PDA

View Full Version : a little advice type 54

rtx440
04-28-2014, 12:41 PM
i just ordered the package from dave . i want to get my type 54. two questions. dave or ect how long does it take usualy to get you package. i live in pa, and two. if i sent out my paperwork by the start of may and do all the steps . do i stand any chance of getting my type 54 by this july 4th

CTPYRO
04-28-2014, 01:17 PM
I'd ay if you send it out within the first week you might luck out. All depends on how busy your local ATF office is. You need finger print cards and photo I.D pics taken a well as filling out the App. In addition will need to provide some sort of contingency storage as well so that might be the biggest obstacle for you

mguerra
04-28-2014, 07:49 PM
To speed things up go down to your local police station or sheriffs office and get your fingerprints now. Your fingerprints need to be on an FD –258 card which is a standard law-enforcement fingerprint card. You also need a 2" x 2" photograph, and they are very serious about the sizing. I got a passport photo at Walgreens and it was exactly 2 x 2, you should go do that now and have it ready. If you are going to have your own magazine get that thing installed now. If not, decide who you would like to use as your supplier for 1.3 G product and get a contingency plan squared away immediately. If you get all of this done straight away then you'll just be able to send in your application immediately upon receiving it. I have no idea what the state laws are in Pennsylvania regarding use of 1.3 product but you should investigate that right now also because if there are some hoops you need to jump through that may also take some time. You did not say if you have any experience using 1.3 product, but if you do not you absolutely need to get some training as well if you want to be safe by the Fourth of July!
Good luck!

PyroManiacs
04-28-2014, 09:12 PM
If you have no prior experience with 1.3, you could get in with a company or join a club here in PA. The two easiest ways. :)

PM me with where you are located in Pa and maybe I can help with getting you in a company if you need.

PGH_Pyro
04-29-2014, 10:43 AM
definetly learn/train before you get your hands on that stuff. get in with a club or experienced techs .
it's much more powerful and potentially dangerous than 1.4, overall .
"walk before you run" :cool:

rtx440
04-29-2014, 12:12 PM
hey thanks everyone. i got alot in order already. yes i have worked with some 1.3 product in the past . and consumer my whole life, and im from the johnstown pa area but i don't plan on anything crazy, more or less just some bigger cakes and being able to buy quick match. but any who, I got a contingency storage plan set up ( and paperwork to go with it ) im going for my fingerprint card and 2x2 photo this week from my local police station , and i ordered daves package and it already shipped out to my address, to help me with the application and interview.

CTPYRO
04-29-2014, 04:57 PM
Then your headed in the right direction! The app is easy to fill out though. The storage is the big sticking point with most users wanting to get into B

matandch
04-29-2014, 05:33 PM
When I got my 54 the Pa State Police did the fingerprinting for FREE. Just go to the PSP web site, find your local barracks and call for an appointment.

rtx440
05-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Got daves video. And I sent out my app today. So hopefully ill make it by the fouth. Now i play the waiting game. Daves video was a big help. (Thank you dave). And the state police did my photo and prints free of charge. I cant wait to join club 54

Pyro Nation
05-01-2014, 10:17 PM
DONT DO IT... its a very very scary place...

The DARK Side is strong and wont let you leave

PyroJoeNEPA
05-02-2014, 07:13 AM
DONT DO IT... its a very very scary place...
The DARK Side is strong and wont let you leave

ROFL!!!! Just for that, Rob, I nominate you to teach him the secret hand shake & show him how to use the secret decoder ring!!!

rtx440
05-14-2014, 09:59 AM
got the call today for my 54 interview... :-) it only took two weeks... i cant believe it. i have my interview in five days on monday. the A.T.F inspector said i beat the usual rush for this time of year. and they are kinda slow. so yea.. really excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pyro k
05-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Good for you! Don't sweat it everything will go smooth from here. Good luck and be safe.

rtx440
05-16-2014, 06:49 PM
About how long after the interview did everyone receive their papers in the mail. From what I gather week or 2 ?

Pyro k
05-16-2014, 09:03 PM
You are correct, I received mine in about 10 days. My inspector told me I would get it about 2 weeks and if I didn't get it within 30 days give him a call. It probably all depends on what they have going on?