PDA

View Full Version : pitman NJ 4th of july 2014 setup and ground zero footage

hatsgoods
07-05-2014, 07:00 PM
this will be part 1 of 3. part 2 will be just video from my go pro on my helmet and the last part ( part 3 will be the sky view from where the fire department) was. so this part ( one ) is just under 31 one mins. long so grab a drink and enjoy. FYI i did all the 5's and 6's. it was my first time ever doing 5's and 6's. the crew chief asked if I had before and i told him the truth witch was no. so he said "want to learn how to?". my my exact words where " well hell yea, ill never learn if i don't try" so he put me on the 5's and 6's. i loved it, the concision of the 6's leaving the mortars was addicting to me. :) . ill post the last 2 parts in a bit when im done transferring them converting and lastly editing them. all parts show 95% original footage. the cut out parts are where i just didn't like how they turned out. it wasn't a bad show 125$ pay. im waiting for the check in the mail now. :) i couldn't do too much set up footage cause we ran into some paperwork and permits problems witch i wont talk about. all ill say is the show almost didn't leave the ground but at the last hour of daylight everything got straighten out. just so you know, im the person in the green shirt that says professional fireworks crew and i also have on a yellow hard hat helmet with a go pro on top. and last i just want to say i was the only female in that entire park the whole time until the fire department came. but i was the only female tech on site that setup and shot the show. let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeatNTvRaSw :)

hatsgoods
07-05-2014, 07:03 PM
the show basically was 3's and 4's for the body with 5 inch filler with 6 inch special effects.

hatsgoods
07-05-2014, 07:06 PM
the entire show lasted about 27 mins when when made that last that long cause we only had 20 mins average of shells. the show was all shell no cakes.

pistolus
07-05-2014, 10:39 PM
It looked to be a well coordinated display, you hold your own in the field, good job.

hatsgoods
07-05-2014, 10:51 PM
yes indeed. all 3 of us went over the shoot plan more than 3 times to make sure we where on the same page and timed it correctly.

displayfireworks1
07-06-2014, 09:50 AM
I see you are working a professional display, it appears you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. The more I watch these finales burn the more they start looking like they have the same periodic slow symptoms in spots. Do you remember did the end of the finale strings have visco fuse. Did you cut the visco off when connecting the chains to together? Or where the ends of the finale strings fused with black match?

hatsgoods
07-06-2014, 12:58 PM
they where black match on the main end and on the other end was those quick connects the snap into each other and at the beginning of the finale was timed chains

Dion
07-06-2014, 02:45 PM
I've only fired 1.4(1.75") shells on a home made Rack setup at my back yard shows over the years and that was always so much fun, I could only imagine how awesome it feels to hand fire pro shows like that. You looked very calm and did a good job. I wish I could make a career out of fireworks somehow.

hatsgoods
07-06-2014, 03:58 PM
@ Dion you have stay stay calm at the most part wile firing due to that you have to be aware of your surroundings at all times. but trust me i wanted to jump and holler cause it was my first time doing the biggest one you can by hand professionally with out e firing them.

hatsgoods
07-06-2014, 04:03 PM
@ Dion : when i apply for my license to buy the professional fireworks this begging of October of this year, and if i do get it you are more than welcomed to come to to where im at and ill tech you 1.3g class b fireworks 101 and maybe we can do a new years eve show or something. what u think? im about 3hrs away from Connecticut.

hatsgoods
07-06-2014, 07:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq557UK8Ajc

PyroManiacs
07-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Great job! We hand fired every show this weekend and I took care of the 5s and 6s throughout. Was a great time.

A 6" shell on the other hand is not the biggest you can light by hand. You can light an 8" by hand, but you have to have enough visco on it to be able to reach a minimum distance of 75 feet away before it fires. :)

hatsgoods
07-08-2014, 05:02 PM
well heres the sky view from where my mom was with the fire department and used my i pad this is the last 12 mins of the 27 of the 20 planed mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=096xi4AjfCI