View Full Version : how would I find a consumer fireworks club around houston tx?

martymower
03-24-2014, 07:06 PM
I know about the fireants but really was wondering if any small clubs held monthly 1.4 shoots around Houston, I like to watch the big stuff but really only want to shoot the low hassle consumer stuff myself. I lite a cake or two every month on my half acre but not enough space to use my racks or do a show- have to go to my cuzs 3 acres in Conroe for that. Any idea where to look or find out if any such thing is around the greater Houston area?

PyroManiacs
03-24-2014, 08:04 PM
I would tend to think majority of clubs can shoot both B and C items, except if there was one in NJ.... no consumer fireworks AT ALL, no matter what... or if there are any other states like that, I dont know.

I would think a shoot permit is a shoot permit regardless of product class. The distance regulation would be the only thing that changes anything, and that would be what size shell can be used.

Someone correct me if theres any wrong information in there.

jknepp1954
03-25-2014, 07:20 AM
The Fireants is the only club for Texas that I am aware of. How far is that from you? Even here in the East coast many of us are use to going 6 to 8 hours away to attend a club shoot/meet.

martymower
03-25-2014, 05:45 PM
The fireants website shows 3 shoots a year and one is only a couple of hours away. The problem is I need to be around steady all summer and cannot be away for a weekend. Mid Nov to mid Feb I have time to burn and can do most anything. I may try and attend a day if I can make time. If someone had 5 acres or so without forest and we just shot 1.4 could probably do a monthly shoot near town by making a deal with the local fire department. If everyone brought their own fireworks I doubt any problem would come up. Houston is big but lots of nearby land in the unincorprated areas. Houston the city is very hostile to fireworks but not the county. I live in the county although my address says Houston, Proubbly have to run it by the

martymower
03-25-2014, 06:10 PM
sherrifs office or at least the local patrol deputy. I do not know about insurane ect but would be a great Friday or Saturday- more like going to a movie or dinner instead of Disney world, Thought something would be around already where everyone kicked in for fire or whatever.