PDA

View Full Version : Pyrotalk Registration Shut Down

displayfireworks1
07-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Hello
I have to temporarily shut down registration on the pyrotalk forums. Several Spammers have managed to register and are starting to post spam. With an increase in traffic to the site I am trying to make it as easy as possible for fireworks enthusiast to join yet prevent spammers. My shutting down registration should not effect posting comments etc. I will need some time to clean it up.
If you are reading this and trying to register for pyrotalk.com discussion forums sorry for the inconvenience.

displayfireworks1
07-11-2014, 11:00 PM
I getting a large spam influx from this ip address.

Netherlands

Latitude:
52.5 (52° 30′ 0.00″ N)

Longitude:
5.75 (5° 45′ 0.00″ E)

pyro-gear
07-12-2014, 02:11 AM
Have a look at this Dave https://cleantalk.org/blacklists/5.255.75.111

displayfireworks1
07-12-2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the information, it looks like this guy has been busy. Same as a good parasite has to live on a host , these spammers like to enter and hide on the forums. They have usually been posting in the Blog section. This is why I have the time between post set to a certain waiting period. I had it unregulated at first and a spammer copied and pasted a massive amount in a short time. The time requirement between post can at least slow them down. If you ever try to post two or more comments one right after the other you may have noticed this. I will work on some of these issues and open registration soon.

pyro-gear
07-12-2014, 10:18 AM
No problem Dave, I have my own site and I know all about spammers! I changed my registration to Admin approval only on my site a quick check on the IP if needed and that’s hardly ever as most of them use a program to create a username things like ZUgalasoft / abdalsurose things like that LOL it’s hard to stop them registering but at least with my method the clean-up is negligible just hit the delete member button Regards Ken.