PDA

View Full Version : how does everyone start their shows this year ?

rtx440
06-25-2014, 10:40 AM
How does everyone starr off their shows. Lets just say a small show such as for a party. I usualy play the sound bit from the movie joe dirt, the ffireworks stand scene. Then go right into some salutes ( thrilling moment rockets). But since I gota my a.t.f license. Im gona go into 4-25shot thunderkings then into the main show.. Just curious how everyone does theirs

PGH_Pyro
06-25-2014, 12:56 PM
start small and build a crescendo (and repeat)
fountains/gerbs/flame pots/etc
but i know that lot of people will do a salute or 3 right at first to get people's attention .

Jred201
06-25-2014, 01:01 PM
I play the National Anthem. I have red comets and salutes for the rockets red glare and bombs bursting in air. Then I have some 6 shot Roman candles to put some color up, 10 3" thunder mines one after the other. A hand full of salutes and I am going to quick match however many Thunder Kings I have left over from my two cases, I'm sure I'll shoot a bunch during the day. Loud, the way I like it. Then the main body.

SCPyrotechnician
06-25-2014, 06:20 PM
How does everyone starr off their shows. Lets just say a small show such as for a party. I usualy play the sound bit from the movie joe dirt, the ffireworks stand scene. Then go right into some salutes ( thrilling moment rockets). But since I gota my a.t.f license. Im gona go into 4-25shot thunderkings then into the main show.. Just curious how everyone does theirs

However the salesman has it written down....which is usually a combination of a cake (or cakes) and some 4,5,6" shells.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-25-2014, 09:57 PM
The commercial shoots with the company I work with usually start with a 5" salute in the air a few minutes before "go time" to get everyone's attention---and it certainly does work!
My own personal show each year is a PyroMusical so it varies from year to year. This year the opening cut is the theme song from Mission Impossible so I am using a flame hit lighting a long run of fuse burning across the front for 47 seconds & then hitting a Dominator Pro 13 shot fan slice.