PDA

View Full Version : Rain protection

Jred201
06-30-2014, 08:53 AM
As an amateur I was hoping to get some ideas for rain protection. What does everyone do? Trash bags? Tarp? I bought some heavy duty plastic sheeting to place under the smaller cakes that don't come in boxes so the moister from the grass does not seep through. Was thinking about buying more to put over the cakes and mortar racks. I've also heard of guys using grocery bags and rubber bands over mortars.

rtx440
06-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Just stick all your cakes in Wal-Mart bags lol tie the handles and there you go. Protects the whole cake. Shoot time un-tie them all.

hatsgoods
06-30-2014, 07:43 PM
i personally use the smaller 2-3 gallon white trash bags that i can get cheap at my local dollar store. i use the white one cuz i don't have to waste tape to mark them. i can just use a black sharpie right on the bag.

SCPyrotechnician
07-01-2014, 06:08 PM
As an amateur I was hoping to get some ideas for rain protection. What does everyone do? Trash bags? Tarp? I bought some heavy duty plastic sheeting to place under the smaller cakes that don't come in boxes so the moister from the grass does not seep through. Was thinking about buying more to put over the cakes and mortar racks. I've also heard of guys using grocery bags and rubber bands over mortars.

Trash bags for your cakes and shrink wrap for your racks.

PyroJW
07-07-2014, 11:50 PM
Trash bags for cakes and the best thing I have found for racks is carpet tape. Home depot carries it, Roberts is the brand name. It has a very sticky backing and will stick right to the guns. It's a bit pricey but I now include it in all of my shows. If there is a remotely small chance of rain I dry everything in and do not chance it one bit.

algrant1
07-08-2014, 10:37 PM
I use different size clear trash bags for the cakes.
Plastic wrap for the guns.