PDA

View Full Version : Cremora balls

Mike Extreme
04-24-2014, 02:23 PM
How to make Cremora balls?

PGH_Pyro
04-24-2014, 02:40 PM
many FAQ/tutorial videos on youtube/etc .

zmaster725
04-24-2014, 11:12 PM
Biggest no no is to pack or compress your black powder charge. If so you have potentially created a bomb. Same concept for the creamer, let it free flow.

PGH_Pyro
04-24-2014, 11:27 PM
lesson for life eh ? don't pack your charge too tight . let it flow . ;)

zmaster725
04-27-2014, 03:00 PM
lesson for life eh ? don't pack your charge too tight . let it flow . ;)

Lol, never realized how that sounded til now.

Playingwithfire85
04-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Unless you shoot muzzle loaders, then you should pack your load tight so you always end up with a consistent bang. :p

zmaster725
04-27-2014, 10:19 PM
Very first cremora I ever made, I made the mistake of packing the black powder. It resulted in the bucket blowing apart at the base and half the yard on fire thanks to the tissue paper and creamer. Ever since then, by not packing it I use a 1:3 ratio for charge to creamer and depending on how much I put in its easy to make great mushroom cloud style 50' fireballs. I use these as part of a finale for a show mixed with strobe pots and mines. People never know what's firing next.

doom316pyro
08-27-2016, 08:31 PM
are thay legal

PyroJoeNEPA
08-27-2016, 09:49 PM
Very first cremora I ever made, I made the mistake of packing the black powder. It resulted in the bucket blowing apart at the base and half the yard on fire thanks to the tissue paper and creamer. Ever since then, by not packing it I use a 1:3 ratio for charge to creamer and depending on how much I put in its easy to make great mushroom cloud style 50' fireballs. I use these as part of a finale for a show mixed with strobe pots and mines. People never know what's firing next.
A 1:3 ratio seems pretty extreme & most likely you are burning off a lot more BP than necessary. I use 6 gal and 5 gal HDPE buckets, #10 "pizza sauce" cans & coffee cans. Regardless of the size of the container you use--all you need is to lightly cover the bottom of the bucket with 2FA black powder. I does not need to be "a layer"--but just enough so you don't see the bottom. It will put the creamora in the air. Add tissue paper & cremora--and you are ready to go.
I didn't mention the ematch--up until this year I always taped the ematch to the bottom of the bucket and ran the wire up & out of the side & taped it in place on the outside. Someone made a suggestion a while back which I have since implemented and found it to be a much safer way to ignite the cremora---instead of putting the ematch in the bottom of the bucket with the black powder I now use a length of quick match with half an inch of the black match exposed. I tape this to the bottom, run it up the side [with another piece of tape to hold it in place] and then out the bucket & put an ematch port on the quick match. Much safer--the cremora can be loaded without the worry of friction between the BP & the match head causing an unexpected ignition. It works perfectly & I would suggest those of you doing Cremoras to give it a try.

Crab107
08-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Ive used the talon ignitor clips and visco to ignite the charge. Havent tried the cremora powder fireball. Just the gas method. I dont take any chances with the pots though. They are 1/4" steel pipe welded to 1/2" steel base.

PyroJoeNEPA
08-28-2016, 02:17 PM
Ive used the talon ignitor clips and visco to ignite the charge. Havent tried the cremora powder fireball. Just the gas method. I dont take any chances with the pots though. They are 1/4" steel pipe welded to 1/2" steel base.

Two different animals--the gas mines use a black powder charge that is completely waterproofed in an "egg" [plastic bag covered with tape and epoxy--or a sealed HDPE pill bottle hot glued shut] then that is submerged in a "slug" of water under the gas fuel. The cremora uses loose black powder sprinkled openly in the bottom of the bucket or can.
Both look impressive.