PDA

View Full Version : New section on pyrotalk.com

displayfireworks1
07-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Hello everyone happy soon to be July 4th. I am introducing a new section of pyrotalk.com. This section is for posting pictures of fireworks and fireworks related activity. For example, take pictures of your setup July 4th and upload it. Take pictures of your stash as they call it or better yet take a picture of you and your fireworks.
I am starting by introducing this section just to the forums members but will eventually intro to my YouTube subscribers so they can be a part of it. You need to register to post, please use your correct email because you will need to verify your account.
Please pick the proper state you are from when you post your pictures, If you are from outside of United States please find the country you are from for your pictures. I am going to be very flexible with advertising rules on the pictures; you are free to post whatever you like. However if it starts to look like more like marketing than fun I may intervene. Did you make racks, a firing system, pictures of you on the firing line etc. this will all be great to share.
Bring you camera along July 4th and snap some pictures and upload them. Have some pictures on your computer now, register and post a few to try it. You do not need to be a forums member to post pictures. You do need to register to post.
Go to the main page of pyrotalk.com and look for the blue “Post Photo” button to enter the new area. To start thing off I posted two pictures in Pennsylvania. Please title your pictures. Check it out and register today.
http://pyrotalk.com/index.php

PyroManiacs
07-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Do we use our current PyroTalk username and password? Im using mine, but its saying its wrong.

displayfireworks1
07-03-2014, 08:35 PM
You have to register and make a new account, its separate from the forums. Use your correct email because you have to verify your account. This section is open to forum members and non members. Currently I announced it here first. The plan will be to announce it on YouTube after the holidays. I am running a test run of the software. If anyone loads some pictures please tell how it went. Please pick a state to post. I guess the dilemma will be you live in one state but shoot fireworks in another. It seems proper to post the state the fireworks were shot in.

PyroManiacs
07-03-2014, 08:59 PM
I have uploaded 2 pictures as well. It was easy.

displayfireworks1
07-03-2014, 09:13 PM
I see them in the Pennsylvania section, thanks for trying it out. Anyone out there want to try it out, perhaps with a high resolution picture.

joejoer
07-04-2014, 10:37 AM
I will be joining and will upload high res. pics of my layout.

CafreakinBOOM
07-07-2014, 01:31 PM
"I LOVE THAT IDEA" I guess "NO" BLR's (BOOTY LAUNCHED ROCKETS) pictures? :p

Dr.FillyBlunt
07-07-2014, 02:39 PM
I'll put up some of my high res pictures whenever I get the chance.

But then again there seems to be a res limit last I checked?...

PGH_Pyro
07-07-2014, 02:59 PM
"i'm not from Philly but some say i'm blunt"

Dr.FillyBlunt
07-07-2014, 04:10 PM
I'd be inclined to agree, if I may be so blunt.

PyroManiacs
07-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Im from Philly, and I AM blunt! lolololol

Dr.FillyBlunt
07-07-2014, 06:13 PM
There's enough blunt to go around for everyone, guys.

I uploaded two high res pictures for ya in the KY section (despite the res limit, I assume it will be downscaled anyway) and it said there was an error creating a thumbnail and it would take 1-2 days to review before its actually posted.

I would've edited my earlier post regarding this instead of adding a new, but there didn't seem to be the option.

displayfireworks1
07-07-2014, 07:59 PM
My webmaster told me pictures should post as soon as they are uploaded. If this is not occurring please tell me. Did you receive a message the pictures need approved? If someone out there can please load a few pictures in a state other than Pennsylvania and tell me how it goes I would appreciate it.
http://pyrotalk.com/wp-photos/

Bighorn
07-07-2014, 08:21 PM
It wont let me login don't know what I am doing wrong. Put in username and password and email the other day when I registered. Didn't get any emails don't know if I was suppose to. Now it says wrong user name or password so it wont let me log in

Dr.FillyBlunt
07-07-2014, 08:45 PM
This is what I get: "Error while creating thumbnail.
Your image has been successfully uploaded. Please allow 1-2 days to be approved."

displayfireworks1
07-07-2014, 08:55 PM
When you make a user account to post pictures, part of the registration process is to verify your email address, the software sends an email to the email address you use to register. Once you receive that email you click on it. It is a one time thing to prevent spammers. It may have sent it to your spam folder of your email.

Overtrained
07-07-2014, 09:50 PM
There's enough blunt to go around for everyone, guys.

I uploaded two high res pictures for ya in the KY section (despite the res limit, I assume it will be downscaled anyway) and it said there was an error creating a thumbnail and it would take 1-2 days to review before its actually posted.

I would've edited my earlier post regarding this instead of adding a new, but there didn't seem to be the option.

I just got the same message posting my rocket set up in PA. I can try again in NY if you want Dave.

pyrotalk-webmaster
07-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Overtrained, can you tell me the size of the image or could you please email it to me at Nathan@nettrak.com

We are still working out some bugs. The size resolution of over 2100 x 1500 is a limitation at the moment because anything larger will create problems making the thumbnail and it will not post properly.

Bighorn please let me know if you still can't log in now with your login credentials you originally used to sign up. If you cannot, please email me the username and password you would like to use.

Dr. Fillyblunt, could you please email me your photo as well so I can see if there are more limitations I'm unaware of. Is the image smaller than 2100 x 1500 pixels? Thanks everyone for help with the troubleshooting.

Overtrained
07-08-2014, 10:59 AM
I emailed you the exact pic i tried to post.

N3OQO
07-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Registered, can't get the verify email.

pyrotalk-webmaster
07-09-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm looking into the verification process. Spam filtering could be a cause of the problem. I have run tests with no problems getting emails so I can't duplicate the problem but I know a lot of people haven't go the emails. I have manually verified all registered users so you should be able to login by going to the site and clicking login at the top right. Please let me know if you have issues logging in still.

pyrotalk-webmaster
07-09-2014, 02:02 PM
I see someone had success on the PA page. Good progress. Someone appeared to try and upload to the Michigan gallery but they did not post. Please make sure the photos fall under the 2100 x 1500 limitation. That is still a very large image. If you are having problems with your images feel free to email me at Nathan@nettrak.com and I will analyze what the problem may be. Overtrained, your image was quite large in pixel size. You don't have to diminish the quality of the image, just the pixel size. High resolution quality is ok, but high resolution pixel size will cause problems. Thanks everyone.

MIpyro
07-09-2014, 02:38 PM
I am getting the same error as well. Mine have not posted to the Michigan section yet

MIpyro
07-09-2014, 02:44 PM
just resized them..i'll repost the pics

MIpyro
07-09-2014, 02:50 PM
all the pictures posted in the Michigan section now. Great idea to do this

pyrotalk-webmaster
07-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Thanks MIpyro worked good!

ddadmin
07-09-2014, 09:23 PM
We are still experimenting and debugging the new picture section on pyrotalk.com. Can someone else please register and post a few pictures. If all is going well when you register the software should send you a confirmation email, once you confirm your email you should be able to post pictures. Please pick the appropriate state to post our pictures. We are also adding the ability to comment on the pictures.
If any problems are experienced please post them here.
Here is a link to the new section "Post Photos"
http://pyrotalk.com/wp-photos/