PDA

View Full Version : 3, 4, and 5 inch shell suggestions

wizard7611
04-13-2014, 03:16 AM
Hi! I was wondering what I should buy. I have three decisions in mind.
1. Lidu Specialty shell assortment
2. Yung Feng shell assortment
3. Lidu or Yung Feng separate shells (more expensive)
What would be the best to get for 3, 4, and 5 inch shells to set up a real great crowd pleaser?:cool:

Bighorn
04-13-2014, 07:42 AM
Depends on how much clearance you have to your audience. In my opinion bigger is better. Go with 5" if you can safely!

PGH_Pyro
04-13-2014, 08:10 AM
the best overall whomp is a 6" shell in my experience , assuming you have the clearance and budget .
yung feng is about best shell quality there is outside of those crazy japanese shells that you can't get anyway .

PyroJW
04-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Assortment of modules would get you more bang for your buck, but can't go wrong with Yung Feng product!

PyroManiacs
04-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Go with the Yung Feng Assortment... you wont be upset.

wizard7611
04-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Go with the Yung Feng Assortment... you wont be upset.
Yea but the Yung Feng 5 inch shell assortment is $402!!! That nearly takes off half of my budget. :eek:

PyroJoeNEPA
04-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Yung Feng is definitely the better shell. That being said, unfortunately, the average person doesn't appreciate the difference in color quality, hang time, etc. that we Pyro's do. So, with budget limitations, I would say--depending on how many & what size racks you have-or have access to--go with the less expensive Lidu shells. but get a couple of the Yung Feng's for a "special ending" on the tail of your finale. If you put up 4 of the Yung Feng 5" Nishiki Kamora Niagra Falls shells [part # yf5ao6 about $22.00-$23.00 ea.] it will be the most remembered & talked about part of the show--people will say "the sky was filled with gold rain". That would give you the "WOW" factor in your show. The only down side to that is--if you do it, next year you have to do "bigger & better"! Gotta love being a PYRO!! Good Luck searching out your show choices.

wizard7611
04-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Yung Feng is definitely the better shell. That being said, unfortunately, the average person doesn't appreciate the difference in color quality, hang time, etc. that we Pyro's do. So, with budget limitations, I would say--depending on how many & what size racks you have-or have access to--go with the less expensive Lidu shells. but get a couple of the Yung Feng's for a "special ending" on the tail of your finale. If you put up 4 of the Yung Feng 5" Nishiki Kamora Niagra Falls shells [part # yf5ao6 about $22.00-$23.00 ea.] it will be the most remembered & talked about part of the show--people will say "the sky was filled with gold rain". That would give you the "WOW" factor in your show. The only down side to that is--if you do it, next year you have to do "bigger & better"! Gotta love being a PYRO!! Good Luck searching out your show choices.

Would about the Kylin shells. Are they any good?

PyroJoeNEPA
04-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Would about the Kylin shells. Are they any good?
I haven't shot any of the Kylin 1.3g shells. Perhaps someone else can jump in & answer that question for you?

PGH_Pyro
04-13-2014, 04:02 PM
in my limited experience with Kylin stuff, it's high quality/sexy pyro . :o

PyroJW
04-14-2014, 07:33 PM
I agree but with red pistol (;