PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me Or….

Blackdevil77
06-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Are more 1.3g products finding their way into the black market? I swear, I came across multiple people trying to sell 1.3g stuff, I couldn't believe it. It was quite tempting, I have to be honest, but the price of these things on the black market is just so outrageous, that it helped me do the right thing lol. One guy wanted 900 for a case of 3" salutes!

Pyro Nation
06-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Yeah..i been hearing that a lot lately..and it is disgusting the price people are paying for the items

algrant1
06-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Besides the price that people are paying its crazy these people are taking that risk. Its not worth it.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-16-2014, 11:11 PM
The scary part is that some of these people that buy the black market 1.3g stuff don't have a clue how to safely shoot it off...and you end up reading about them in the police, hospital, and obituary posts!It is bad enough that they put themselves in danger--and then want to include their neighbors in the kill zone!!!

algrant1
06-16-2014, 11:27 PM
I could not agree more!!

Blackdevil77
06-17-2014, 06:29 AM
The scary part is that some of these people that buy the black market 1.3g stuff don't have a clue how to safely shoot it off...and you end up reading about them in the police, hospital, and obituary posts!It is bad enough that they put themselves in danger--and then want to include their neighbors in the kill zone!!!

Exactly! One of my co-workers who knows I love fireworks, showed me a video of him and his friends *HOLDING* 3 inch salutes, lighting them WHILE HOLDING THEM, and throwing them!!!! I tried telling him exactly how dangerous what they were doing is and I got the typical young knuckle head response "yeah, I know, yeah yeah."

CTPYRO
06-17-2014, 09:05 AM
You can get anything you want on the blackmarket not just fireworks though...... it's a business just like the one I'm in which is the secondary ticket market ( Stubhub.com ) although what I do and the company are legal. If you have the money there is someone willing to sell it as sad as that sounds. I can only hope that people take precautions if they are doing this and for the people selling it..... that is a big risk. I joined the NHPA two years ago and on my third yr shooting with a display company. Those were the safer steps for me

Jred201
06-17-2014, 04:47 PM
They will always be here. I remember before 9/11 I used to just walk in to a certain 1.4 firework retailer and ask for his "list". I remember $12 for a 3" color break, $15 for a salute, $18 for 4". I would buy a lot. Now with my license I am paying 1/4 of that price no legal worries lol. I look back and I did not respect the power of that stuff at all. Launching them out of PVC pipe. I am thankful me or anybody else around was never hurt.

Blackdevil77
06-17-2014, 05:11 PM
You can get anything you want on the blackmarket not just fireworks though...... it's a business just like the one I'm in which is the secondary ticket market ( Stubhub.com ) although what I do and the company are legal. If you have the money there is someone willing to sell it as sad as that sounds. I can only hope that people take precautions if they are doing this and for the people selling it..... that is a big risk. I joined the NHPA two years ago and on my third yr shooting with a display company. Those were the safer steps for me

Ain't that the truth, you certainly can get anything on the black market. It just blows my mind the profit these guys are bringing in.

They will always be here. I remember before 9/11 I used to just walk in to a certain 1.4 firework retailer and ask for his "list". I remember $12 for a 3" color break, $15 for a salute, $18 for 4". I would buy a lot. Now with my license I am paying 1/4 of that price no legal worries lol. I look back and I did not respect the power of that stuff at all. Launching them out of PVC pipe. I am thankful me or anybody else around was never hurt.

Yeah I hear that. I can't lie, I would of probably caved myself and bought some stuff if the price wasn't so outrageous. Maybe double the price, sure, but 900 a case is down right ridiculous. And I took the PGI training course and everything, and really tried to get my type 54. I'm familiar with 1.3g stuff and certainly respect it. If it wasn't for New York and their insane rules, I'd have my type 54 right now. I mostly want the license to be able to shoot the 1.3g stuff at these pyro meets, but they STILL require me to own property (no contingency storage plans allowed in NY) amongst other special requirements. Maybe one day I'll be able to buy a house in PA and make that my address so I can get my type 54 :D

NWPA
06-17-2014, 06:23 PM
If you look hard enough there isn't much you can't find for a price. For some people the lure of forbidden fruit is too alluring. Legalize it and half the buyers would disappear. lol

Blam Blam
06-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Never forget that trading illegally trading in commercial fireworks or simply possessing them, without a proper permit or license, is a felony. It's just not worth it, a felony will just about ruin your life. Folks that deal in stolen goods make us all look bad and make it harder for those of us who want to safely enjoy the hobby.

Blackdevil77
06-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Never forget that trading illegally trading in commercial fireworks or simply possessing them, without a proper permit or license, is a felony. It's just not worth it, a felony will just about ruin your life. Folks that deal in stolen goods make us all look bad and make it harder for those of us who want to safely enjoy the hobby.

That's why I want to buy a house in PA someday to be able to get the permit. I love fireworks just because I love them, always have and always will. I'm not fascinated by them because they're illegal.

Blackdevil77
06-17-2014, 06:40 PM
If you look hard enough there isn't much you can't find for a price. For some people the lure of forbidden fruit is too alluring. Legalize it and half the buyers would disappear. lol

Yes, this is true. I remember when guys my age turned the legal drinking age. All of a sudden, they no longer wanted to drink like they used to. They just liked doing it simply because they weren't supposed to. Maybe I'm weird, but that's something I just don't understand.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-17-2014, 06:48 PM
That's why I want to buy a house in PA someday to be able to get the permit. I love fireworks just because I love them, always have and always will. I'm not fascinated by them because they're illegal.

Perfect reason to join a Pyro Club--being in NY you have access to WNYPA, Pa Pyro Artists, & Crackerjacks. All three are great clubs with some really awesome people in them. Club shoots let you safely & legally get all the smoke you can handle up your nose with the proper permits & insurance in place. I highly recommend you look into one [or more] of them.If you need any contact info, PM me & I will hook you up.

rtx440
06-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Yep. I remember back in high school. Someones dad use to sell fireworks outa the trunk of his car In the school parking lot.He always had consumer stuff.( which of course I baught being under 18 at that time) But I always remember seeing larger shells like 3-4-5inch in his trunk too. I was always too afraid to buy those tho. And of couse he didnt have his license or he woulnt be saleing to high school kids outa his trunk lol. But im glad I got my a.t.f license now. And can do everything legally On my own.Lol

Blackdevil77
06-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Perfect reason to join a Pyro Club--being in NY you have access to WNYPA, Pa Pyro Artists, & Crackerjacks. All three are great clubs with some really awesome people in them. Club shoots let you safely & legally get all the smoke you can handle up your nose with the proper permits & insurance in place. I highly recommend you look into one [or more] of them.If you need any contact info, PM me & I will hook you up.

I almost joined a club when I took the PGI course in Black Lick PA back in 2011. I may still do this, but it's my understanding I still won't be able to buy and shoot 1.3g stuff, even at their meets without my type 54 (which is understandable). My biggest and only obstacle, really, is New York State.

Jred201
06-17-2014, 08:05 PM
No contingency storage plans allowed in New York? That is terrible.

displayfireworks1
06-17-2014, 08:15 PM
No contingency plans in New York state. Not to be argumentative, but I do not believe it. I would challenge it and believe I can be successful if someone is willing to do so. There is no provision for this, the license is a federal United States license , it has nothing to do with New York. That sounds like something they tell you on the phone. I went through this sort of thing in the state of Ohio. Granted New York and California are not fireworks friendly states, the procedure is the same irrespective of what state you live in.

Blam Blam
06-17-2014, 09:03 PM

Hope my post wasn't taken as anything other than a general comment on the improper possession of 1.3G fireworks.

I almost joined a club when I took the PGI course in Black Lick PA back in 2011. I may still do this, but it's my understanding I still won't be able to buy and shoot 1.3g stuff, even at their meets without my type 54 (which is understandable). My biggest and only obstacle, really, is New York State.

True you wouldn't be able to purchase, possess or use display fireworks on your own but, you might be able to shoot 1.3G during open shooting. Also clubs do give you a location, permit, insurance, etc. Clubs are also a great source of information.

No contingency storage plans allowed in New York? That is terrible.

Sounds odd but, it is New York. Where'd you hear this from? While the ATF is generally pretty easy to deal with, dealing with state and local laws and regulations can be a real pain. I'd ask to know the chapter and verse so you can read the statute yourself.

Blackdevil77
06-17-2014, 11:56 PM
No contingency plans in New York state. Not to be argumentative, but I do not believe it. I would challenge it and believe I can be successful if someone is willing to do so. There is no provision for this, the license is a federal United States license , it has nothing to do with New York. That sounds like something they tell you on the phone. I went through this sort of thing in the state of Ohio. Granted New York and California are not fireworks friendly states, the procedure is the same irrespective of what state you live in.

That's what other guys with type 54's told me that live in New York, one of which I actually met at the PGI training course in 2011 in Black Lick, PA. Not only that, but apparently New York also requires that you have shot a minimum of 5 shows in which you were the lead shooter, AND that you shoot 3 shows a year in which you are the lead shooter, just to maintain your license. I would really love to speak with somebody in the ATF. Maybe I can get my type 54 but just can't buy, store or use the fireworks in New York. Originally they said you have to live within a certain distance of your magazine, but I wonder if that applies if you aren't shooting close to home.

Hope my post wasn't taken as anything other than a general comment on the improper possession of 1.3G fireworks.

No it wasn't, I apologize. I re-read my post and it did sound a bit defensive, I didn't mean for it to sound that way, I know what you meant, no harm :)

Blackdevil77
06-21-2014, 05:53 PM
How appropriate for this thread. I'm going to a Party on the Fourth of July in which I'm taking a bunch of excals that I bought to put on a little show after the local fireworks show. My friend just told me this one guy that's gonna be there just bought some fireworks also that he wants to bring. Then he showed me a picture. This guy has a case (72) of 3 inch shells, and a case of 6 inch shells!!!! He told my friend he paid $1,500 for the two cases! If I said I wasn't excited, I would be lying, but I'm also scared to death for 2 reason. One being I simply don't want to get in trouble for being around this guy and completely ruin my chances of ever getting a type 54, which I know would probably be the least of my problems and two, 6 inch shells are huge. We do have the room, but he doesn't have the know-how. I'll educate him the best I can, but I don't want to be the one caught lighting 6 inch shells, so he's on his own there.

PGH_Pyro
06-21-2014, 07:40 PM
even with the illegality of these people selling the stuff, the greed at that price is just ...evil .

Blackdevil77
06-21-2014, 07:50 PM
even with the illegality of these people selling the stuff, the greed at that price is just ...evil .

Yes it is, to say the least. That's probably the biggest reason I refused to buy anything like that. I wouldn't of minded some small salutes to mix in, keeping it somewhat sane, but the price was down right disgusting.

supermofunk8
06-22-2014, 04:23 PM
I totally understand its dangerous but if someone said hey moe you want to buy a BC51 http://catalog.kellfire.com/individual?id=BC51B i would in a heart beat!!! since i cant get my type 54 untill next year when i turn 21 An the safty part since i havent been to a PGI class would be 1 ft of visco taped (daves magic tape ofcourse) to the quick match glued to some LSB wood And Stacked To The Dirt While I Run like Hell It Would Be Great

supermofunk8
06-22-2014, 04:31 PM
How appropriate for this thread. I'm going to a Party on the Fourth of July in which I'm taking a bunch of excals that I bought to put on a little show after the local fireworks show. My friend just told me this one guy that's gonna be there just bought some fireworks also that he wants to bring. Then he showed me a picture. This guy has a case (72) of 3 inch shells, and a case of 6 inch shells!!!! He told my friend he paid $1,500 for the two cases! If I said I wasn't excited, I would be lying, but I'm also scared to death for 2 reason. One being I simply don't want to get in trouble for being around this guy and completely ruin my chances of ever getting a type 54, which I know would probably be the least of my problems and two, 6 inch shells are huge. We do have the room, but he doesn't have the know-how. I'll educate him the best I can, but I don't want to be the one caught lighting 6 inch shells, so he's on his own there.

Wow Dude It Would Be Great If You Invited Me i Would Love To See That Show

Blackdevil77
06-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Wow Dude It Would Be Great If You Invited Me i Would Love To See That Show

Come on down to NY, you may see the guy with the 6 inch shells getting arrested afterwards lol

supermofunk8
06-22-2014, 05:00 PM

Your in Md just like me and at the end of the day its down right boring as hell driving 600 miles to a good wholsale company for only consumer fireworks an if you really love the law then you must only like foutains and smoke items which i know you dont!!!, BIGGER IS BETTER Yea An Better is great but not at the expense of risking lives ( Understandable) but for 1 day out the year when everyone in washington d.c is shooting aerial pyro which is illegal!! (Ground Based Sparkler Law) I dont see the problem of giving the super sucky national mall fireworks show alittle run for there money!! So Yea its a felony but unless its being shot in Md were theres a fireworks ban or handled in a manor which is totally unsafe then theres a problem, But being shot in D.C nothing will happen 9Times Out Of 10 because everyone there dont give a damn about the law an the fire marshalls are always on the run around trying to grabbing the salers not the pryo enthusiast #Just saying if im wrong then i guess you an i will get hefty fines like everyone else in D.C which is 96% of them becuase there are little to Non of the CRAPPY TNT stands out like they use to, 1 on new york ave who is uping the price on foutains by 20% thats it! So for us in Md An Dc you should kno that 1.4 consumer arieal or report items are all illegal an you will get fined or even jail time for having these products to But every year nothing ever happens so #ITISWHATITIS =) Mr. Johnny Law

supermofunk8
06-22-2014, 05:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMj95GIjgH4 See trouble if your the only one but is you blend in your good as long as nothing happens, Im not saying who cares (LIGHT THAT SH**) im saying someone like you an i im pretty sure have more knowledge then just someone who buys fireworks for the 4th only an lights it one by one by hand. They should not have 1.3 pro stuff Period But saying its a felony has not ground really for our local shooting state (washington D.C) It Should Be THE SAFETY ASPECT!!!!!!!!!

PyroJoeNEPA
06-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Does this guy even have a clue what he needs for mortars to SAFELY shoot those shells? 1.3 shells don't come with a tube when you but them like the commercial shells do!!! Sounds like tomorrows accident headlines waiting to be written!!!!

Blackdevil77
06-23-2014, 11:53 AM
Does this guy even have a clue what he needs for mortars to SAFELY shoot those shells? 1.3 shells don't come with a tube when you but them like the commercial shells do!!! Sounds like tomorrows accident headlines waiting to be written!!!!

Which guy are you talking about, the fool I'm talking about with the salutes and 6 inch shells?

PyroJoeNEPA
06-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Yeah--the guy with the 6" & 3" shells.

Blackdevil77
06-24-2014, 04:30 AM
Yeah--the guy with the 6" & 3" shells.

No he hasn't a clue. I'm gonna give him a little safety lesson on the stuff and give him the proper HDPE tubes to use for the night. I'll keep him in one piece, but I can't promise I'll keep him out of jail.