PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions getting consumer products legalized in FL

LordPyro
07-03-2014, 01:27 AM
FL is currently a safe and sane only state. It has been this way for years. Earlier this year a bill was introduced to open up the law to allow all consumer fireworks but it died in committee:mad:. As it stands there remains a loophole that fireworks continue to be sold through. I want to try and "harass" lawmakers to try again but this time allowing consumer products only during major holidays and ban it outside those dates. Any suggestions? I really want this done as elections are approaching and I see it as an opportunity to try again.

A lot of people still use fireworks as we use the loophole but we want to use it legally and are tired of hiding.

matandch
07-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Don't suggest ANY bans whatsoever. The NRA never suggest any types of firearms bans, then why should pyros?

flpyro
12-29-2014, 12:57 PM
What is the status on the effort to revive a bill? Who did you contact? I will attempt to bother the guys as well if I have their office phone number and email address.

PGH_Pyro
12-29-2014, 01:31 PM
it's almost like the weed/marijuana situation in this country ... a huge % of people are doing/using it and will , regardless of it's legality .... you obviously have a few states that are ahead and have legalized it and are collecting taxes (that fund schools, road repairs and etc.) people aren't hiding it . the police know about it and aren't arresting people outside of big flagrant violations, etc etc etc .

Fireworks , I see as same deal ... here in PA, it's a "sane & safe" state but I see aerial fireworks every 4th July / N.Y.E. / Memorial Day / when Pens win playoffs, Steelers ...e tc etc.... would be nice if there was a reasonable set of rules like Michigan / Missouri/ Indiana ... maybe there would be "medicinal fireworks", lol .

like Al Capone - era gangster alcohol prohibition ... there will always be a market and people consuming aforementioned products ... prohibition forces everything underground where is no quality assurance / safety regs / tax profit, etc etc. you can't legislate against the will of the people (not saying that everything needs to be taxed but you get my jist, I hope...)

prohibition does not work, in most cases ...