PDA

View Full Version : ATF/DVD feedback

displayfireworks1
04-04-2014, 10:17 PM
There is still time to get your ATF User of Display Fireworks license before the July 4th holiday. If you need my help consider purchasing my ATF/DVD package. Here is a recent feedback I received from the state of Michigan, he told me he will be attending a 1.3 demo.
Hello Dave,
Just to let you know that I got accepted for my type 54 license. I just wanted to thank you for your help and insight and the interviewer said it’s the 1st time that she seen an application without any mistakes. I look forward to finally stepping up the 4th of July display a bit this year.
Thank you,
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

CTPYRO
04-09-2014, 04:18 PM
I've seen it and it's very informative for sure. The NHPA just got thier type 50 ATF license so I will be using the clubs contingency storage so I can apply for the 54. I mag is being moved to a different site so I'm holding off until that is completed so most likely applying after July 4th. Storage is the key

Scott

displayfireworks1
04-09-2014, 09:29 PM
For those that do not know. NHPA is New Hampshire Pyrotechnic Association. If I remember correctly the Type 50 license is a fireworks manufacturing license. To obtain that license for club activities is a great thing, that mean the club has an approved magazine and you can parlay that and everyone that is a member of the NHPA can in turn get a Type 54 to purchase and use 1.3 fireworks.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8UIT9t8gAsk/S6FQF9AK4JI/AAAAAAAABNE/sTBxKy23bp4/s1600/img-map-new-england.jpg

CTPYRO
04-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Thats correct Dave.. the 50 is a builders license and once the Mag has been relocated I'm getting the 54. The club president will give me a letter of contingency and then I'm set

Lewisz7hunter
04-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Just want to say, thanks Dave. I received my Type-54 permit in the mail today. I actually got the dvd as a gift, and it was a big help filling out the paperwork, and knowing the process of what was to come.
Mailed in the form 2/28, interview was 4/16, license arrived 4/25.

PyroManiacs
04-25-2014, 03:56 PM
Congrats Lewis!!

Pyro k
05-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Dave, just wanted to let you know I received my 54 today. Thanks a lot, couldn't of been any easier with your dvd!

bradlee311
05-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Excuse my lack of knowledge.... What's a mag? Guessing it's not an abbreviation for magazine haha

Quackaddict77
05-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Excuse my lack of knowledge.... What's a mag? Guessing it's not an abbreviation for magazine haha

yes it does stand for magazine

mguerra
05-06-2014, 09:58 AM
A magazine to store explosives, not one you read! I lifted the following quote from the armag website:

"The most common misconception about magazines is that they are designed to contain a blast. Magazines are not designed to contain a blast. Instead, magazines are vaults that are used to safeguard the contents from theft and accidental detonation."

PyroJoeNEPA
05-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Congrats Lewis & PyroK--welcome to "Club 54". Be safe & have fun!

displayfireworks1
05-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Well said PyroJoe , congratulations to both on receiving their 1.3 fireworks license. Next stop fireworks firing systems and mortar racks.

MIpyro
05-19-2014, 09:35 PM
Hello Dave, This is Travis, the one that sent you this email. I have since then went to a couple more 1.3 demos and obtained my license 3 weeks ago.. Its nice to know that I can actually obtain these products now. I am going to be getting in contact with the local fire marshall at where I am going to be shooting before I buy any 1.3 products because I have been hearing that you need insurance and need to contact the AHJ and a bunch of other crap before I can shoot. Do you know if this stuff is true or not because I really want to shoot some 1.3 along with my 1.4 this year, but if I need all this stuff to just shoot, why have the license? lol! Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you and the members soon.

PyroManiacs
05-19-2014, 11:01 PM
The license only allows you to purchase 1.3G, and in order to purchase, you will also need contingency storage for the product until the date of your permitted show.

mguerra
05-19-2014, 11:46 PM
MIpyro, type the name of your state and then fireworks laws in a search engine. For example, "Michigan fireworks laws" or whatever state you live in. You may be surprised and disappointed. Just getting the type 54 doesn't give you free reign to use 1.3 willy nilly. Every state is different, and even every local jurisdiction in a state.

MIpyro
05-20-2014, 10:10 AM
Thank you PM and MG...I do have a contigency plan with my local wholesaler. I am trying to set up a meeting with the firechief in the area to get his opinion, dont know how long that is going to take. I'll keep you all posted.

mguerra
05-20-2014, 11:34 AM
You only need contingency storage if you don't have your own magazine. It might be easier to have your own mag, it might be easier to have a contingency plan. If you have left over product after a show and have to drive 100 miles to and from a vendor's magazine, you might want your own, if you can swing it!

MIpyro
05-20-2014, 01:19 PM
Thankfully the wholesaler is only 20 miles away.

PyroManiacs
05-20-2014, 03:26 PM
If you have left over product after a show ....

HAHA, good one! :p