PDA

View Full Version : Dead fireworks brands.

lightfusegetaway
07-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Hi guys -

I am curious about some of the old fireworks brands from the 80's and 90's that are no longer around. I remember getting fireworks assortments from the big box and grocery stores and I would frequently see the same brands (Link Triad, Red Lantern, Horse, Tiger Head, etc.)

I think it might be interesting to compile a list of dead brands along with explanations of what happened to them.

Longhorn fireworks out of TX, known for their cone fountains, closed and cited trouble competing with Chinese companies on price of materials and shipping. They closed shop around the early 2000's. (Source - user "smoke bomb" on the Pyro Universe forum.)

I know Red Lantern seems to have closed shop but I haven't found a concrete explanation.

I have heard there were many government-run brands during that era that have since disappeared because of trade regulations or taxes. Haven't been able to confirm this, though.

What happened to Monster brand? Some of their artwork was pretty sweet.

If you've run across any information on dead brands, maybe we can compile it here.

PGH_Pyro
07-12-2014, 02:25 PM
factories just change brand names frequently for various reasons . sometimes because they're overloaded, sometimes because they didnt sell well, sometimes because of change of management or ownership and etc.