PDA

View Full Version : Favorite brands

Fireworksrob
07-16-2014, 09:11 PM
What are your favorite firework brands?
Right now mine are Legend and Cutting Edge.

PyroManiacs
07-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Canister Shells - Pyro Demon

500G Cakes - AFW/Glorious

I have a few Pyro Demon cakes, I just havent tried them yet.

wizard7611
07-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Some Winda cakes are really great too. Please don't just use Wfboom brands.

Fireworksrob
07-16-2014, 10:17 PM
I have heard About Winda and Wfboom brands from Dave . I shop at Buffalo Fireworks in Fountain City, Wisconsin.

fatcat
07-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Brothers and Winda and although have never shot any Dominator have heard nothing but good things about that brand.

jknepp1954
07-17-2014, 07:45 AM
Having a "favorite" brands is subjective to what you have available to you.
Dominator has proven very good to us this year - seriously thinking about importing from them next year.
Cutting Edge and World class - all very solid performers
Brothers - good - just getting expensive anymore - even to import them.
Looking at MEGABANGER for a possible importing this year - i have some samples going to try - dabbled in some products - but thinking about expanding that product line

PyroJoeNEPA
07-17-2014, 09:27 AM
+1 on everything Joyce said. There are so many different brands out there--all have some awesome pieces & clunkers as well. Pick & choose what suits your needs best.

Blackdevil77
07-17-2014, 09:32 AM
I am dying to try the pyrodemon shells. You think they'll be as good next year?

PGH_Pyro
07-17-2014, 10:44 AM
i'm loving the Pyro Demon line ... love Dominator Pro stuff ... White Ass ... Smoking Alien ... MegaBanger ... those come to mind for now anyway.

fatcat
07-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Also pleased with the Wild Dragon brand, but I don't know if they have gone nationwide yet. Seem to be be more in the southern region of the country, but that could be because they are headquartered in Louisiana

kessie
07-17-2014, 10:29 PM
World Class always seems to deliver.

Winda has been hit/miss.

AAH. Seriously I see them pack good breaks into small cakes.

Pyro-Junkie
07-17-2014, 11:36 PM
Cutting Edge, WC, Big, Mega Banger, Pyro Demon, and Pro-Dominator seem to be my go to brands these days
AFW/Glorious still have a few of my old favs
Big Johnson, White Ass, Smoking Alien, and a few other no name brands def tend to get my heart pumpin
oooh yea...and I think tannerite pretty much speaks for its self!!! Lol

valpoboom
07-18-2014, 07:36 PM
AFW, Glorious, Dominator, World- Class.

displayfireworks1
07-18-2014, 09:38 PM
With display fireworks we unfortunately are limited geographically on what we can purchase, if I had to pick a favorite in the display line it would be Sunny Brand. The Sunny Brand six inch is very pleasing to my eyes and ears. When I was more involved with helping on the larger Zambelli displays , I recall a display at the old Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The entire body of the display was six inch Sunny shells on a FireOne system. Absolute dramatic performance and depth of color. The crack on a Sunny shell breaking is also very pleasing. I can see why the Sunny product is a main choice for most display fireworks companies.
In the consumer fireworks line I am all over the place there are so many choices. I do like the true canister artillery shell in most brands. What I find surprising is the Dominator Brand is becoming more available, some of my advertisers carry it. a few of their products like the strobe cakes and fish cakes stand out, but other than that I am not sure about the other products. Last I looked at their pro line the modular slice cakes do not have male female connector to connect the pieces together. I suspect we are seeing more of the Dominator line around because they are offering sweeter deals to distributors to carry their products.
Some of the brands mentioned above are overloaded products, I actually hate to say that word, because they are actually properly loaded so to speak. Consumer products that follow the composition guidelines, want to stop these overloads. They know they can not compete with them, it creates an uneven playing field. However for small fireworks importer to compete he has to juice up his product. Without mentioning names I know of at least two major brands that have certain years that their product were flash broken (2008) comes to mind. This year a fireworks injury occurred with an "Overloaded" rocket, the people I spoke with do not expect this one to just go away. This is why I am hoping for more products that are flash broken in the Articles of Pyrotechnic category, similar to what
Tannerite came out with, this way some of us that have "Professional" qualifications can purchase these products and get the sound we want without the burden of 1.3 storage.

wizard7611
07-18-2014, 11:46 PM
The only bad thing I would have to say about Sunny brand shells would be for the 3 inch shells. Like Dave had in his videos, I experienced the delay from the lift charge to the shell itself (The time delay fuse or the spolette, I prefer the spolette just because it's safer and can be done just like a black powder rocket motor).