PDA

View Full Version : Question for Dave concerning camcorder

rppyro
06-20-2014, 06:04 PM
What kind of camcorder do you use when filming the fireworks? it is always in focus and the brightness of the fireworks is never compromised either. Thanks for any help.

displayfireworks1
06-20-2014, 11:24 PM
I use older Panasonic camcorders. PV GS 150 , 300 etc. I also render my videos using Roxio software. I just purchased a GoPro camcorder, starting to learn about it.

Bighorn
06-21-2014, 02:11 PM
gopro is awesome I wear mine on my head during my shows lets you see everything. Wish I had a few of them to set around in different location. Great resolution and huge wide angle shots

Blackdevil77
06-21-2014, 04:42 PM
If you want a good mic to capture the sound of the fireworks and that won't compress like crazy, look into the Rode NT4. AWESOME camcorder microphone

PGH_Pyro
06-21-2014, 07:41 PM
go-pros are good for capturing your point of view when hand-lighting and torching finales !!!
and yes - good idea to invest in a good microphone like the Rode he mentioned or similar quality .

PGH_Pyro
10-24-2014, 05:32 PM
this is video shot by some Dutch? German? folks of a shell competition in Shanghai, very recently (amazing shells) ... among the best fireworks videos i've ever seen ...
they're using a real high-end H.D. camera and real high-end microphones .
listen to this on good speakers/subwoofer or good headphones if you can ... you will be amazed at how rich the sound is ...(make sure the 'HD' icon is in blue / on .)

http://vimeo.com/109895388

PyroManiacs
10-25-2014, 01:02 AM
If you want a good mic to capture the sound of the fireworks and that won't compress like crazy, look into the Rode NT4. AWESOME camcorder microphone

What this guy said!