View Full Version : Fireworks at the Winery

displayfireworks1
04-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Fireworks at the Winery
This is video is currently unlisted.
In this video you will see "Gary", he purchased my ATF/DVD package, in addition to receiving his ATF 1.3 fireworks license he appears to be starting his own display company. He tells me he obtained a Fireworks Exhibitors License in the state of Ohio.
With my ATF/DVD package my intention is to help people advance further into the hobby enthusiast field, a few people have advanced further and entered into their own display company.
The location is a Winery in the state of Ohio, you will also see members of a Ohio pyrotechnic group helping on the display. The video is rather long at 90 minutes plus, so kick your feet up and get a cup of tea and enjoy here before its public release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PWt9IC8OU8
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/oh/OH_16347.gif
http://www.akronlegalnews.com/images/news/8022_1.jpg
http://s.lnimg.com/photo/poster/a5a1c99d587949f18ad8c12d605c275c.jpg

N3OQO
04-03-2014, 08:25 PM
LOVED it. Nice setting....nice fireworks!!

Pyro Nation
04-04-2014, 02:05 AM
but you wouldn't need all those Modules Dave if you use the Slats he came out with!

smilli
04-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Great video Dave, like the amount of whistles in the start of the show!
Finale is kind of short but intense!

pyromaniac
04-04-2014, 12:37 PM
I sometimes wonder how OPAG continues to exist. These guys are not the friendlist group of individuals. I showed up for a club meet once at that same winery. They were literally sitting around sampling wines and cheeses and gloating about all the "big" shows they do. There was only one other guy there besides me that was a hobbiest. Now if you live in Ohio and you want to get your state exhibitors license, this would be the club for you. Not so much for the backyard kind of guy. I'm surprised they even let Dave touch any 1.3g product. In Ohio you need a State assistants card to even be on a shoot site. Oh wait, maybe they were just being safety nazi's to me! I was told I couldn't even help set up mortars or cross the yellow tape. Sorry for the threadjack

PGH_Pyro
04-04-2014, 04:54 PM
you will find a wide array of personalities in pyro just like any other common-interest group . gotta try to navigate it as best as possible. sometimes that is half the battle . :p you will encounter huge egos in this field, at times . or at least, I have, anyway . it's inevitable .

having said all that , there's nothing wrong with wine & cheese . "in wine there is truth" . a good cheese can be heavenly. i like goat cheeses, myself .

PyroJoeNEPA
04-04-2014, 08:54 PM
I like the orange paint on the racks. Definitely won't trip over them in the dark while tearing down. Might "borrow" that idea.:p

displayfireworks1
04-04-2014, 09:07 PM
At Pyromaniac
Before this event, word made it to me a few of these Ohio pyro club officers really do not like me. LOL There is actually a few pyro clubs one in New York and Pennsylvania that the officers feel the same way about me. It is that Pyro U group. I keep telling everyone the real enemy and problem in fireworks is not the ATF, CPSC , APA, Phantom Fireworks etc. The problem is a small group of 10 to 20 fireworks enthusiast. They have some influence within the enthusiast market and try to keep it that way. When I meet regular members of these organizations outside of the influence of their officers they tell me they enjoy and support what I do. As far as this event, these guys treated me great, I hope I get invited back next year.

SCPyrotechnician
04-04-2014, 10:53 PM
So, Dave, how was the wine?

Pyro Nation
04-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Seeing all that type of fuse especially near a body of water and grass made me want to cry..thats all Im saying

Jman
04-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Dave, the Forward product probably came from Millers Fireworks in Holland Ohio. They are a pretty big wholesaler that imports Forward.

Jman
04-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Love the video Dave, the finale was pretty awesome. Your vid's are very high quality, Thanks for posting.

Great product but... it seemed to lack some creativity and wasn't timed very well in my opinion. I could be more critical but I won't. People have to shoot and learn. Doing your homework on the products and ignition supplies you use gives you the knowledge you need to put on a great show.

Hey, give them credit for dropping the cash, that wasn't cheap by no means and they seem to really love fireworks, I respect that.

I used to be a Pyro U member. I didn't cater to the groups so I got the boot./banned....it turned out to be a good thing....I am now 3 years sober...my name is Jman

displayfireworks1
04-05-2014, 10:20 PM
When I bought that wine I knew it would never be as good as a wine from Chile. I tried these Pennsylvania/Ohio wines , they can not compete, its the soil and the climate, this area just does not have it. I purchased the bottles to contribute in some fashion. Pennsylvania/Ohio can make a good sweet wine, if you like it sweet.
Sure this display could have been done better, Gary is new at this and it will take time, it sure was fun and it sounded like the audience enjoyed it. I been there my self, trying to put on a massive display with all volunteer help. I appreciated the variety of product. I wonder if they still make those six inch salutes?

mguerra
04-06-2014, 08:57 AM
They were hand lighting a bunch, yelling and hollering instructions over all the loud explosions. It does not make for good timing. A scripted show totally timed, automated and remote fired makes for a smoother show. Push one button and you are done. If there is a problem, push one button, stop the show, fix it, push a button and resume. These guys had fun and so did the audience! So that is a winner in any case. I would like to have seen it myself.

Grumps
04-06-2014, 09:45 AM
It looks like they got the 6 inch salutes from Lynch... he still has them in his catalog along with 8 inch salutes!

rppyro
04-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Was the finally supposed to be that fast? I think you can had the same effect with half the shells. It was awesome though.

Jman
04-06-2014, 03:23 PM
That finale reminded me of the show that went off all at once 2 years ago in Sim valley california.

Didn't mean to sound too picky. As long as they all had fun that's what its all about.

Jred201
04-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Good show. I had the same problem with that pink fuse a few years ago.

PyroJW
04-06-2014, 09:54 PM
I enjoyed the video as I do with mostly all of them. I like hand firing don't get me wrong but you just cannot have a consistent show hand firing. To much dead space and then at times to much sky puke. Pin fire or a scripted show is the only way to go in my opinion, and much safer.

wizard7611
04-07-2014, 03:09 AM
I appreciated the variety of product. I wonder if they still make those six inch salutes?
Yup, Lynch Imports sells them :D

joewad
04-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Kudos to Gary and your DVD set. I must say that Gary must be a good and fast study. Excellent sky filler with noise and regarding the finale', Dave, if I would have been where your were standing I would have soiled myself and probably got sunburn. Thanks for the post.....joe

displayfireworks1
04-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Just to update this post about the six inch salute. I talked with my advertiser Dennis at Lynch Imports about the six inch salute in this video. I ask him does he carry the six inch salute, he responded yes wait until you hear the 8 inch salute. LOL.
His 1.3 demo is April 26, 2014
http://lynchimportsllc.com/
http://lynchimportsllc.com/wp-content/themes/lynchimports/images/logo.png

wizard7611
04-14-2014, 12:45 AM
Yea, I'm planning on ordering 2 Little Big Shots 4 inch lampare shells and 2 6 inch salute shells. Hope they turn out nice!:cool: