PDA

View Full Version : Winda product....

PyroManiacs
04-08-2014, 04:06 PM
I have never used any Winda yet, so I think im going to try it out this year. Ive watched a whole lot of videos on a lot of product as well.

I looked on wikifireworks for reviews, but I would like personal suggestions from members here as well.

Im looking mostly into 500g items, and whatever the loudest 200g items anyone can suggest.

I however, dont want to purchase any of the fake 3" NOABs

So what can anyone recommend?

N3OQO
04-08-2014, 04:20 PM
I had one of their Broken Heart repeaters a few years ago, it was pretty good.

magnetic pyro
04-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Smart idea screw the noab's just buy cases of canister shells and fuse up racks. That's what I'm doing and also buying special effects cakes

Jman
04-08-2014, 08:46 PM
I've shot at least one case of all of these and they were good

500 gram

Super Stunt
Jumping Skier
Jail Bait
Amazing Ballet
Country Thunder
Missile Machine
Reach for the sky
Rules of the game
Super Kung Fu
Swamp Gator
USA Conqueror
War Stopper
Crazy Joe

I know you said no 3" racks, but if you change your mind I have seen Ring Ring at a demo and its awesome. I have it on good authority that Pyro Candy and Addicted to Loud are awesome as well but I have not seen either of them personally.

As for 200g, not much experience with them.

I wouldnt swear off all the 2/1 Noabs. If you get the right ones they blow any 1.4g canister away. I still purchase select ones from several wholesalers that smoke excaliburs and shells of that category...remember, its not about the so called size of the shells as much as it is performance. Many 3" racks also offer effects your wont find in shell kits. Ring Ring by winda is just spectacular. 12 shots of assorted rings including some triple rings that look professional. Unleashed is a huge falling willow surrounded by a ring, breaks hard and is symmetrical every time. They have another one that breaks so hard its like a cannon going off. So there are some good ones out there, you just need to find the good ones and leave the rest of them alone.

PyroManiacs
04-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Thanks Jman for the details. Thats exactly what im trying to do

PGH_Pyro
04-08-2014, 09:48 PM
i have a mostly positive feeling about Winda product

PyroManiacs
04-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Hmmm, take a look and listen to this video... Tell me if you notice anything odd about it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ExelYjtggw

mguerra
04-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Seems like in the last shots you don't hear the lift charge, but in the first shots you do.

PyroManiacs
04-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Not only that.... but it sounded like the detonation of the shells in the air were dubbed over with a "sound track" of shells detonating.

Theres a lot more noise going on in the video then what your seeing.

I bet they were recording in HD with a crappy audio mic.... then used and external HD mic and used and editor to lace the tracks together, but they used the wrong audio track for that specific product.

I notice things like this cause I am an audiophile... :)

Pyro Jerry
04-13-2014, 08:26 PM
the 2014 500 gram cakes I saw demoed 2 weeks ago that I like were Trouble, Thunder Canyon, Capt Jackson, The Heat is on, and Neon bang

You can find these on Your tube.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-13-2014, 08:54 PM
I shot a couple of the Missile Machine last year & have 2 stashed for this year's show. They are like a giant color pearls zipper. They looked nice. Ive seen the Winda Ring Ring & it is nice--but I will be using 3" Dun Pai 1.3g for rings this year.

boo2blue
04-13-2014, 10:25 PM
My favorite winda items are smoke dragon 16shot daytime cake, titanium crackers, and heavyweight canister shells.

PyroManiacs
04-13-2014, 10:42 PM
For all the videos I have watched, these all seem worth looking into.

Angry Pandas
Big Mother Clucker
Breaking The Law
Country Crazy
Daring Debra
Dominator
Game On
Heat is On
High Voltage
Into The Wild
Jail Break
Let There B Zoom
Migrane Maker
Neon Bang
Pyro Idol
Pyro Heaven
Rules of Game
Sky Beauty
Steal The Show
Stolen Christmas
Super Kungfu
To The Extreme
Trouble
Wonderful Moment

I know I said no fake 3" NOABs, but someone PMed me personal experiences with some of them.... so maybe ill check those out too.

Addicted To Loud
Captain Jackson
Perfect Round
Pyro Candy
SuperBad
Texas Hold'em
Wacky Tobacky

PGH_Pyro
04-14-2014, 11:24 AM
perfect round and pyro candy are definetly impressive cakes/breaks .

PyroManiacs
04-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Oh, I forgot the 200 Gram selection:

Angels Rising
Big-N-Bad
Broken Heart
Caution Cool Effect asst.
Cherry Bomb
Eye Candy
Great Expectations
Megacities
Metal Dino
Mexican Wave
Strong Man.

These 200 grammers look to be a little more beefy then a bunch of the other 200 gram cakes. Kind of like the difference between AFW's Aquarian/Mid Summer Dream/Beach Boy Delight/Binary Star compared to some of their other cakes, which even though are all technically 200 grams, the performance difference is quite noticeable.

boo2blue
04-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Winda actually has some of the best NOABs ive seen!! My favorites are Pyro candy and whacky tobacky!

PyroManiacs
04-16-2014, 06:07 PM
Heres something interesting I found, Its Winda's Product Information Matrix...

http://www.getwinda.com/wdUpload/day_130802/Winda%20Product%20Matrix.pdf

Pyro Nation
04-16-2014, 09:19 PM
I thought everyone knew about that Gene!!!

PyroManiacs
04-16-2014, 11:28 PM
Nope, I sure as hell didnt, hahah!!

FRWKSFAN1
04-16-2014, 11:47 PM
I've used Winda products many times over the past several years and have always been satisfied with the quality and effects. They are one of my favorite brands. Here are the Winda items that I will be using this year:

Name Size
Killer Cake 200
Strong Man 200
Super Stunt 500L
Rules Of Game 500L
Super Anthem 500L
Patriotic Performance Fan 500Fan
Pyro Heaven 500Fan
Sky Beauty 500Fan
Game On 500Fan
Trouble 500 A
Double Dealing 500 2"
Wild Cargo 500 2"
Addicted To Loud 500 3"
Thunder Rolls (Similar to Old Ring, Ring) 500 3"
Pyro Candy 500 3"
Super Kung Fu 500L
Speed Racer 500 2"
War Stopper 500L

PyroManiacs
04-17-2014, 07:13 AM
Thanks FRWKSFAN1!

cracker
04-21-2014, 11:48 PM
I have never shot Winda, but I came across a Winda stand last year on the 4th. Their stuff was double the cost of all the Black Cat dealers on the Res. While it looked Decent, I couldn't imagine paying twice the price for , essentially, the same item down the road.

PyroManiacs
04-22-2014, 12:21 AM
Dont worry, "those" prices are not an issue... ;)

cracker
04-22-2014, 01:09 AM
Dont worry, "those" prices are not an issue... ;)

At least that's what the dealers tried to convince us of. We instead went to other places and bought shit loads of Brothers and Black Cat.

PyroManiacs
04-22-2014, 08:03 AM
At least that's what the dealers tried to convince us of. We instead went to other places and bought shit loads of Brothers and Black Cat.

I have come across stands while I was in Louisianna, and they were pricey, almost retail prices , So I kept goin.... I ended up finding an actual store, so I purchsed from there and got a hefty discount cause I was on Active Duty, lol

To the people working there, it must have been funny to see a HMMWV pull in with a couple of soldiers in it coming to buy fireworks, in the middle of nowhere, lol.

PyroManiacs
04-22-2014, 09:18 AM
BTW, this was my assigned HMMWV.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/KillaNinjaChuklz/hummer_zpsd6159c51.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/KillaNinjaChuklz/media/hummer_zpsd6159c51.jpg.html)

Mike Extreme
04-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Let me know if you like there product. I'm willing to give them a try next year.

PyroManiacs
04-24-2014, 06:03 PM
Let me know if you like there product. I'm willing to give them a try next year.

I will definitely.

Jman
04-25-2014, 04:58 PM
I have never shot Winda, but I came across a Winda stand last year on the 4th. Their stuff was double the cost of all the Black Cat dealers on the Res. While it looked Decent, I couldn't imagine paying twice the price for , essentially, the same item down the road.

Personally, If I had no other choice, I'd rather pay twice as much for the Winda stuff vs the Black cat. I'd rather pay $50 for a max loaded winda 500 gram than $25 for a black cat 500 gram with 250 grams in it.

cracker
04-27-2014, 04:05 AM
Personally, If I had no other choice, I'd rather pay twice as much for the Winda stuff vs the Black cat. I'd rather pay $50 for a max loaded winda 500 gram than $25 for a black cat 500 gram with 250 grams in it.

I guess if you have money to throw away that you don't want. I would rather buy Black Cat, (as its just as good as any other brand) save some money, and use the money I saved to feed starving children or something. Come to think of it, based on your example, I have never been disappointed with a Black Cat cake, and I shoot waaaaay more fireworks than you do.

Jman
04-27-2014, 02:59 PM
Its not throwing away money, its called getting what you pay for. Shoot a BC Megatron and then a World Class Loyal to None...you'll see. Put any 12 shot BC cake up against Winda's Crazy Joe's...you'll see. Its best if you see for yourself instead of taking anyones word for it. Just try the cakes I mentioned and report back to me.

Pyro k
05-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I've never shot any of these either but some look impressive!

Pyro Nation
05-01-2014, 11:37 PM
OK people....we all have our opinions..we dont need any pissing matches in the forum....

We all have brands - cakes - shells we prefer and lets leave it at that

Jman
05-02-2014, 05:25 PM
OK people....we all have our opinions..we dont need any pissing matches in the forum....

We all have brands - cakes - shells we prefer and lets leave it at that

I'm with you, I am not here to argue with anyone. But what I said is simply a fact, its not an opinion.

cfdtk1
05-03-2014, 04:35 AM
I have to say that I have super stunt, super kungfu, and war stopper every year for my show. For anyone in pa Big D's fireworks has the best prices for winda

cracker
05-09-2014, 08:16 PM
I'm with you, I am not here to argue with anyone. But what I said is simply a fact, its not an opinion.

Fact: you start an argument by forcing your opinion on me. Dont really care what you think, though.

Jman
05-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Fact: you start an argument by forcing your opinion on me. Dont really care what you think, though.

ok, you have a nice day now.

Pyro k
05-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Anybody shoot off some of the Echo in the Ear yet better than the Heavyweights?

magnetic pyro
05-26-2014, 06:09 PM
I shot of 2 winda cakes so far this year the heat is on and neon bang. Actually shot neon bang last night and man i can tell you one he'll of a cake I recommend it. Also bought a case of migraine maker and pyro heaven there both big 500 grammers the both look great I'm shooting them on the 4th

kessie
05-27-2014, 07:16 PM
"Strong Man" is a very good 200g cake for its size. Big palm breaks, silver strobe, crackle, timed rain, usually priced around $14 more or less.
"Killer Cake" is also a good one with nice breaks.

You may be interested in Mark of Greatness, 500g cake, multi-level breaks.

Shoot to the Moon is another good multi-break cake, a finale rack, a little pricey but if you're going to stick around in 1.4 get used to it.

Xtreme explosion is nice if you like 9 shots of crackling stars.

Thunder Canyon is basically Strobe Peony with a Palm break, it's nothing impressive but I like it because I'm a major fan of Strobe.

Other than those 200g cakes, avoid anything small from Winda. They're underwhelming, I know from personal experience.

If you're going to look into a particular brand, go with World Class. You can't lose with them.

PyroManiacs
05-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Mag, def looking at getting those you stated plus most of the New for 2014 500G cakes.

As far as true canister shells go.... This video I came across a little while ago is going to sum it up for me. I dont care what brand it is now, its all about the price of the case/#shells.
Going to be gettin the Excals just because they are 24 in a box. Maybe 4 or 5 cases worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOD0rQb1ZPA

I probably will not get anything 200G.

Also probably will only get two "3inch" racks....not certain on which ones yet.

Pyro k
05-31-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm off to a demo shoot today in Wisconsin. It's pretty much all winda product 1.3 and 1.4. Maybe I can finally get my list together!