PDA

View Full Version : Kellner Fireworks Demo April 10 to 12

displayfireworks1
03-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Not sure who all is making it to Kellner's Fireworks Demo, I will be there and also taking the PGI shooter class. Last time I took it was 2008. I am looking forward to open shooting. I made this video because the word I am getting is anyone that wants to attend can be a part of this, no special memberships needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31rikXG2TM0
Registration
http://kellfire.com/pdf/2014demoregistration.pdf
.Here is 2013 video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hfC2EWXISA

PGH_Pyro
03-29-2014, 09:40 PM
i'll be up there . can't wait . :o

Rocketshooter
03-31-2014, 11:48 AM
Kellner's open shoot night. The annual spring festival were pyros who have been cooped up all winter long are able to vent their lack of pyrotechnics by blasting away to their hearts content. Let us hope that fair weather shall prevail!!! This winter does not want to let go!!

jknepp1954
03-31-2014, 02:37 PM
I will be there for the Pgi class and open shoot on Thursday, and also Friday for 1.4 demo

Jman
03-31-2014, 02:57 PM
Wish I could be there guys...ya'll light it up and have fun!:) Post some vids, I always enjoy watching others lighting up the sky:D

Jake-Pa
03-31-2014, 06:04 PM
Do you have to go to one of the seminars to watch the open shoot or just show up?

displayfireworks1
03-31-2014, 06:33 PM
Word I am getting is you can just come for the open shooting. If you want to shoot fireworks you can go inside and buy them then bring them out to shoot in the designated area. Don't just come to watch light something. LOL

PyroJoeNEPA
03-31-2014, 09:00 PM
Word I am getting is you can just come for the open shooting. If you want to shoot fireworks you can go inside and buy them then bring them out to shoot in the designated area. Don't just come to watch light something. LOL
Dave--Isn't a "Permit to Purchase/Use Consumer Fireworks in PA" required for anyone from PA that wants to purchase fireworks for the open shoot? Out of state wouldn't be an issue--but PA residents would need a permit for the files------?????

Jake-Pa
03-31-2014, 10:17 PM
Dave--Isn't a "Permit to Purchase/Use Consumer Fireworks in PA" required for anyone from PA that wants to purchase fireworks for the open shoot? Out of state wouldn't be an issue--but PA residents would need a permit for the files------?????

I wondered about this also, i'm only 20 so i can't get my atf license yet and my township supervisors won't sign the permit because nobody is sure what the fireworks ordinances are, not that they care if set them off but a trip to Kellner's would be a little shorter than to wfboom

Niceshellsdude
03-31-2014, 10:26 PM
Kellners has permits you can purchase if you are a PA resident. I believe they were 20 bucks for one last year.

displayfireworks1
03-31-2014, 10:41 PM
No I believe the permit is to shoot on his property. You go in a buy something and take it out to shoot it. If anyone has trouble buying something on Thursday for the open shoot find me and I will take care of it so you can get what you want. Best to bring cash to buy fireworks that night.

Westpapyro
03-31-2014, 10:57 PM
I think it has something to do with the club, pa pyro artist sponsor of open shoot? I think they use club insurance? Enabling pa people to buy and shoot?
Not sure? May be totally wrong, but that is what I heard last year?

jknepp1954
03-31-2014, 11:10 PM
My intake...Pa Pyro Artist is sponsoring the open shoot....but more than likely Kellners provides the insurance.
This scenario has nothing to do with enabling the buy/shoot deal.

PGH_Pyro
04-01-2014, 09:16 AM
anyone can show up, buy product (1.4) and blast away for the open-shoot.
PA. Pyro Artists are shooting/setting up Kellner's 1.4 demo, Friday night is my understanding .
Kellner's guys shoot/set up their 1.3 demo, Sat. night .

Wholesale Fireworks
04-02-2014, 01:35 PM
— 1275.2. Supervised public displays permitted; permits
Permission shall be given by the governing body of any city, borough, town or township under reasonable rules and regulations for displays of consumer fireworks (Class C) and display fireworks (Class B) to be held therein. Every such display shall be handled by a competent operator and shall be of such a character and so located, discharged or fired as, in the opinion of the chief of the fire department or other such officer as may be designated by the governing body of the municipality, after proper inspection, to not be hazardous to property or endanger any person or persons. After such privilege shall have been granted, possession and use of consumer fireworks (Class C) and display fireworks (Class B) for such display shall be lawful for that purpose only. No permits shall be transferable.

according to the state law you can only purchase a valid permit from the municipality in which you live or plan to shoot your show. I would definitely check this out before purchasing a permit elsewhere, then returning home only to find out it is not valid

PGH_Pyro
04-03-2014, 12:22 PM
fact is, a lot of people are taking stuff home back to their house in PA somewhere but hopefully they'll have a permit or are in a rural area where the powers that be aren't concerned too much . even here in Pittsburgh in the city, it gets pretty crazy and loud on the 4th / New Years Eve and the cops are not going crazy about it unless you started a fire or are aiming roman candles at your neighbors/etc or shooting your cakes in the middle of the street. they do confiscate product sometimes but ive seen police/fire chief on PGH evening news saying they dont have the resources to intervene across the city . im not advocating breaking laws, i'm just telling you what I see here in PGH .

KELLFIRE mike
04-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Thanks to all the people who came out for this years demo. Other then fog friday night every thing turned out great!

jknepp1954
04-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Mike - yeah - nice c show till fog settled...Beth called it right to postpone rest of 500 gr till following night.
Liked the Cobra show - very nice script and product to go with it.
Unfortunately we were not there Saturday.

N3OQO
04-14-2014, 06:00 PM
I would like to see some reforms in the laws here in PA. Consumer products are safer than ever, why not legalize them? Unless you are acting crazy with them as you say Pyro, it should be legal to celebrate and enjoy your fireworks with the family and friends. I would be in favor of limiting it to dates and times. Folks are running across the border and buying them anyway, and like you said the sky in Pgh lights up on the 4th regardless. Time for a little sanity and logic I say.

PyroManiacs
04-14-2014, 08:29 PM
Agreed N3, Even with myself living in a big city, it sounds like a war zone during the 4th. There was also a message on the news saying that police will not be responding to any fireworks complaints from Noon until 1am.

In a city with a Population of almost 1.5mil:

There are 22 Districts and a count of about 6500 officers. Thats 1 officer per 230 citizens.... trying to police 142 square miles of congested streets.

PGH_Pyro
04-14-2014, 09:26 PM
to Kellners : may I suggest that next time , you either : hose down the field/vegetation before the open shoot OR mow down that field area OR do a controlled burn to appease the fire department ? that shooting along that track was a bummer and very limiting .

Pyro Nation
04-15-2014, 12:35 AM
did they have product available this time?

jknepp1954
04-15-2014, 05:31 AM
YEs - a few empty slots - but not too bad off

Pyro@Mach13
04-15-2014, 12:20 PM
did they have product available this time?

Not sure on 1.3 but 1.4 was pretty much loaded up.

PGH_Pyro
04-15-2014, 12:38 PM
mostly loaded up outside of crackling dragon fountains and mammoth smokes (stuff i'd wanted to get ). much better stocked than a year ago .

magnetic pyro
04-15-2014, 09:35 PM
is any one gonna post any vids on the open shoot? I seen Daves vids on the years past open shoots and they were great