PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Fireworks in Muse Pa

displayfireworks1
07-21-2014, 11:06 PM
Ok, here we go again with my friend Joe and his annual fireworks display for his home town of Muse. Joe chose to do the display using all 1.4 fireworks this year. He used the Cobra Fireworks Firing System to fire it. I wish he would have added some Thunder Kings in the finale. They ended the display with canister artillery shells. I did not help with the display this year, I showed up to video. I thought the DJ played some great music and parts of the display seemed to follow the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa3cEVF55Ho
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/pa/PA_14507.gif

Overtrained
07-22-2014, 01:12 AM
Real nice job, it was still great without all those shells at the end.

Adam PA Artist
07-22-2014, 03:16 AM
I must say i was really impressed with some of those consumer cakes nice job to Joe....

displayfireworks1
07-22-2014, 08:36 AM
Here is another picture from the new post picture section of pyrotalk.com. This one shows the Muse fireworks site. You go to Google Earth and move it to street view and save the image. Then load the image in the Post Photo section of pyrotalk. Right click the image go to properties and , copy the address and paste in the little square "Insert Image" icon next to the green film strip.
http://pyrotalk.com/wp-photos/wp-content/gallery/united-states-pennsylvania/muse-f9f2456fde6ae55f5712d18200b50ce70f0e86c4.jpg

PGH_Pyro
07-22-2014, 06:50 PM
there was a mis-communication between that D.J. and the pyro-crew. Thus that delay after his abrupt count-down .
(hint hint pyros : make sure you're on same page as the DJ / sound-man and vicey-versey !!! ...)

Bluebones
07-23-2014, 03:43 PM
The chaos shells this year were all rewraps of other shells. Actually some of the shells didn't even get wrapped. I opened numerous cases this year at Nite Lites to find HD shells, Exterminators, Excalls, and even a few I didn't even know the name of. You actually get a good variety of different brands when u buy chaos shells. Oh and the ones that are rewrapped don't match the description on the label, so be warned.

displayfireworks1
07-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Bluebones thanks for that update. I wonder if Wild Dragon here in the states knows about this? It usually is not a good sign to see that sort of thing, it mean poor quality control.

UniversalPyro
07-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Nice show, but i would do something differently to make sure you get the whole thing up in the air, too much failure in my opinion for the money invested.

rppyro
07-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Did anyone every figure out what went wrong? I would like to know so as not to do same thing.

displayfireworks1
07-28-2014, 08:08 PM
My friend Joe on this Muse show did not invite the usual people to help this year. As you can see there were some errors. The amount of energy he puts into this yearly display selling tickets and trying to get support from the local community and then the permits etc can be draining. Now you add in volunteers to help set it up, you can see how errors happen. This is why you need to check and recheck your entire display multiple times before the shoot. The upside is the audience has no idea some things did not fire. I was not involved with the setup this year. I think this year may be a turning point for him. Now that the display in Muse has come this far other issues are popping up. Secondary things like bathrooms and trash cans, next day clean up, parking , permits insurance. This all cost money. To add further when I saw him the next day he told me someone was drunk and in the middle of the night rode an off road Quad through the cakes and made clean up even harder after everything was busted up. This is where sponsors and food vendors etc. come into play. I helped him get his ATF license, however he wanted to keep the display all 1.4 Consumer Fireworks. His display is becoming more refined, but it needs a little more. I'll keep an eye on him for next year.

PGH_Pyro
07-28-2014, 11:39 PM
Dave - I wouldnt blame the issue on the new help . If someone's the lead, it should be on them to make sure before show-time that everything is wired in properly and good to go . If the new help is tasked with certain things and they do their certain things, it's not their fault .
The other big pink elephant in the room is the use of Cobra . This kind of show should have been hand-fired . Small 1.4 shows do not need to be Cobra / e-fired, in my experience / opinion . E-match fails sometimes as you mentioned in the video . It's easy to see what didn't fire/go when a few shooters are walking around hand-firing .
I will agree with you however in the need for redundant checks . More eyeballs = more product fired as planned .

displayfireworks1
07-31-2014, 09:03 PM
The more I follow I follow people I helped get their ATF license or advance into electrical firing I see different levels of proficiency. I think some of this is to be expected. Most enthusiast are doing less than 4 displays a year. The upside is most of the time the audience has no idea. As far as electrical firing and consumer fireworks, I think we may see more of it as the years go by, if someone like Scott at Cobra Fireworks Firing System for example makes an inexpensive, very simple yet reliable mini Cobra that can be sold at Phantom Fireworks types showrooms it will be bring electrical firing to the once a year fireworks enthusiast.

Marine pyro
08-01-2014, 05:37 AM
Like you said displayfireworks1 the 18 cue modules are exspensive for the once year pyrotechnics. I wish he made a slat that you could attach to your module that would have the capability to fire on channel two and be less exspensive than buying a second module.