PDA

View Full Version : PA legal?

N3OQO
04-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Here's something I am curious about concerning PA legal fireworks. A few years back they made fountains legal in PA, yet if it flies into the air and explodes it's not? Seems like a grey area there. Many fountains throw sparks fairly high and some throw mini firecracker effects. I've seen some lately (fountains were never big here with us until recently) that launch some repeater type effects. How do you determine what is legal with a fountain in PA?

PyroManiacs
04-02-2014, 06:13 PM
I just looked over the fountains section on my wholesalers list, I dont see any fountains on there that have any repeater effects.

I did however, look at the repeaters section and seen some that start off as fountains and then go into repeater effects with "boom-boom" at the end.

Im guessing just with that separation of category that these two items fall under, changes everything.

As you know, all fireworks that shoot an explosive device into the air is illegal in the state of Pa.

I have not seen any of those fountain to aerial devices in any Safe & Sane section, only in the repeater section, which of course is not legal to be purchased by an individual living within this state, unless of course you have an ATF license/ Display permit, etc.

jknepp1954
04-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Fountains has been legal for more than just a few years ago -
anyway "emits showers of sparks" is usually the key words looking for on a fountain device. BUT as you mentioned - there are a few exceptions out there.