PDA

View Full Version : music to fireworks

rtx440
06-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Im taking a stab at playing music with my show this year. Not realy so much matching music with fireworks/effects. After my opening thunderkings. I am shooting off some pink effect cakes to areosmiths-pink. Other than that just kinda letting music play. Im a rock n roll and a tad of country fan. So whats good rock/ country songs to play along with fireworks. Especially a good finale song. My finale is close to 800 rounds in under a min. Any imput would be great, im stumped

PyroJoeNEPA
06-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Music is very subjective. You need to look at what you like & also what the people at your shoot like. Since you are not attempting to script the show, you have free reign with your music. Set the music mood before you start shooting your show. One thing to bear in mind with your finale song--unless you have a huge sound system the noise of the finale will totally buyr the music! Even with a big system this happens--which is totally ok--it is all about the pyro!
Have fun with it!
I do a pyromusical each year & I started thinking about this years music a couple weeks before I shot my show last year---and have made several changes in the process. Now it is down to the wire & I am finally getting my ques in order [my show is July 12th so I have a little time yet]. Last week I determined to make no more script changes. That's how it goes with the music & the pyro.
ne suggestion--if you are doing a patriotic section--check out Madison Risings version of The Star Spangle Banner. It is awesome & great to shoot pyro to. Great dynamics!

tinymagget
06-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Hey 440, I'm not a fan of music with pyro. But I have to admit I was kicking the idea around. There's one song that if done right would be quite good. The Rolling Stones "Satisfaction" because of the consistent beat. I would think a piece from Deep Purple's "Highway Star". Shouldn't have a problem keeping up with your finale. Be Safe, Mike

PGH_Pyro
06-16-2014, 01:10 PM
if its not big loud brash bombastic music to me, it's not worth it .
i'd be using KISS, heavy metal from the 80's, techno-y stuff from the 90s like Rammstein, NIN and etc .
it's subjective as Joe said .

Blam Blam
06-16-2014, 09:03 PM
There are several levels of mixing fireworks and music ranging from simply playing to music during the show, trying to simply capture a mood, basic scripting to pyromusicals. There are even levels with pyromusicals. When I first got involved with fireworks I thought that only certain music (something with a beat) would work. Since then, I've learned a lot more and know believe that just about any song or set of songs can be used in a show. If you want to shoot to something, just do it. Whatever inspires you.

rtx440
06-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Thanks everyone I got some good ideas now. I got alota songs in mind. I was in a band so i got a big p.a system.. im planning out my finale to the song muse- madness.I like how It builds up. Im just a lil nervous. Im tyring alota new stuff this year. First year with display fireworks and first year with music. Hope all goes well

PyroJoeNEPA
06-16-2014, 11:06 PM
The main thing is-----HAVE FUN WITH IT! No matter what you do, you will be the only one tht knows if it doesn't go 100% according to plan---so relax & watch the crowd enjoy your "works".

Blam Blam
06-17-2014, 06:31 PM
you will be the only one tht knows if it doesn't go 100% according to plan

Too true, my first 'backyard' display my firing system died so I changed the show, fused everything, and hand lit. I felt like a total failure and thought the show sucked. Seems our hosts had called all their friends around the small lake and told them to watch. A minute or two after the show ended I heard the shouts and applause...

FRWKSFAN1
06-19-2014, 12:12 AM
You will need to "cut" accordingly, but here's some ideas.....It Kind Of Hits on what I think you described as your type of music. Just some ideas for songs. I like putting music to my show, but don't let it consume too much of your focus & energy unless you are doing a true pyro musical show. Have Fun.

Song Artist
Here Comes The Boom POD
Click Click Boom Saliva
Higher Ground Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Rockin' In The USA John Cougar
Sweet Home Alabama Lynyrd Skynard
Born In The USA Bruce Springstein
In America Charlie Daniels
Wild Side Motley Crue
Welcome To The Jungle Guns N Roses

Stars & Stripes Patriotic Finale
Overature Of 1812 Patriotic Finale

PGH_Pyro
06-19-2014, 01:05 AM
Judas Priest "riding on the wind"
this is kind've the aesthetic i'd go with for pyro-musicals
lot of lampares and magnum salutes
http://youtu.be/t1gaGoAOGAw

PGH_Pyro
06-19-2014, 02:01 AM
and some of the best pyro music ever comes from the band Kiss and specifically, Ace Frehley

http://youtu.be/1KKyiu5R6j4

PyroJoeNEPA
06-19-2014, 09:11 AM
On a side note--if you are looking into editing your music--AUDACITY is a free download program that is very easy to work with.