PDA

View Full Version : open shoot ideas for the philly area?

hatsgoods
07-12-2014, 07:35 PM
anybody have ideas on a open shoot or like a town shoot that's 1,4? i know permits are 300$ for Philly but im not sure what other owns border Philly that will allow a 1.4 show with a permit in that township. i would like to get together with some local pyro friends and do a show or a open shoot of some sort and im not sure where to start. any help would be greatly appreciated. i thinking like something like each person brings something and we put on a show or something just for fun. im in jersey so i cant do crap but im only 20 mins away from the Philly area so that's why im thinking something in PA. let me know. thanks in advance.

pitshack
07-12-2014, 08:53 PM
I live in Jersey too. You're quite a way from me but i would drive down that way in a heart beat if something were to get set up!

PGH_Pyro
07-12-2014, 09:32 PM
i'm gonna suggest you guys try to join up with the PA. Pyro Artists Eastern PA. chapter as those guys are in the same predicament but they end up finding good shoot sites for open shoots ... There are a lot of East side PA. pyros over there. Good to tap into that network . There are members from all over the North East , not just PA. The N.Y. & N.J. guys relish it as they can't easily shoot in their nazi pyro-unfriendly states.

Blam Blam
07-13-2014, 01:12 AM
The CrackerJacks also hold shoots and other events in PA.

PyroManiacs
07-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Im brewing something up around my area. I have found a large plot of land going to waste capable of shooting 6" shells. Regardless, the permit will be $300. And a permit to shoot is a permit to shoot regardless of 1.3 or 1.4,
I just need to find out who owns it and we can go from there.

I myself dont really have time to join any clubs, so I need to figure something else out.

I have recently been busy but I will be looking more into it very soon.

Adam PA Artist
07-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Let me know how it goes ill participate if u need...

Dion
07-13-2014, 10:25 PM
I myself am out here in CT and would like to come out and join in. Im ordering some new 1.75 racks in a week and would like to come out and break them in. Here in CT its a safe and sane state and cant legally blow off shells without a permit. Id rather get together with some other Pyro's and have a good time. Lets put something together!

hatsgoods
07-13-2014, 11:10 PM
maybe we could do something for labor day or new years eve or something like that?

PyroManiacs
07-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Yea, we can try to work something out like that.

jknepp1954
07-14-2014, 11:39 AM
i'm gonna suggest you guys try to join up with the PA. Pyro Artists Eastern PA. chapter as those guys are in the same predicament but they end up finding good shoot sites for open shoots ... There are a lot of East side PA. pyros over there. Good to tap into that network . There are members from all over the North East , not just PA. The N.Y. & N.J. guys relish it as they can't easily shoot in their nazi pyro-unfriendly states.
well - there really isn't such a thing as an eastern chapter...
But as a proud member of that organization - we do have shoots in various parts of PA and in one in NY state in Oct.
If you would like a tentative shoot schedule for the next few months - you may PM me as they do not like to openly publish events. They have their reasons for this.
Also the Cracker Jacks have a couple shoot opportunity = one this weekend in Culpepper, VA and one in August in Bloomsburg, Pa area.
So far nothing in the immediate Philly area - although that would be cool if someone could come up with one

PyroJoeNEPA
07-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Ditto to Joyce on the
there really isn't such a thing as an eastern chapter but it does seem like the club [PA Pyro Artists] is basically made up of "the east side & the west side of PA people--along with all the other nearby states" !!! ---with much effort being made to fill out the shoot site calendar for everyone.
PyroManiac--you said you don't have time to join a club--but there are a lot of benefits to be had by getting in the loop with the Crackerjacks or Pa Pyro Artists. As far as being busy--everybody in the clubs is on a burn out schedule before, during, & after the 4th of July--but there are some awesome times of shooting pyro & hanging out around a campfire in the off months with pyro buddies. A club can take as much or as little of your time as you want to put into it & it is nice to have sanctioned shoots with permits, insurance, vendors with awesome deals, etc.! Just my 2 cents.

Dion
07-14-2014, 07:10 PM
I myself am going to join a club or two. Not looking to go pro with 1.3 anytime soon but love shooting 1.4 and would like to take a shooter course to have the certification. I live in CT. and its "Safe&Sane" here so I need a outlet to go do what I REALY like to do. I look forward to getting together with other good people and share the love for the Hobby. Im going E-fire with a few racks real soon and cant wait to go to a shoot and test everything out.

Adam PA Artist
07-14-2014, 11:55 PM
Im glad i feel honored and privileged to be part of the PA pyro Artist awesome club great bunch a dudes.. Joining a club was one of the best choices ive ever made involving fireworks and my love for the art. Plus its so liberating to be able to just go to and open shoot and put on a nice display with your friends not worrying about the neighbors nor the police. No interruptions just you and your show. You learn alot too talking to the older more experienced pyros. Im surprised more people don't know about clubs.

hatsgoods
07-15-2014, 12:28 AM
i would love to join but i don't have the money to join and plus i don't drive so that makes it harder on me

Pyro-Junkie
07-18-2014, 12:12 AM
A trip to philly sounds like fun to me!!
I would be happy to contribute to the permit and any other costs.
I can also pick up plenty of product for the shoot!

PyroManiacs
07-18-2014, 07:35 AM
Good deal, Tony.

Now Im just waiting for an email in order to take the next step.

jknepp1954
07-18-2014, 07:48 AM
i would love to join but i don't have the money to join and plus i don't drive so that makes it harder on me
Pa Pyro Artist - $100 to join (75 dues, 25 intro fee) - and NO other fees attached other times of the year as some clubs do (not knocking them - just stating fact as I belong to a couple like that).
Just consider it a part of pyro addiction. And many companies vend to these events at very favorable pricing. so in the end - the savings alone more than pays for your membership.

Pyro-Junkie
07-18-2014, 09:37 AM
You make a very good point about pa pyro artists.
Howard Fry gave me his card a few months ago
after our convo i was pretty much sold on the idea of joining.
I think its about time i make the move!

cfdtk1
07-18-2014, 01:06 PM
The NLPC is doing a shoot in PA in September and the NHPA is doing their fall shoot at the warren damm in NH and there is supposed to be a shoot in West Hampton mass at the end of October. There is a shoot fee but they are real fun. 1.3 and 1.4

Dion
07-18-2014, 11:33 PM
Crackerjack's shoot in august!! Cant wait! Just joined!

jknepp1954
07-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Kewl - hope to see you then!

PyroJoeNEPA
07-19-2014, 06:24 PM

I'll be there. Be sure to look me up & say "HI".