PDA

View Full Version : got my blue envlopes today (54)

rtx440
05-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Got my blue envlopes today. Im so excited. . My whole process took under a month (27days) from mailing my ap to now. I want to thank dave ( who I finnaly got to meet on satutday) for the dvd package ( which was a big help with the paperwork) . I highly recomend getting you type 54 if u havnt done so. . Now I can get my 1.3 items ordered.. This years fourth is gona be awesome.

PyroManiacs
05-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Congrats man!

algrant1
05-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the 54 club!

Pyro Nation
05-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Congrats!!!!

PyroJW
05-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Congrats!!!

jknepp1954
05-29-2014, 01:50 AM
Congrats rtx!

rtx440
05-29-2014, 11:24 AM
Thanks everyone

Blackdevil77
06-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Congrats! I wish I lived in PA. I tried to get the license here in New York, but NY makes it nearly impossible. I'd love to be able to add a few 1.3g items to our shows.

rtx440
06-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Yea. My process went pretty easy. But I have family in new york. They live no where near the city. The cops showed up last year because they were using sparklers and made too much smoke lol.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Welcome to "Club 54". Now we have to teach you the "secret handshake". LOL....be safe!

Blackdevil77
06-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Yea. My process went pretty easy. But I have family in new york. They live no where near the city. The cops showed up last year because they were using sparklers and made too much smoke lol.

Yup, sounds about right lol. Nothing fun allowed over here.

Pyro k
06-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Congrats!!!!

CTPYRO
06-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Congrats! I wish I lived in PA. I tried to get the license here in New York, but NY makes it nearly impossible. I'd love to be able to add a few 1.3g items to our shows.

Getting the 54 isn't the problem even if you live in NY because it's a federal license and they can not deny you unless your a felon for the most part. The problem your going to run into is where your going to discharge 1.3 - The ATF will probably ask that for sure since your in a state where fireworks in general are not sold. Getting permits are also the other hurdle in thje state of NY. PA although is much easier there are townships that run differrently then others.. some require a permit and some don't blink an eye... but again every state is different. I'm in CT and just decided to join a club ( NHPA ) and there I can shoot open or put on a display with 1.3 product and not worry about all the legalities....

Blackdevil77
06-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Getting the 54 isn't the problem even if you live in NY because it's a federal license and they can not deny you unless your a felon for the most part. The problem your going to run into is where your going to discharge 1.3 - The ATF will probably ask that for sure since your in a state where fireworks in general are not sold. Getting permits are also the other hurdle in thje state of NY. PA although is much easier there are townships that run differrently then others.. some require a permit and some don't blink an eye... but again every state is different. I'm in CT and just decided to join a club ( NHPA ) and there I can shoot open or put on a display with 1.3 product and not worry about all the legalities....

Exactly, but if you can't satisfy the state side of things, it raises the eyebrows of the feds. You aren't even allowed to have a contingency storage plan in NY, you HAVE to own property that meets their requirements. It also has to be within a certain amount of miles from you, so I wouldn't be able to store my stuff out of state. They really found every way possible to make people go "screw it."