PDA

View Full Version : Wikifireworks.com Public Fireworks Database

cobrafiringsystems
03-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Dear Pyrotalk.com!

I am really excited to announce a new, really cool website I developed that will help benefit Pyrotalk members and firework enthusiasts in general!

The website is www.wikifireworks.com and is a publicly maintained database of consumer fireworks. Users can quickly search for, group, and sort products by attributes including type, brand, duration, and effect. Fireworks contain one or more images, videos, and can be edited by any user to most accurately describe the product. All user edits are tracked and logged to create a history against the item.

In addition to searching and viewing, Wikifireworks supports user-tagging of items. By tagging items, you can create your own personal lists for different shows, or even sections of shows. You can easily print and export lists, and even search within tagged lists.

To help individuals quickly find the best fireworks, Wikifireworks has created a "best of" section whereby users can nominate fireworks for best of categories. Within these categories, users can up- and down- vote fireworks to create a ranking which provides an accurate public view into popularity by category. Users can also suggest additional categories for use within the website.

By combining powerful search, user tagging, public editing, a "best of" ranking system, and personalized reviews, we can provide a tool for individuals to quickly identify and maintain lists of items they are interested in using during their shows. Definitely take the time to find your favorite fireworks and nominate them into the Best of categories. This is one of the coolest features of the site as you can rank items and everyone can benefit from the collective votes of users.

Wikifireworks is free for users, and is considered a tool for the people, open to all suggestions to help improve the ease-of-use and accuracy of fireworks content. Whether you're looking to help contribute and maintain content, or just have fun searching the website and building tagged lists, you are welcome!

For any suggestions, please use our suggestion forum, or contact us directly at ssmith@wikifireworks.com.

Scott Smith

PyroJoeNEPA
03-12-2014, 11:10 AM
I was on the new site yesterday Scott. It looks like it will be a great tool for the Pyro Community to evaluate & search out specific effects, products, etc. Can't wait to see how it grows & develops as people begin to add input & product reviews to it. Thanks for all the hard work & effort that went into developing & producing the site!

joewad
03-12-2014, 11:14 AM
Kudos to post. Shows promise, especially for this left-hander :cool:

PyroManiacs
03-12-2014, 02:48 PM
It looks like it will be a great tool for the Pyro Community to evaluate & search out specific effects, products, etc. Can't wait to see how it grows & develops as people begin to add input & product reviews to it. Thanks for all the hard work & effort that went into developing & producing the site!

My thoughts exactly!! Awesome.

Jman
03-14-2014, 01:34 AM
You think you could get a hold of the hundereds of videos and pics I used to have up on Pyroreview and repost them on your site?

cobrafiringsystems
03-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Hi JMan, we definitely can. Today we are working off the manufacturer's websites and also YouTube based on automated search and matches. We are open to new sources and getting the content centralized.

Jdrobinson13
03-28-2014, 09:48 AM
Updates - 3/27/14

Added Forward Fireworks
Added Legend Fireworks

wizard7611
03-28-2014, 05:14 PM
I'll post most of my consumer fireworks on that website so people can take a look at them. :D

displayfireworks1
03-28-2014, 11:11 PM
On the Wikifireworks site I am having trouble sliding the duration to one or two seconds. It would be great if there was a way to type in a number.
http://www.wikifireworks.com/

wizard7611
03-29-2014, 02:56 AM
Yea, it would be great if that feature was added to the website :)

PyroManiacs
03-29-2014, 05:54 PM
What happened to adding the 1.3 items?

Jdrobinson13
04-01-2014, 04:48 PM
On the Wikifireworks site I am having trouble sliding the duration to one or two seconds. It would be great if there was a way to type in a number.
http://www.wikifireworks.com/

You'll be happy to know this feature is currently in queue to be added!

Updates as of 4/1/14

Added the following firework brands:

-Liberty Bell
-Kylin King
-Cutting Edge
-Full Blast
-Black Market

Jdrobinson13
04-01-2014, 04:50 PM
What happened to adding the 1.3 items?

Currently we are supporting only 1.4 and 1.4g, however, we are excited to add this in the future as the site develops.

PyroManiacs
04-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Well, Ill be waiting to add 1.3 again... :)

Jdrobinson13
05-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Updates, 5/14/14

Finished adding Wild Dragon fireworks
Added Tannerite

There are a bunch of updates that will be added shortly!

AZ Pyro
05-15-2014, 01:03 AM
Looks good man, nice job

Jdrobinson13
05-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Updates 5/29/14

Added Pyro Demon
Added Bada Boom
Added RGS

PGH_Pyro
05-29-2014, 12:08 PM
loving that pyro demon stuff from what ive seen/shot , so far .

kessie
05-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Hehe, I see you used some of my Youtube videos for the demos. I actually appreciate that greatly, helps the channel. I'll be sure to submit whatever else I can find.

My channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/kessiepaintball/videos - it just started out as my personal channel and then I picked up the fireworks hobby.

My favorite store is reconstructing a bigger store (same lot / same address) that will be finished this week with a hundred new items, they have a channel, I'll contribute whatever I can.