PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question About A Shell?

supermofunk8
06-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Hey pyro talk so i understand everyone loves the excals,Hd,Pro & Bigs shells but have anyone have any experience with liberty brand Bomblistic canister shells? i saw the video an they sound pretty good but i was looking about effect wise because if there really just all sound then i will use them in my finale, So thanks in Advance

zmaster725
06-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Anymore, it's getting harder and harder to tell them apart. I picked up my order from jakes last weekend and got a new canister shell that isn't even in their catalog or on the website. Its called the ar15 from cutting edge fireworks. Different color than the excals but exact same font on the effect so they are probably an excal.

displayfireworks1
06-22-2014, 10:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdQ1AVh1znM
Here is one you mentioned

Playingwithfire85
06-22-2014, 11:31 PM
Yeah there isn't much difference in 60 gram shells besides small glitter or crackle effects added to the usual. The AR-15 shells have been around in our area and are pretty decent. Many shells are re wraps but I seen some ridiculous stuff today called King Arthur shells which they didn't even spend time to re wrap the shells and instead packaged 12 Excaliburs under the name King Arthur then wanted to charge $56. Ridiculous!!! You're better off going with an original named shell at whatever the cheaper price is you can get.

displayfireworks1
06-23-2014, 08:06 AM
I learned something on this one. Apparenlty those are meant to be packaged that way. Here is a copy and paste from Jakes Fireworks website on King Arthur shells.
King Arthur This is a smaller version of our very own"EXCALIBUR".....King Arthur comes with 12 of the best quality canister shells on the market and bundled with high-density polyethylene (HDPE) tubes. Please note these are the same shells as the Excalibur kit, that we are now offering in a 12 pack variety.The TubesThe HDPE tubes are a single piece mold that assures optimal conditioning of the mortar for launching and unrivaled safety standards. No cardboard or fiberglass tubes can match the reliability of our mortars. Be wary of competitor's claims to the contrary. Other kits may use an HDPE tube, but a tube glued or stapled to a base cannot compete with our single piece molded base.The Shells This shell kit comes with 12 high powered canister break artillery shells and effects may include: Jumbo Red DahliaGreen Glittering with CracklesRed and Silver PeonyJumbo CracklingSilver Crackling PalmJumbo Silver ChrysanthemumSilver Palm with CracklingJumbo Brocade CrownGolden Willow with CracklingJumbo Green ChrysanthemumBrocade Silver to Green WhirlwindJumbo Crackling -
http://www.deans-fireworks.com/product-images/King_Aurthur_4bcbd67d1999d.png

jknepp1954
06-23-2014, 08:34 AM
Bomblastic is the only Kellner shell that i buy

jknepp1954
06-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Cutting Edge has a series of EXCAL rewraps (btw - these are all actual excals - just with the CE label)
AR15 - packed 3/30
Shooter - packed 4/18
Firearm - packed 6/12
Kneppy's fireworks has these all for sale

PyroJoeNEPA
06-23-2014, 09:51 AM
I got a case of the Bomblastic shells from Kneppy's this year. When they first came out at Kellners two years ago I picked them up there & I can say they are very nice canisters. Also the fiberglass tubes packed with them are much heavier than a lot of the other fiberglass tubes packed with shell kits. More solid now than the original tubes. They have a SOLID base-particle board & a fiberglass rosin plug in the bottom. Almost impossible to knock the bases off if you want to re-rack them--they need to be cut off.
Effects on the shells are marked, four different "assortments" of six shells & three of each assortment in each case. They break like any other can--big & sloppy. You won't be disappointed with them.

rtx440
06-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Im goin to pick up some last min cakes this weekend. The guy has those bombolastic shells. Im gona pick up a pack. I ususly dont bother with any cans but excels. But I wana Give these a try. I think he has em for $19 bucks. So not bad I suppose. He says tthere not excals but hold their own

valpoboom
06-24-2014, 12:10 PM
Yeah there isn't much difference in 60 gram shells besides small glitter or crackle effects added to the usual. The AR-15 shells have been around in our area and are pretty decent. Many shells are re wraps but I seen some ridiculous stuff today called King Arthur shells which they didn't even spend time to re wrap the shells and instead packaged 12 Excaliburs under the name King Arthur then wanted to charge $56. Ridiculous!!! You're better off going whith an original named shell at whatever the cheaper price is you can get.

If anyone doesn't know already world class has smaller boxes of excalibur shells called king aurthur and sir lancealot. They are not rewraps but 12 and 6 shells respectively.