PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on shells

wizard7611
06-27-2014, 04:10 AM
Hi! First off I'd like to tell you that I'm not making a last minute order for my shells. Instead, I'm planning for next year's show (sounds crazy). This year,I'm trying out Crown Pyro shells since they seem to look lots better than Lidu shells. My question is this:
Has anyone tried out the Freedom brand before for 1.3 shells? If so, would you rank them 2nd best (Yung Feng 1st, Crown Pyro 3rd)?
-Thanks!

displayfireworks1
06-27-2014, 11:14 AM
In my opinion that whole Yung Feng thing is overrated. In the 1.3 display shell category you can usually tell the good shells by how the distributor has them priced. Most 1.3 brands have a "Fancy" or premium choice and a basic shell choice. If you can read the itemization on the case. If complex effects are listed it is a better choice particularly for larger shells.
Look at the distributors price list, he most likely knows the good ones and has them priced accordingly.

Bighorn
06-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Just shot some Freedom shells last weekend in a show along with Lidu and Dominator shells in 3 4 and 5". I personally would rank the Freedom last. The 3" shells were really Really low breaking. That's just my opinion. As Dave said Freedoms are the cheapest and they do have good color mine were just alittle short for me.

wizard7611
06-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Ok thanks! ;D