PDA

View Full Version : Hand fired show (A video self portrait)

cracker
06-25-2014, 12:31 AM
Hey everybody, I made a quick little video of me hand firing a very small show at an A league baseball team game in Modesto Ca, from last weekend.

In one of Dave's previous videos from a few years back, he was touring a fireworks store, and they carried flares specifically designed for hand firing shows -- I wish I knew what that store was as the road flare was overkill.

Anyhow, enjoy the video, and have a great X-Mas I mean 4th of July!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juaZtlZeyjI

tinymagget
06-25-2014, 03:07 AM
Hey cracker, It was hard to tell it really was you..lol be safe mike

Pyro Nation
06-25-2014, 05:15 AM
nice work cracker.. i subbed ya!

killer57
06-25-2014, 10:26 AM
nice job :)

displayfireworks1
06-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Cracker great job with the music and video editing. I am not sure if you saw my Phantom Fireworks video tour. I was surprised to see it myself but Phantom sells what looks like a long Roman Candle but it is a device used to light fireworks. I have some and expect to do a video about them soon. They come in two sizes the long one is reported to burn 15 minutes.
Go to 1:05:30 in this video to see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hLq1pghweI

OverKill
06-26-2014, 03:39 AM
Very Nice Thanks for sharing.

cracker
06-26-2014, 03:39 AM
Cracker great job with the music and video editing. I am not sure if you saw my Phantom Fireworks video tour. I was surprised to see it myself but Phantom sells what looks like a long Roman Candle but it is a device used to light fireworks. I have some and expect to do a video about them soon. They come in two sizes the long one is reported to burn 15 minutes.
Go to 1:05:30 in this video to see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hLq1pghweI

Thanks Dave, it was a quick job! I watched part of the Phantom video, and I need to finish it... in fact Ill do that right now. Also, I'll start looking for those specialty flares, and would love to see a video about them.

Cheers!

PyroFury
06-26-2014, 03:47 AM
I actually took a crack at trying to find those flares for you. I had someone tell me once that I could use a "California Candle" to light my show. Unfortunately, they only last about a minute. Hardly useful or efficient when you have to by them in bundles of 15 :P

I can keep looking, but I'd also like to know if you find it first. I'm interested in getting a few of these myself to try them out.

cracker
06-26-2014, 04:00 AM
I actually took a crack at trying to find those flares for you. I had someone tell me once that I could use a "California Candle" to light my show. Unfortunately, they only last about a minute. Hardly useful or efficient when you have to by them in bundles of 15 :P

I can keep looking, but I'd also like to know if you find it first. I'm interested in getting a few of these myself to try them out.

Definitely Pyrofury! If my memory serves me correctly, it was in an older video Dave made, and it was just a quick 5-8 second thing where he pointed those out and then quickly moved on. If I find that video I link it here.

PyroManiacs
06-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Ha, cool vid. Loved that music too! Nice perspsctive!

PyroFury
06-26-2014, 06:19 PM
I actually remember watching that video not too long ago. When I loaded it, I actually jumped right to it on the video. Phantom doesn't yet provide this item on their online catalog. It's a product called the Jumbo Pyro Torch. (JUMBO PYRO TORCH Punk Sticks - Lasts approx. 15 minutes for lighting fireworks, over 21 inches long of yellow, green and red flame. Safe and Sane Registered.)

If you end up getting one, let us know how well they work!

hatsgoods
07-02-2014, 03:38 PM
they also have 5 minute ones that i've gotten in the past at the Upland PA store.

mguerra
07-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Forget the flares. Start efiring.

PyroManiacs
07-03-2014, 01:53 AM
forget the E-fire... handlight! Way more exciting! :)

PGH_Pyro
07-03-2014, 12:34 PM
pyromaniac1981 i'm with you there... i'm all for hand-firing when at all possible ...it's more fun/intense/involving/immediate .
i realize people with Cobras/etc need to justify their investments in that gear but ... e-firing takes lot of the fun out of the equation .
pyro-musicals with intricate complex cues/musical accents are a whole other matter , I realize .
(and yeah don't use those 'fuzees' . that smoke coming out of there is deadly toxic. don't inhale it . I despise fuzees. keep them away from me. My bernz-o-matic ts-4000 instant-on torch is all I need to hand-light.)

PyroManiacs
07-03-2014, 01:55 PM
With the one company Im with, they dont allow a propane ignition source as it is a potential explosive. They use only certain fusee. Dont remember the brand though. But I myself have a propane source.

mguerra
07-03-2014, 09:18 PM
I like to watch the show with my audience, from their perspective, and listen to them, from within them; so that's why I Efire. I hand light some stuff now and again by myself for my own amusement.

PyroManiacs
07-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Totally understandable!

Dion
07-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Phantom fireworks sells what's called a pyro torch. That's most likely what you are looking for. I myself use a surefire torch head on a map tank. Hit the trigger and light anything, let off and no flame to worry about. I use this for my small privet backyard style shows over the years but not sure if its allowed for pro shows because the flare is to also signal to other shooters. Phantom Fireworks PYRO-TORCH. If I was you I would find them from a wholesaler and buy a case of them because Phantom is too expensive!