View Full Version : Roman Candles: All at once?

kessie
07-26-2014, 12:39 AM
Is there a way to light... say... 40 Roman Candles off at the same time?

Last time I took a bucket, put some sand/dirt at the bottom, then placed a crate upside-down on top and slid the candles through the holes fastened by the sand/dirt and then Visco Fused all 3 dozen of them but it took forever and 8 didn't go. There's gotta be a better way.

I'm trying to construct a quiet introduction to my show, pearls, comets, mines, etc. Let me know if you think of anything else I can use for such. And don't say Flying Fish. :mad:

N3OQO
07-26-2014, 06:43 AM
This was my first year using roman candles.....I don't know why, I've always ignored them and went for big bangs and breaks. But this year I got some called thunder balls and taped them together and fused them like this 10 at a time. Every one went off and the effect was awesome.

PGH_Pyro
07-26-2014, 12:30 PM
kessie - just take your torch or flare and torch the bundle of fuses real good . they'll all catch .
you can wedge them in a bucket of sand or down into mortar tubes or bury in ground, of course.
i love this effect . i dont really buy candles anymore but it's a good way to do up some .

valpoboom
07-27-2014, 06:25 PM
Normally I just quick fuse them together with a little magic tape. If doing in a bucket just tape a bundle together, i use at least 50 and then place sand around it. Being so close together the quick fuse makes lots of fire. Takes me about 10 mins.

Another easy way is sprinkling some black powder on top and covering with kraft paper or just magic tape. Dave had a video of this a few years back.

A good quite opener can be gerbs or strobes.

CafreakinBOOM
08-15-2014, 10:19 PM
sticky-match I think would work.

kessie
08-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Normally I just quick fuse them together with a little magic tape.
Does Quick Fuse actually work? I've always been reluctant to buy it because it looks too quick to catch any other fuse. Will it actually ignite other fuses if taped or zip-tied together? Like what's its success/failure rate?