PDA

View Full Version : Yung Feng

Jred201
04-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Are Yung Feng shells worth the extra money over your regular shells like Lidu? My supplier costs are $5.20 for Yung Feng, $3 for the regular brand. 3 inch. Thanks.

PyroManiacs
04-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Yung Feng!

wizard7611
04-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Yea, if you can buy Yung Feng 3 inch shells, get them!

displayfireworks1
04-02-2014, 11:46 PM
My experience has been they are only worth the extra money in large shells six inch and larger. I saw nothing special with them in size 3, 4 and 5. Nothing special meaning comparative to other premium line of shells. If you are looking for them one of my advertisers Lynch Imports sell them, here is a link to his price list.
http://lynchimportsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Lynch-Imports-2014-Catalog.pdf

PyroJoeNEPA
04-03-2014, 08:37 AM
YES--there is a big difference in the hang time [time the stars are lit until they burn out] compared to many other brand shells & also the depth of color is noticeable. Cheaper shells are gone as quick as they break--compare a Yung Feng 3" Nishiki Kamora or a Brocade Crown to the "other" brands & you will see the difference in the Yung Feng.
If you are doing a Pyro Musical the extra $$$ will pay off in the Yung Feng shells--but if you just want to throw up a "sky puke" then use the cheaper shells.

PGH_Pyro
04-03-2014, 12:11 PM
in my experience, the colors are quite keen/vivid and the breaks ultra-symmetrical and 'pretty' compared to cheaper ones .

CTPYRO
04-03-2014, 12:30 PM
YF is an amazing shell for sure... we shot 2 cases of 3's and 4 cases of 4's in our club show last Oct for the NHPA..... worth the money. Lidu still makes awesome salute's though

wizard7611
04-03-2014, 04:56 PM
YES--there is a big difference in the hang time [time the stars are lit until they burn out] compared to many other brand shells & also the depth of color is noticeable. Cheaper shells are gone as quick as they break--compare a Yung Feng 3" Nishiki Kamora or a Brocade Crown to the "other" brands & you will see the difference in the Yung Feng.
If you are doing a Pyro Musical the extra $$$ will pay off in the Yung Feng shells--but if you just want to throw up a "sky puke" then use the cheaper shells.

Exactly what I'm getting at

Jred201
04-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Thanks guys. I think I'll at least get a case of 36 this year and give them a try.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Thanks guys. I think I'll at least get a case of 36 this year and give them a try.
Good choice. You won't be disappointed.

SCPyrotechnician
04-04-2014, 09:02 PM
YF is an amazing shell for sure... we shot 2 cases of 3's and 4 cases of 4's in our club show last Oct for the NHPA..... worth the money. Lidu still makes awesome salute's though

Lidu makes good salutes and that's about where it ends.

PyroJW
04-06-2014, 08:44 PM
You get what you pay for and that goes with anything. Yung Feng is defiantly a specialty shell in my opinion, there hang time & duration is amazing. I would much rather spend the money on 6's, 8's & 10's from Yung Feng.

Jred201
04-07-2014, 06:21 AM
I'm definitely quality over quantity guy. I was just concerned the quality would be unnoticeable. I am definitely going to try them. I can only do up to 4 inch on my land. I bought some 4" Italian Cylinder shells this year I am excited to try. The company sells open stock 4" Kamuro Yung Feng shells I bought 1 of to check out. My 3" Yung Feng assortment will be shot next to their standard "Starbright" brand shells. The regular shells have tails on them and YF does not I believe so I should know which is which.