PDA

View Full Version : "FIREWORK EXPLODES IN MANS STOMACH" Fauty Firework

CafreakinBOOM
06-21-2014, 08:56 AM
http://www.kptv.com/story/25012436/washington-man-injured-in-fireworks-explosion?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9960743#.U6V5v4ztibs.gmailWAY

By watching this news clip we know who was "faulty"

ALCOHOL and Fireworks = faulty

Next time it would be safer to just put a "bottle rocket between his cheeks" and call it a night.

I AM NOT IN ANYWAY HAPPY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS GUY. I WISH HIM WELL

HAVE A SAFE AND BEAUTIFUL 4TH of JULY

CafreakinBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

PLEASE Enjoy and Comment.

CafreakinBOOM
06-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Yes any firework becomes faulty when you use it in the wrong manner, alcohol impairs our judgement.

IF SOMEONE HAS BEEN DRINKING / TAKE THEIR KEYS and LIGHTER.

Have a SAFE and BEAUTIFUL 4th of JULY

PyroManiacs
06-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Agreed, It was his decision to hold it in the first place.

N3OQO
06-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Holding a lit mortar....how much alcohol does that involve????? YIKES!!!

OverKill
06-21-2014, 07:13 PM
Every 1.4 I've used, mortars included, says " light and get away". Another lesson learned the hard way. I hope he made a full recovery. Happy 4th everyone.

displayfireworks1
06-21-2014, 07:30 PM
Its sad to see some of these fireworks injuries occurring more and more as the July 4th holiday approaches. Here we go with the reloadable artillery shells. If you have been following my videos and posting you know these artillery shells continue to be a recurring problem in consumer accidents. We will eventually find out how this reloadable artillery shells exploded near his stomach.
Here is a copy and paste of the article.

BRUSH PRAIRIE, WA (KPTV) -
A night of St. Patrick's Day fun ended in serious injury for a Washington man when family members said a faulty firework exploded on his stomach.

James Piccolo and his friends were lighting off some fireworks from his home in Brush Prairie on Sunday night.

His sister Aimee Turner tells us that he was shooting off mortar-style fireworks that you put in a tube, but one wasn't working properly.

"One of the fireworks malfunctioned and before he could toss it, it did explode into his stomach," said Turner. "He does remember and he says, 'I thought I was going to die.'"

Piccolo was rushed to the intensive care unit.

He had surgery Monday, and will have another surgery Wednesday.

His sister says the surgeon worked in war zones in the middle east, and compared Piccolo's injuries to those of soldiers hit by IEDs.

PGH_Pyro
06-21-2014, 07:37 PM
sounds like he dumped it back out of the tube and tried to throw it and ran out of time

Jman
06-22-2014, 08:10 PM
I hate that someone got hurt, I really do. But its hard to ignore the stupidity involved with this accident. Its real simple, if you point a loaded gun at yourself and pull the trigger, you're going to GET SHOT!!! If you dump a recently lit artillery shell that failed and try to reload it, you just might get a hole blown in your stomach! If you hold an artillery shell while lit and try to throw it, drop it, whatever....there is a good chance you're going to get a hole blown in your stomach! I mean sure its terrible that this guy got hurt, but in the end its his own stupid fault for being a daredevil! He took an unnecessary chance and paid the price, he gambled and lost!

Its always about this time of year that the media starts digging for every little accident involving fireworks and the injuries they cause. However, they never address the stupidity level of the person who MISUSED them and caused the accident!

Overtrained
06-23-2014, 05:08 PM
I hate that someone got hurt, I really do. But its hard to ignore the stupidity involved with this accident. Its real simple, if you point a loaded gun at yourself and pull the trigger, you're going to GET SHOT!!! If you dump a recently lit artillery shell that failed and try to reload it, you just might get a hole blown in your stomach! If you hold an artillery shell while lit and try to throw it, drop it, whatever....there is a good chance you're going to get a hole blown in your stomach! I mean sure its terrible that this guy got hurt, but in the end its his own stupid fault for being a daredevil! He took an unnecessary chance and paid the price, he gambled and lost!

Its always about this time of year that the media starts digging for every little accident involving fireworks and the injuries they cause. However, they never address the stupidity level of the person who MISUSED them and caused the accident!

Same goes for firearms, they never blame the user its always the "tool's" fault.