PDA

View Full Version : need advise on mortar

soulranger
06-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone. I'm hoping for some opinions. I have the tripleload mortar fire shell kit from phantom and because it only comes with one tube, I ordered 5 mortars from cannonfuse website. They are the HDPE Mortar Tubes (1.91"ID). The problem is the length of the mortars (inside to top) is 1 and 7/16 inch shorter than the tube that comes with the kit. Does anyone think this will be a problem? If it doesn't go quite as high, not a huge deal. I just don't want it dangerously low. Thanks guys!

Mike

hatsgoods
06-28-2014, 06:22 PM
it should be OK, with that its either gonna be a little lower but not by much. can you test fire one?

soulranger
06-28-2014, 07:23 PM
I didn't really wanna have to test fire one, but I may have to just to be sure.

B2Vpyro
06-29-2014, 12:34 AM
they should be fine.. But i would do a test fire to be safe. And next time talk to a fireworks seller that sells tubes to get right match. so many diffrent kinds .

Westpapyro
06-29-2014, 01:24 AM
I'll bet it was fine?

PyroJoeNEPA
06-29-2014, 11:34 AM
You will be fine. There was a 10 break "peanut" style shell out a while ago that was right up to the top of the mortar. Dave has a video of them somewhere. They went up fine. I shoot triple & quad breaks out of my regular tubes all the time. Don't think you will even notice a difference in break height.

soulranger
07-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I did fire off a test and it was ok. Seemed to be a little lower break, but not dangerously low or anything. I noticed the tube is just a tiny tiny bit wider than the stock mortar too, which may explain why it seemed like it shot to the right more than it should have. But all in all it seemed to be ok.

N3OQO
07-01-2014, 06:22 PM
I've used those shells, they tend to weave a bit on the way up, but you will be fine.