy looking at the daytime stuff. The company that made those racks is now part of Nite Lites. Here is one of my videos on it.
The video is now unlisted but you can watch it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAmtYgEszTQ

PyroManiacs
08-03-2014, 07:59 PM
We have another one coming up middle of September, it will be much larger and a musical.

I will get more daytime setup footage.