PDA

View Full Version : Site selection?

Pyro k
05-21-2014, 11:14 PM
I currently shoot on my own property. Now that I have my license I may need some more room to shoot some larger shells. As a hobbyist how do some of you go about finding a spot to do a show or party? I talked to a farmer I've known for years and he said he would think about it but was concerned about scaring the cattle. Anybody run into to cattle issues, I know dogs freak out?

Pyro Nation
05-21-2014, 11:22 PM
oh i have run into cattle and horses and so many other animals..I remember Albert from LBS had issues due to chipmunks...so it can happen quite often

mguerra
05-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Decide who all you would like to invite to a shoot. Ask every one of them if they know someone who might have property and be willing to let you shoot there. My sister knows two people who are more than happy to let us put on a show on their land. They get a free fireworks show out of it!

PGH_Pyro
05-22-2014, 02:20 PM
there is a big problem right now with "exotic animals" like alpacas/llamas/etc freaking out during pyro. shows . can't be easily insured if they die/rampage .
you have to ask around the shoot site if they have any of these , or you should ...