View Full Version : Consumer and Professional Show Insurance

VFI_Fireworks
04-15-2014, 04:50 PM
Hello, I am looking to extend a reasonable coverage per show or annual based on your needs through an insurance broker I am working with, Contact me personally @ jcvllv@netzero.com for a quote and request for application! Min. coverage $865 premium plus fees and taxes yearly or per show $285 premium. Enjoy your Fourth of July Celebrations with no worries!

displayfireworks1
04-15-2014, 06:02 PM
For those who do not know who VFI is it is "John" , he runs a small professional display company in the Pittsburgh Pa. You may remember him featured in some of my videos. It should be interesting to hear how all this works.

Pyro Nation
04-15-2014, 09:18 PM
well, Im curious to see how it does work as well.. Like are there limits in terms is this for personal shows or can be used for paid shows as well

UniversalPyro
04-15-2014, 09:19 PM
Im interested. PM Sent

VFI_Fireworks
04-17-2014, 08:14 AM
From the information I was given this Insurance is not limited to paid or non paid shows. There are some limits for sure, I believe Dave actually talked to the broker of this company in the past and they was from Texas or something. It does not cover vehicle coverage which is required to do paid shows which is a separate $5,000,000 policy. But if you have the product delivered to your site I believe that is doable. Of course you still need to apply with the Attorney Generals office and a few other items.

pyrola
04-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Hi VFI Firework,

I have a question regarding this opportunity. Why are you creating competition for yourself?

VFI_Fireworks
04-21-2014, 08:53 AM
Pyrola, If you new the ins and outs of professional shooting for $$$ you would know that even with insurance where we operate you still need another $6000 to make the first $1. Show insurance does not constitute a for profit business.

zmaster725
04-21-2014, 12:13 PM
PM sent, very interested. Premiums sound very reasonable. Just curious on coverage amounts as Indiana is a little weird with amounts needed for different types of shoots.

Thanks

pyrola
04-21-2014, 10:54 PM
I probably know more than you think. If show insurance doesn't constitute a for profit business then why are you doing it? If I am reading this correctly you are going to extend someone show insurance for literally nothing and then that person can go out and essentially compete against you in the market place. Hence my question from my first post. Why are you creating competition for yourself?

VFI_Fireworks
04-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Pyrola ... Well, you being from New Orleans I dont know what your insurance requirements are but in PA we are required to have a min $1,000,000 show liability some are now required to have 2M. Which averages $4,000-$4,800. On top of that Dot requires vehicle coverage of $5,000,000 hense another $5,000-$6,000. You must register with the Dept of Justice and maintain records on everything if you think Im creating competition Im not besides its about time someone helped out the enthusiast instead of regulating it so that the only people that can do a show is big daddy!!! So seriuosly you dont not much!! End of discussion!

pyrola
04-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Ok friend. Just asking some questions and it obviously hit a nerve.

On another note, not sure you should be preaching about dot regulations. In one of Dave's videos, your placard was not correct and you were not compliant. 1.3g placards are orange not red but what do I know.

Good luck to you!

VFI_Fireworks
04-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Deadline May 20 : All application must be in by this date!

MIpyro
05-19-2014, 09:15 PM
I am a little confused here. I just obtained my type 54 hoping to obtain 1.3g products but I have been hearing from different people that you need insurance, permits, ect to shoot this stuff. Is this completely true or if I am on private property for non profit show, do I still need this stuff? I live in Michigan. Should I contact the local fire Marshall and get his/her opinion. Im not shooting any shells, just cakes and I have got training at my local pyro company. Thanks for the advice.

Pyro k
05-19-2014, 11:16 PM
I am a little confused here. I just obtained my type 54 hoping to obtain 1.3g products but I have been hearing from different people that you need insurance, permits, ect to shoot this stuff. Is this completely true or if I am on private property for non profit show, do I still need this stuff? I live in Michigan. Should I contact the local fire Marshall and get his/her opinion. Im not shooting any shells, just cakes and I have got training at my local pyro company. Thanks for the advice.
Whatever township you get your permit from they will tell you if insurance is required before they issue the permit. At least that is how it works for me. I also shoot on private property!

Pyro Nation
05-19-2014, 11:33 PM
Doesnt matter if private or not...The AHJ who issues the permit for the show will inform you of what is needed.

Some places I have dealt with dont have anything on the books for firework shows so they wont issue a permit, but I give them something in writing at least

mguerra
05-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Here's your answer:
http://www.doj.state.wi.us/sites/default/files/2013-news/2012-fireworks-advisory-current-20130620.pdf

MIpyro
05-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Awesome! Thank you all for your insight. Looks like I need to start applying for a permit...lol!

mguerra
05-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Actually I sent you a link for Wisconsin for some reason. Search "Michigan Fireworks Laws" and you will find it.

MIpyro
05-20-2014, 01:16 PM
i just did. its pretty much the same as Wisconsin. I need to get insurance and a permit.

PyroManiacs
09-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Old thread.... but.... What was the outcome of this?