PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy brass awl?

blackcat1
06-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Dave, I was watching your "Advanced Backyard Fireworks" video and was interested to know where you found the brass awl you were using. I made one a few years ago for matching into the lift, but mine is a bit "ghetto" as I made it from a piece a heavy gauge wire that I ground down and used a rubber stopper on the end to keep it from jabbing into my palm. Although a little late for the 4th, I'd like to pick one up that is purpose-built like yours. I googled around a bit, but only seemed to find ones that looked a bit antique. Would you mind sharing the site? It was at about 3:08 in the video, if that helps. I appreciate it!

http://youtu.be/7y9gvC2InKI?t=3m8s

PyroJoeNEPA
06-30-2014, 07:42 AM
Since the company that makes & sells them is not an advertiser here on PyroTalk, I sent you a PM with a link to the page where you can purchase them.

PGH_Pyro
06-30-2014, 11:45 AM
i have one. nice tool to have around .

blackcat1
06-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Since the company that makes & sells them is not an advertiser here on PyroTalk, I sent you a PM with a link to the page where you can purchase them.

Thanks, Joe. I appreciate it! I thought since Dave showed it in his video that he may not care about the advertiser's rule on this one. Maybe that company doesn't know of this forum yet? Anyway, maybe Dave will chime in in case others may find it helpful to know a source for quality pyro tools. Thanks again!

displayfireworks1
06-30-2014, 11:42 PM
Most people in the pyro-community know of me and this website. I am open to anyone or any company selling fireworks related products. My information is under "Contact Us" all inquires are confidential.
When I started the website I decided to give the content free to users of fireworks and charge people in the business to be part of it. Part of the contract I have with advertisers is they have exclusive advertising rights. The website has to live up to the contract, however I am not beyond trying new products or ideas in my videos. This brass awl actually illustrates many things, I am receiving inquiries about it on my YouTube channel, who else beside me has video out there using one of these devices? If you are currently selling a fireworks related product and do not advertise it or video demonstrate it, how is a new fireworks enthusiast to even know it exist? One of the problems I have is I lost a few advertisers because they are receiving pressure from group of people trying to stop me. This brass awl is an example of a good product stuck in a bad environment. All I can do is to restate pyrotalk is open to any advertiser at anytime. Even if you talked bad about me at one time. LOL

PyroJoeNEPA
07-01-2014, 09:38 AM
This brass awl is an example of a good product stuck in a bad environment.
Well said, Dave. It is very unfortunate that the new pyro enthusiast is the one that gets left out of the "information loop" because of the issues preventing them from getting the information that can be so helpful to them.

pyrotalk is open to any advertiser at anytime. Even if you talked bad about me at one time.
You certainly offered an "open door policy" there! Maybe you might want to consider the Secretary of State's job? LOL.

mguerra
07-01-2014, 02:08 PM
I don't know what went on in the past, but there is a bunch on another forum who rip Dave relentlessly. They ripped me up pretty good once too. I gave them a pass on that for certain reasons. But it is over there I found and got the brass awls. They are handy! Dave is being pretty benevolent sending out the contact info.

gunner1
07-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Not to hijack, but Dave has received a lot of criticism in the past and most of it if not all was undeserved. He may have done a few things that were "gray area" but if I remember correctly he pulled those videos. I liken fireworks to guns in the respect that we need to ban TOGETHER not try to tear each other down. It should be us vs. them, not us vs. us!

PGH_Pyro
07-06-2014, 08:27 PM
dave i wonder if referred brass awl seller might want to work a promo deal out with you?