PDA

View Full Version : Rack tube's

Redbullz
03-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Hey guys so im looking for a website to buy tubes for the rack im making. Looking for 2.5" tubes i believe that is the size of the excaliburs if im not mistaken thanks guys.

displayfireworks1
03-05-2014, 04:03 PM
You have to respect the advertising rules on the pyrotalk forums, it is not permitted for members to list every conceivable website that sells mortar racks. Current I do not believe I have an advertiser that sells mortar tubes. You have to do some research on your own a little. It is very easy just type it into google. From the sound of things it looks like you are on a tight budget.
The size of the mortar you mentioned is wrong for Excalibur artillery shells. I mean this respectfully you need a ground up education of electrical firing , mortars and most likely fusing. Spend the time and watch my setup and finale videos. If you shoot consumer artillery shells out of 2.5 inch pipe you may hurt someone.

martymower
03-05-2014, 04:04 PM
You want dr 11 size mortar tubes for x_cals. Search foe mortar tubes on the web and many places will come up.

Bighorn
03-05-2014, 05:37 PM
I think Eddie still advertises with you Dave so I am going to throw this out hope its ok. Nite Lites in Kentucky has from 1.75 all the way to big mortar tubes. That is were I get all mine. I think he will ship them to you to. Go to the advertising page on here and his number will be on there.

N3OQO
03-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Make sure you use the right size tube for the shell. Dave is correct someone will get hurt. The lifting charge will not create enough pressure to shoot the shell high if the shell is loose in the tube, and it will explode very low.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Kneppys is also carrying complete racks with tubes. You might want to start out with one "factory made" to see how they are constructed--then build your own as you get some experience.

displayfireworks1
03-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Yes you are correct about Nite Lites aka Little China in Kentucky. I just received his paper catalog. He and I talked via email recently; he is going to be selling 1.3 items in Indiana. I do not want to get into all the details just yet. My plan is to do a video of his place in Kentucky, we are working together to make that happen.
I see he sells mortars, racks, paper hemispheres fuse, etc. I just never think of him selling anything other than fireworks. I have his catalog in pdf file let me see if I can attached it here
I made this for him unlisted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RecRmjo1K3w

jknepp1954
03-06-2014, 06:29 AM
Kneppys is also carrying complete racks with tubes. You might want to start out with one "factory made" to see how they are constructed--then build your own as you get some experience.
We do have a few racks with 1.75" tubes in our inventory. See my pricing list - pretty much self explain. I did not make them - but had another factory make for us.
Sorry I do not sell tubes only.
For any other details - please PM me.

PGH_Pyro
03-06-2014, 12:26 PM
there are a variety of rack builders/sellers online . some are "over-built" to withstand cato/mishaps but you'll pay out the rear for them and some say they aren't worth it and they are very heavy .
do your research before you build or buy .

jknepp1954
03-06-2014, 07:30 PM
i had borrowed one of these "heavy racks" from an online member here - all i can say is "HERNIA!" ;)
BUT it came in handy when i needed it - wouldn't own a beast like that though...