PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 show blows 1.3 show away! (Motor City Demo Night)

jaybee003
06-01-2014, 01:41 PM
I saw a thread on this form talking about how you cannot create a wow factor with 1.4 that you can 1.3. And well I believe that is the case most of the time, this one 1.4 show was freaking amazing! This was at motor city fireworks demo night. Brandon uploaded the video, I believe he is a member of this form but I didn't see it anywhere so I thought I would've posted it here. As stated everything we saw we were able to purchase, it was all done using 1.4!
Here is a list of all the fireworks that were used for the show in case anyone was interested:

Jumbo Strobes - Red Rhino
Pro Shells - BIG
Razzmatazz - Brothers
Smokin' Aces - BIG
The Chronic - BIG
Country Thunder - Winda
Crazy Joe - Winda
Silver Shining Star - Black Market
Perfect Round - Winda
Ninjas Of The Night - Brothers
Scramble - AFW
Sky Garden - Black Market
Speed Racer - Winda
Rules Of Game - Winda
Fire Fox - Winda
American Jamboree - Black Market
Star Chamber - Brothers
Black Label - BIG
Sexy Sisters - Winda
UV Shells - Red Apple
Americas Celebration - World Class
Massive Crackle
Whacky Tobacky - Brothers

http://youtu.be/_rgX8wh5kQM

zmaster725
06-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Excellent show!

PyroManiacs
06-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Awesome show!

wizard7611
06-02-2014, 12:26 AM
Yea, seen this online. It was a very great show! My favorite products from the 1.4 category are:
Whacky Tobacky
UV shells
Black Label -light about 2 of these cases off at a time and you've got a finale!
Star Chamber
Country Thunder

I'll take a trip up to Motor City this year and buy tons of firecrackers. They've got a really nice deal on them around the beginning of July. Our street always loves firecrackers! :cool:

wizard7611
06-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Yea, seen this online. It was a very great show! My favorite products from the 1.4 category are:
Whacky Tobacky
UV shells
Black Label -light about 2 of these cases off at a time and you've got a finale!
Star Chamber
Country Thunder

I'll take a trip up to Motor City this year and buy tons of firecrackers. They've got a really nice deal on them around the beginning of July. Our street always loves firecrackers! :cool:

wizard7611
06-02-2014, 12:28 AM
What the...? Double post? Man these forums need some fixing because this always keeps happening to me. -_-

kessie
06-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Which cakes were those at 4:00 mark? It looks like Johnny B Good / God of Fire from Phantom but it's not on the list. If those are a re-wrap of something nicer and cheaper I wanna know because I got a show coming up.

Edit: Never mind, it's Sky Garden from Black Market. It looks like a watered down, quicker version of what Phantom has... unfortunately.

Pyro k
06-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Impressive!

CTPYRO
06-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Nice show for C product, but it won't blow away a 1.3 show..... lol

Playingwithfire85
06-03-2014, 04:33 PM
In person it sure seemed like it would compete with 1.3 but we were also very close to the show as opposed to 1.3 regs for distance. Thanks for posting my video. I haven't been able to post for a week or so now.

mguerra
06-04-2014, 10:12 AM
A lot of 1.3 shows are just straight up shells. Like a city July 4 show. Well, you can get a LOT more creative than that with 1.4 product using multi cake fronts, angled cakes and mortars, mine and comet cakes and so on. And if you put the audience at 125 feet, assuming no headwind, they will say it is better than most commercial shows they have seen. I get that comment all the time. Of course a really creatively designed 1.3 show will trounce a 1.4, but how often do your audience ever see a show like that? If you put four fan cakes about thirty to forty feet apart across the front and put them on one cue, most of your family and friends will not have seen something like that down at the city park! I have had people say "Your whole show was like one continuous finale!" The goal is to wow the audience and you can sure do it with 1.4.

PyroManiacs
06-04-2014, 10:38 AM
A lot of 1.3 shows are just straight up shells. Like a city July 4 show.

For the one company I work for, we have used at least 5 cakes a show. Actually, for the 4th of July last year we used about 26. One every 30 seconds. :)

mguerra
06-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Those are the better 1.3 shows!

PyroManiacs
06-04-2014, 10:51 AM
If you look closely you will see it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO_pNKWd5vE

OverKill
06-08-2014, 11:09 PM
What would the cost be for that 1.4 show? Very nice indeed. I'm also thinking for the money of the 1.4, you could go a little longer with a 1.3 product. I could be wrong, let me know.

Jman
06-09-2014, 02:21 AM
Proximity is the key factor. You can never be close to 1.3g, not legally anyway. A 1.4g show viewed at 200-300 feet (usually a safe distance) looks massive. I am not foolish enough to say that 1.4g is superior to 1.3g because its simply not true and most 1.3g dwarfs anything 1.4g. But, once again proximity is the great equalizer. 1.4 shows are more "in your face" so to speak than 1.3 shows. I've had people from Houston Texas tell me that my lil old show here in backwoods Arkansas if better than the big shows they've seen in south Texas. To me that seems ludicrous and crazy but they swear by it. My cousin once told me that my show was way better than Disneys Worlds shows and that I should go down there and teach them how to put on a real show. So even though some 1.3 folks may not believe it or want to accept it, there are millions of Americans who would vote for a 1.4g show as being the best they've ever seen and its all because of one simple factor....let all say it together now..."PROXIMITY"

Jred201
06-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Awesome product and show. The biggest difference in 1.3-1.4 is salutes. Even adding 2.5 inch salutes, which I can buy for $2 a piece, to a 1.4 show will separate it and your crowd still only needs to be 175 feet away by reg. My suppliers $25 cakes are much louder and brighter than any 500g cake and Thunderkings cost $7 if you buy them in a case. If you have the ability to get your license it would be foolish not to, even just to add a little to your 1.4 show. Much more cost effective until you get up in the 4" range. Just my opinion though.

axl718
06-15-2014, 09:47 PM
Why not just get some of the tannerite product you don't need a license for that and you will get some salutes in a 1.4g show ;)