PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for his ATF license

displayfireworks1
04-14-2014, 05:30 PM
This is a feedback post. I helped this YouTube viewer get his ATF license, he is getting ready for July 4th. He ask me to get word out about his YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmPC0dsBMy8

N3OQO
04-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Very nice work on the racks! Well done.

mguerra
04-14-2014, 06:23 PM
So, in Pennsylvania, are you not hit with the insurance requirements like we are here in Texas? It is going to make it near impossible for me to USE my ATF license! Any use of 1.3, public or private, commercial or not, requires insurance here in Texas. Even in the middle of 1,000 acres of your own private property. It is maddening. I asked in another thread if there was a single person using 1.3 in Texas as a hobbyist and got zero replies. Sigh...

displayfireworks1
04-14-2014, 06:36 PM
The person in the video is not from Pennsylvania.
If you wait for everyone to say it is ok to shoot fireworks you may have to wait along time. In Texas of all places there has to be tons of flat open areas for you to shoot. If you are not doing a for profit display you should not have an issue. I have had this challenge out there for some time and have yet to hear from anyone. Let me restate it. Is there any case out there in the entire United States where an ATF licensed individual was cited for shooting fireworks not for profit without a state certification? I have yet to hear one report. You should probably join that Texas Pyro group I believe they are called Fire Ants.

PGH_Pyro
04-14-2014, 09:32 PM
is it me or is the ATF/etc trying to make it harder and harder for people to shoot/posess 1.3 product ?

mguerra
04-15-2014, 09:45 AM
The ATF is making it easy. They are not the problem. It is the states that promulgate the laws and regulations regarding permitting and insurance.
Yes, I joined fire ants which is actually Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas, or PAT. fireants.org is the webpage.

Bighorn
04-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Get shells and shoot. Have fun and be safe. If you shoot a PRIVATE show not PUBLIC you should be fine don't sweat all the little details.

pyromaniac
04-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Let me restate it. Is there any case out there in the entire United States where an ATF licensed individual was cited for shooting fireworks not for profit without a state certification? I have yet to hear one report.What about the forum member BigBang87, I think it was? He got into a pickle because he didn't have any state certification in Ohio. I believe the AHJ paid him a visit before he even picked up his 1.3g from Kellners. They basically said you set this off and you WILL get charged. He didn't get cited, but it goes to show the ATF takes local laws very serious. The ATF is going to sweat a type 54 holder in Ohio or NY way more than someone living in PA. Sad but true

Pyro-nut
04-18-2014, 09:40 PM
Hey Dave....I wanted to thank you for posting my Mortar Build video on Pyrotalk.com and say thank you for helping me get my type 54 permit. I received the blue envelope today and couldn't have been more excited.

I am scheduled to attend a PGI Display Operator Certification Course on the 26th and have talked with my local display company about getting on a crew for experience. My local Fire Marshall seems to be a good guy and is open to permitting shows in my area as long as all the proper safe guards are in place.

So to recap: Thanks for putting the youtube.com videos out there that drew my attention, thanks for the DVD package that helped me get my type 54 and thanks for the continued support. Hopefully we will get to shoot a show together some day. Feel free to have anyone in my area (southwest Detroit) contact me if they have any questions about the process or need a shooter.

Thanks Dave,

Chad

This is a feedback post. I helped this YouTube viewer get his ATF license, he is getting ready for July 4th. He ask me to get word out about his YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmPC0dsBMy8

displayfireworks1
04-18-2014, 09:51 PM
When I posted this feedback I did not know it was a pyrotalk member. It all sounds great to me because you are taking the PGI course, plus I hope you are able to get on a professional display company crew. This is a great time of year to contact professional companies to get on a crew. Congratulations on getting your ATF license , I am glad to hear I inspired you. I think everyone is impressed with your racks.

Pyro-nut
04-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Thanks Dave...Keep an eye on my youtube channel, I plan on posting many video's this year.

Pyro k
04-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Congrats!!!!

pyroguy56
04-19-2014, 10:57 PM
Hi guys, I just wanted to let everyone know I just got my license in the mail today. I live on Long Isand and it wasn't that bad, the atf agent was talking june but it came 3 weeks after the interview. Does anyone know where I can buy 1.3 near NY or is kellner the closest?.

PyroManiacs
04-20-2014, 06:37 AM
Congrats pyroguy..... theres another member in here from LI who was askin me if it would be hard to get the license in NY..... I guess when he sees this..... he will know, lol.

displayfireworks1
04-20-2014, 09:48 AM
Congratulations on receiving your ATF license. Living on Long Island is an advantage to you because you are very close to one of my 1.3 advertisers Fireworks Extravaganza located in Rochelle Park New Jersey. If the information on their website is correct they are having a product demo in Drumore Pa. Please visit the Fireworks Extravaganza website with the link below you will see all the information and price list. I would also recommend you fax your unsigned license to them and keep a copy in your vehicle like I recommended in the video. If you decide to go to the demo call and RSVP, please tell them Dave from pyrotalk sent you. I think you will find "John" the owner will have a nice selection of product for you. Now that you have an ATF license please consider purchasing from my advertisers, I appreciate it.
Here is a link to website demo etc.
http://fwextravaganza.com/wholesale-sales/
http://static.squarespace.com/static/514f83a6e4b0e2959600fda1/t/514f8cace4b0a337a8169599/1397230678364/?format=1500w
http://static.squarespace.com/static/514f83a6e4b0e2959600fda1/515d86d4e4b0875140c6dbf3/515d8708e4b0daad6e798fdb/1365084005894/Whole-Sale-Sales-Masthead.jpg
http://fwextravaganza.com/s/FE-2013-Pricelist.pdf

displayfireworks1
04-20-2014, 10:05 AM
http://pics2.city-data.com/city/maps/fr5641.png
Living on Long Island I do not think you can get any closer to Wholesale 1.3 Fireworks.
To other members of the forums Fireworks Extravaganza also serves. (From the website)
We have storage facilities in NY, MD and PA. We have the capacity to store over 500,000 lbs of products and are located within hour of NYC and Baltimore. We offer free delivery to Crackerjacks, PGI, MAPAG, and Pyrotechnic Artist functions
Serving the following states: Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia
http://fwextravaganza.com/

PyroManiacs
04-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Oh yea, forgot about them up there.

When is the demo? Their website isnt updated for the date this year.

pyro1361
04-20-2014, 09:39 PM
pyroguy56 We have our Main location on Long Island, if you looking to buy 1.3g let me know, I sell to a bunch of guys on the island

Zach
zach@pyroimports.com

pyroguy56
04-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Thank you everyone. Pyro1361 I sent you an email, I look forward to coming by your facility.

displayfireworks1
04-21-2014, 10:36 PM
I apologize, I forgot Zack at International Pyrotechnic Imports is also in the area. I will be happy as long as you buy from one of these distributors. I appreciate you or any member buying from my advertisers. I never realized you had so many choices in Long Island. LOL

pyroguy56
04-22-2014, 09:17 AM
Thanks Dave, does Zach respond to emails. Because I sent him an email on Sunday to buy 1.3 product after his last post, but I haven't heard from him yet. Do you have a contact number for him, if you do could you pm me the number, I rather buy on long island instead of going out state. Thanks again.