PDA

View Full Version : Grucci Fireworks in Hawaii

displayfireworks1
03-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Since when did Grucci Fireworks start shooting fireworks in Hawaii. I always thought there were just a few display companies there. It is near impossible to get a Type 54 in Hawaii because these few companies in Hawaii will not sell 1.3 fireworks because they are so afraid of competition. how Grucci managed Hawaii I would love to know. It must be an affiliation with an existing company there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GPzfNpkaDg

pyroguy56
03-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Grucci has been shooting there for years. I don't think they have any affiliation with any company there.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-12-2014, 03:09 PM
I see that they are using the open frame steel mortar racks that are so common in Europe. Interesting.

pyro1361
03-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Joe,

We Use the steel racks at my company and Bay uses them too. Bay Has a ton of these, We shoot 6inch and 8inch out of these. We got them from Grucci.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-12-2014, 06:46 PM
Joe,

We Use the steel racks at my company and Bay uses them too. Bay Has a ton of these, We shoot 6inch and 8inch out of these. We got them from Grucci.
That is interesting Zach. What are the pro's/cons compared to wood racks & end boarding? Setup time? weight? transportation? etc. Any issues with large calibre shells putting extra pressure on the bottom plugs when they are on an angle & not flat on the ground and against a bottom board?
It seems like it would be a quicker setup & eliminate having to clean the pipes out if they are already loose...especially in smaller sizes.

mguerra
03-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Dave, your statement is confusing. It should not be near impossible to get a type 54 in Hawaii because a type 54 is a federally issued license. The Bureau of Tobacco Alcohol and Firearms should not care where you live in order to give you this license, they are simply vetting you to possess 1.3 explosives. Getting a license to be a display operator in Hawaii may be another matter altogether! Who knows what goes on between the industry and state regulators in any given state...