PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Fireworks Selling Idea

zmaster725
05-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Has anyone ever thought about selling fireworks out of an Ice Cream or Food Truck? I'm not sure of what legalities would have to be met, but the concept sounds awesome. I had some friends ask me why I have never tried this especially when the hometown show is going on, my store is absolutely dead until after the show is over and then we are swamped. I think if the licensing, permitting, and insurance are met this would be a great opportunity for any and all retailers to capitalize on the thousands that flock to area shows and just park on roadways or parking lots. What does everyone else think?

JamesFitts
05-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Sounds like a really cool idea. I know I would be running to the street whenever I heard the music. The only concern I have with ithe is location. The stands (parking lots or road side) have to get permits and permission for that spot. Not sure how the laws would work for a moving stand.

zmaster725
05-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Its wishful thinking all around. In Indiana as a retailer I pay a license fee per store, I don't see why I couldn't pay as if it were a store as long as a Class A CDL with Hazmat Endorsement is held by the Driver in which I have people on hand that do and have picked up and transported orders for me in the past.

PGH_Pyro
05-25-2014, 06:45 PM
instead of that cheesy annoying ice cream truck jingle jangle music, you could have wagner's "ride of the valkyries" and ac/dc's thunderstruck and that "light em up bopbop " song playing , lol .

zmaster725
05-26-2014, 01:41 AM
instead of that cheesy annoying ice cream truck jingle jangle music, you could have wagner's "ride of the valkyries" and ac/dc's thunderstruck and that "light em up bopbop " song playing , lol .

O yea, I'm feeling it. Maybe 1812 Overture or one of the armed forces songs.

jknepp1954
05-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Back about 15 yr ago - i had sent out some novelty stuff - snaps, snakes, sparklers to an old man in Iowa. he ran an ice cream truck and had those in it also.

PuroJon
05-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Good luck with that in Indiana. They are not even issuing new tent permits anymore, which is what a temporary structure (truck, tent. etc) is. You'd only be able to sell 'safe-n-sane' tent product anyway, and would have to pull a new permit for each location you parked at. And that truck better have legitimate 1.3g Hazmat placards on it or you will always have an Achilles heel.

Not to mention the competitors who will scream at the fire marshal every time they see you anywhere. They can get downright testy that way in Indiana...

zmaster725
05-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Good luck with that in Indiana. They are not even issuing new tent permits anymore, which is what a temporary structure (truck, tent. etc) is. You'd only be able to sell 'safe-n-sane' tent product anyway, and would have to pull a new permit for each location you parked at. And that truck better have legitimate 1.3g Hazmat placards on it or you will always have an Achilles heel.

Not to mention the competitors who will scream at the fire marshal every time they see you anywhere. They can get downright testy that way in Indiana...

Not sure on why I would need 1.3 placards. O I have several wars stories of competitors calling the fire marshals office on me just by taking their sales. They have even wasted money on 20' tall inflatables to put on top of the store. I had a Deputy marshal and local building code inspector come in once due to a complaint that I was setting stuff off in my store. lol Luckily, I am the only store in town anymore.