PDA

View Full Version : ATF License and CDL Question???

Ziggirat
05-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Hi Dave, I've been watching your videos for years I LOVE THEM!!! But anyways yesterday I went to my meeting for Hamburg Fireworks display Co ,which puts on more than 50 shows in the central Ohio Area.
Well a guy came in to talk about fireworks in a class that hamburg has every year for firework assistants that help out on display shows during the 4th! its a mandatory firework education class for anyone that is 18+ older or doesn't have a ATF license. Well anyways this guy is VERY HIGH up there in the firework industry, he goes to Washington Dc to defend Fireworks and rules and laws on them,and you may recognize the guy is those firework education videos that are SUPER BORING. He is a older guy with gray hair and mustache and glasses, well anyways here soon I will be 21 and be wanting to apply for my ATF license which I will be purchasing your video!! anyways I asked the guy lets say I want some 1.3G fireworks in my private show next year and I live in the boonies of Ohio well I asked do I need a CDL to transport lets say 5 cases of 1.3G cakes he didn't really give me a clear answer can you answer that question will I need a CDL to transport fireworks for just a few cases or can I just throw them in my car??? also this guy said I need a 1,000,000 dollar bond to which I quite don't understand that either! Nobody I know has 1,000,000 dollars thats on the permit for ohio ?? And if I get my ATF license and if I come to kellners or lynch to buy a good amount of 1.3G fireworks will I need a massive storage area ?? but according to that guy its a lot more in depth than just getting a ATF license and that I will need a lot of money to get a ATF license and everything that goes with it so if you can please carefully read over my questions and get back to me that would be great and PLEASE put your answers in simple terms instead of a politic kind of answer thank you!

If you don't quite understand ill put my number on here so someone can call me on it
my number is 740-415-8521

Jonah/MrZiggy1000

Thank You!

PyroManiacs
05-19-2014, 12:39 AM
Hey Zig...
We have a set way of how this works in Pa, but Im not certain how it works in Ohio. There are plenty of people on here from Ohio that know the in and outs of how it works there. Im sure one of them will guide you in the right direction shortly.

CTPYRO
05-19-2014, 09:19 AM
You only need a CDL if your in the business of shooting fireworks show and not for personal use. You do want your ATF license in your car should there be a case of getting pulled over. Tha way you at least are legit in puchasing B

Pyro k
05-19-2014, 10:52 PM
You don't need to be rich by no means to get your license, however being rich can get you an awful lot of works! LOL. Don't let the high dollar bond fool you, I have it under my homeowners insurance. It's actually so affordable I keep it on all year just so I don't have to mess around with it when it's show time.

mguerra
05-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Pyro k
What company writes your homeowners insurance ?

Pyro k
05-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Pyro k
What company writes your homeowners insurance ?

State Farm

displayfireworks1
05-20-2014, 08:32 AM
You request I answer this in the simple terms.
-There are over 300 ATF fireworks license holders in Pennsylvania, do you think everyone of them has a CDL with Hazmat Endorsement and one million in insurance?
-I would recommend you purchase my ATF/DVD package, it answer so many questions people often have.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php
The first step in a 1.3 fireworks endeavor is to be a properly licensed individual with the ATF. Then the 50 questions and phone calls you choose to make start as, Hello sir I am a ATF Fireworks license holder, I have a question................

Northern Sky
05-21-2014, 01:29 AM
You need to have a lead shooter's license to shoot in Ohio and purchase your product from a verified Ohio shipper. Kellners dropped their Ohio shipper so between those two Lynch is your supplier. Your AHJ will give you the rest of the information you need. Ohio is not a state you want to mess with. It can land you in a world of hurt in a hurry.

Check into http://www.neopg.com/ and http://www.opag.us/

Some of the information is dated but you should find what you want there and you can make contact with people who are in the know.

Here are some of the basics and links to more information:
http://www.legalpyro.com/state/oh.html

crackerbomb
05-21-2014, 04:57 AM
Ohio law stinks when it comes to fireworks.

PyroManiacs
05-21-2014, 07:41 AM
At least he has Lynch available to him! :cool: